walther ppq m2 jamming problems

Trust me, with this kind of trigger travel, you cant only shoot the PPQ fast, you can shoot it accurately too. I love my PPQ M1 so its too bad this pistol got such a good review here, means Im probably gonna have to buy it. I thought these days that stuff was for cartridge collectors only. Really how hard is it to remove the magazine, confirm the chamber is empty (visually and tactically), and point in a safe direction and pull the trigger? In addition, the slides design is made to drain the water from the striker channel, making it practical for Maritime operations. There are only a couple of light scratches on the slide and no sign of rusting or corrosion anywhere at all. the 4 version was my first gun ever and latter I got a Full Size to shoot matches. back on november 16, 2018 we issued a recall on pps m2's with certain serial numbers. In this case, the slide fails to go forward to the place where the barrel locks up, and the disconnector allows the gun to fire. I am happy with this. CCI standard velocity (the 40gr 1070 fps stuff) cycles reliably and appears to be the most accurate non-match ammo so Ive mainly used that. The basic maintenance and care include springs and parts that you should monitor every 5000 rounds or so. I debating between a PPQ and VP9sk and Im like my daughters at the shoe store as to which one I should get. I was ready to destroy it and throw it away, but Walther stood behind their project and now I still have a decent (although worn out and beat up) P22. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. On the other hand: I did try the PPQ M2 in 9mm, and it be sweeeeeet. i had a 20 year old mk2 10 bull that was rusty, and the frame to reciever fit was sloppy, and they fixed it (repalced lower?) ; Malfunctions Due to Ammo or Gun Mechanics. I cant find if this gun is DA or only SA? The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Im not registering my finger. SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION HERE - PPS M2 RECALL. So, make sure to clean the carbon build-up. The subjective difference between a PPQ and a PPX is about $250. Until I see shelves consistently stocked full of bricks, I wouldnt consider buying another .22. I have always considered that to be much more reliable. Jeremy strives to collect objective data whenever possible, and looks to write accurate reviews that reflect the true user experience. The rounds seem to eject and feed fine, looking at the ejection port when the slide is stuck doesnt seem to reveal any issues there. Whats the difference? I prefer the medium backstrap that comes fitted on the gun myself, though I assume people with larger or smaller hands will favor the large and small backstraps respectively. Obviously, no gun is truly perfect. Deformed parts: One cause is that the magazine or pistol is broken, the slide stop lever is broken, or the magazine tube is deformed. Also, thanks to the .22 LR magazine being so slim but the PPQ .22s grip being the normal width, the pistol benefits from a sweet magwell. ; Rack Rack the slide to clear the chamber and load a new round. Thanks!!! Walther PK380 just points and shoots, very easy. For one, the grips are textured much more aggressively than the P99. Dirtiness-sensitive. Exact same texture, same size and feel as just guestimating here approximately the M backstrap of the centerfire (unfortunately I dont have a PPQ to try and measure to be sure here, but Walther states the grip circumference as 5.3). Last winter, after 12 years of shooting this gun, the slide broke in two. i guess i coulda bought a ruger, they have phenomenal customer service. When I hold the PPQ, it melts in my hand. . First off, have you tried different ammo? However, if you have a Canik TP9SFX/TP9SF/TP9SFT the 18 round mags DO work in the full size frame. Shooter-induced limp wristing: This problem can also occur due to limp wristing. So, if you dryfire a lot, you have to have snap caps or dummy rounds to take that impact from the firing pin. Now, after lots of dry-fire practice and about 5000 rounds at the range, I better understand why its called Quick Defense Trigger. IIRC we did notice markings on the rim of the case to suggest this. Ive put this pistol through a variety of conditions and all I see are a couple of very light scratches that take concentration to be noticed. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. It is really easy to manipulate since its right back where your thumb can easily reach, but the necessity of manipulating it is reduced quite a bit by it not functioning due to being right where your thumb can easily reach. Steel targets no problem. So I just got my new PPQ M2 - 9mm, 4" barrel, and took it shooting Monday. The Walther PPQ M1 is my favorite for now. hey guys in this video i show you how to fix the walther PPK slide when it starts to jam up on you.. Oh, make sure its empty and in a safe direction. Dirty chamber mouth: If the mouth of the chamber is dirty, it can cause the failure to return to the battery. It has serious carry problems, as I learned. Actually, Joe is still enjoying it since he couldnt bring himself to return the loaner and decided, instead, to purchase it. Sorry, that was a bit sloppy and colloquial rather than technically accurate. I for one am a huge fan of the DA/SA striker on the gun with the ability to decock and carry one in the pipe. The front and rear flat-bottom slide serrations allow for a secure hold when pulling back the slide. BOOSTEADY Universal Handgun Cleaning kit GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit Hunting Hoppe's No. Well Ive had this issue as well. When Ive increased my distance from the target to around 40 to 50 feet, my groups do widen, but not significantly. And then it happened all the time. Overall Length: 7.5 inches. You may or may not regard them as show-stoppers. If you love to wear hoodies? Close. These are built by Walther, not Umarex. I have also fired my own PPQ-M2 a few hundred rounds without any issues. Also had two failed to lock back on empty mag. Broken extractor: This problem also happens if your pistol has a damaged extractor. I was missing a .22 in my collection, I am Very Happy I chose this pistol. The slide is not in the battery: One probable cause of this malfunction is that the slide is not in the battery. It was my go to target gun and I was shooting 3 or 4 times a week. Lots and lots of cracked slides on many of the pot metal (zinc alloy) .22s out there. The size of the bump along the back of the grip made me think it wasnt going to fit my hand very well. A notch will engage the slide stop when you have an empty magazine, and the last round comes out. In fact i have yet to find any pistol on earth that isnt a 1911 that has a shorter reset than the P99 AS. Nonetheless, a couple of compelling criticisms exist with the P99. Dont get me wrong, by no means do I consider myself a professional shooter. My wifes carry is the Walther PK380 with a similar grip and my Ruger SR22 is also patterned after the Walther P22 grip. I look forward in the future to putting more types of ammo through the PPQ and seeing if its reliability holds up, which I suspect it will. If you get a good firearm from Walther you might be good. Must admit it would be used primarily for steel plate shooting so the 5 is probably the better option. Capacity:12+1 In all my shooting life, I dont think Ive ever come across a pistol that would be as hard to speak ill of as the Walther PPQ. When the slide is in a particular position and you press the trigger, it will prevent the striker from cocking. Walther has a great warranty. I also put lots of bare lead or waxed lead through the PPQ. The reach to the trigger is comfortable and the trigger pull is light enough to be easy and controllable but heavy enough that it isnt hazardous for less experienced shooters. Definitely the Walther grip is my favorite of all the pistols I have ever held. So youve only fired a Glock and maybe a revolver or DAO semi-auto? From $429.00. Additionally, the importance of a slide that reliably locks back on empty is a matter of personal opinion for the intended use case of the pistol in question. This full-size 9mm or 45 ACP striker-fired pistol features a textured grip surface and three interchangeable backstraps, an integral Picatinny rail for mounting aftermarket accessories, three-dot low profile sights that won't snag when drawn from concealment, and a double . At least, norm in the sense of whats popular these days, and certainly among .22 pistols that look like centerfire pistols and where the entire slide reciprocates (rather than an internal bolt or small cut-out portion of the slide, which Ive historically found to function more reliably). Identical to its centerfire siblings. All sorts of failures. Discover now the best deals and amazing prices. the Ruger works and is quality built. Some other functional similarities did carry over from Walthers other .22 LR pistols (P22, primarily), such as a fixed, threaded barrel thats clamped into the barrel block by a sleeve and a nut on the end. JavaScript is disabled. Bro no offense but thats way out of the warranty period. Having diverse .45s and a Glock 20 (with an extra .40cal barrel), I went with the PPQ. The technical difference likely involves MIM parts and other cheaper manufacturing methods for the PPX. This pistol comes with a pellet clip that holds 16 rounds (each end of the magazine features a rotary . But there is an inaccuracy in this review. Failure to Feed. Oh I also forgot Walther likes to use stepped chambers, so reloads aren't a great idea as they may stick in the chamber if they haven't been properly resized. No doubt this gun has a nice grip/feel. Their representative Conner in customer service, refused to have it returned for Walther to fix the firearm. It will replace my 4" PPQs. I could not believe that it was legal to sell such a piece of junk. Replace the recoil spring assembly to fix this issue. It feels very good and the reset is wonderful. Below mentioned are all the probable causes of failure to feed and their solutions: Magazine not seated properly: One possible reason for failure to feed is that the magazine is not seated correctly into the frame. Apparently the Walther web site is incorrect. The M2's pull weight is listed as 6.1 pounds, and it has a short, audible, and tactile reset, which is very nice. Dead round: When the round doesnt fire on ejecting out, and you see a good dent on the primer, the chances are that the round is dead. Not sure about what's being said on the forums, but I can offer my own personal experience: Thx all. Even for beginner shooters. I had my gunsmith try to fix it; he gave up. Reliability: * * * * * I want to work on precision shooting, noncompetitive for now. The magazine release is broken: This problem also occurs when the magazine release is broken. So if you like the PPQ except for the trigger check it out. A poor design on the Walther model that allows the . The ergonomics are amazing, the trigger is great, I want to carry this gun as my EDC. Street price starts at about $310. I love the gun but for me thats its down fall, even worse now that ammo is hard to get. The PPQ is my absolute favorite handgun to shoot at the range, but Id never carry one for defense given the ultra-fine reset. Walther P22 users have posted numerous complaints about the function of the weapon. That internal hammer setup looks remarkably similar to my S&W M&P22. Try a spare magazine, repair or replace it. That trigger might be good for a safe-action polymer gun, but it doesnt compare to a decent SA trigger, like a CZ, 1911, or Sig. - Polymer guide rod?! Try some better quality ammo like WWB. Clean and lubricate your gun to solve the issue. Not as happy with the 22LR version. I tried a box of the cheapest Federal value pack bulk though, Im not sure what velocity that is rated at. My first 10 shots were great and close to center. They seem to have sent me a entirely new gun. I had a P22 but after a yr or so moved to the Sig Mosquito. Width:1.3 True. I put my G19 on a shelf in preference of the PPQ M1. Squib load: The round will get caught in the barrel when the squib load happens. . Also Read: Best Sights for Walther PPQ M2. Unless someone else is making .22 LR FMJ? Its possible that a .22 LR doesnt punch the slide backwards with enough authority to reliably cock a striker with a spring stiff enough to ignite a .22 LR (vicious cycle, that), whereas a hammer can have enough leverage on it to work, but thats just a guess as to why Walther made this change for the .22. PPQ navy has excellent ergonomics for self-defense. Posted by 2 years ago. I consistently hit a 10 inch plate at this distance using Remington Viper ammunition. Anyway, I like the PPQ, and I like the P7 the CCP copies (poorly). Ammo-sensitive. Running 22 pistols with my cans is just too much fun. I am with Tex300BLK on the magazine release. And as far as the paddle release? It certainly beats having to manually pull back the slide and check the chamber each time! Simply pop the pin out with an Allen wrench or a screwdriver and the backstrap will pull right off. Luckily he was following range rules and had it pointed downrange.

City Of Chicago Minimum Wage 2022, Dodge Dart Electrical Problems, Why Did Boblo Island Amusement Park Close, Articles W