sunshine cookies from the 70s

The cookie assortment was excellent. Has anyone ever seen a recipe for the Chocolate Nugget cookies? It be nice if Walmart sold them in the Marysville CA store Id like to purchase them again loved them as a kid back in the 1960s contact Walmart store in Marysville CA let them know that theres someone who wishes theyd sell them Id buy a box of these instead of a bag (530)742-3775 Ron self. Older students would bring them in a big tin can at the price you mentioned. Of course, Sunshine would send huge boxes to hand out to clients. google_color_border = "E7F0EB"; 6 / 65. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined. Thanks for the help. I will not live forever! The combined companies made Specialty Foods the number-three cookie maker in the country. What I remember is that they were all white icing with a cherry or raspberry dot in between the cookie and the marshmallow. Is that the same brand as whatever it's been talking about here? There is a cookie that I loved as a child. Can't we rally to get Keebler to produce them again? Coconut Dreams are Exactly like the Girl Scouts SAMOAS. They were not spice cookies but they were called "Fruit" cookies. They were a small vanilla cookie, topped with marshmellow and dipped in a white coating. And then in 1969 I moved away from the city and never again thought upon them. The barrels and crates of biscuits were delivered by horse and wagon, set out in the grocery store and sold to the consumer by the measure. To Susan regarding the JOHNNY CAKES!!! We'll have to hope they have them in heaven! Wheels, Flutes and Crowns were another such trio of snacks. [1] Hydrox was largely discontinued in 1999, three years after Sunshine was acquired by Keebler, which was later acquired by Kellogg's. Oh my were they the best! (very close though) Missing the wafer cookie and peanuts. I did get some from an online grocery company who specializes in hard to find products. I would love to see those come back. Home; Products. I'm not a big chocolate lover, but I love cookies and these were just the best. I also wonder if it was filled with dates or figs instead. Loose-Wile's cracker was "Takhoma". They are real close. They were just a plain cookie but with a very unique taste. Some company should bring them back. I mean, long with a history spanning 150 years. Not only was the creme delicious, but the wafer was great as well. Garibaldi are not the same as Sunshine. Submit a link to more information about Sunshine Brand Marshmallow Cookies. !17.50 the catalog is Vermont country store. offered the same 2 rows of vanilla/maples and a 3rd middle row of chocolate cookies with the same maple frosting. It's in better shape than what I have seen online. Vanilla cookie, marchmallow on top, covered with white chocolate, sprinkled with nuts.They were awesome! Yes Sushine company bring back the Nut Sundae cookies. Never dreamed there would be such a discussion. My father owned the chocolate row all to himself. The recipe has been passed down through . Any help would be apprecaiate. Sheeeeesh! BEST chocolate chip cookie ever. They were made at the Dayton Factory and I am researching that factory for a story. After Kellogg's took over Keebler including crackers bearing the Sunshine name, the Sunshine brand was replaced by the Kellogg's brand.[5]. I would love, love, love to have some Marshmallow Nut Sundae cookieor even a picture to help my memory! These raisin cookies mimic the late lamented Golden Raisin Biscuits, formerly sold under the Sunshine brand name, and later by Keebler. Interesting that some companies have brought back vintage candies but not vintage cookies. They were the best! https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/golden-raisin-biscuit-cookies-recipe, 2) Another one I found that seems to work well, https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cookies/garibaldi-golden-raisin-biscuit-cookies-sunshine.html. Sunshine made the best cookies ever - Chocolate Nuggets, Toy Cookies, Peanut Cookies, on and on! Please bring them back and make available again. they will never bring them back. Nabisco produced "Barnum's Animals". Introduced Yum Yums, stores were begging for displays. Love chocolate nuggets. He retired in the 70's and passed in '75. Do the world and Nugget cookie lovers everywhere a favor and let us reproduce these. Thanks. Six different shapes three tasty flavors: chocolate, lemon, spice, in every box. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. No self-respecting '70s kid would ever walk out for gym class without a pair of tube socks, preferably one long enough to reach their knees. My dad was a salesman for Sunshine Biscuit Co. To this day i have many memorable moments going to work with my dad, on my school vacation day's enjoy every moment! My dad also worked for Sunshine Biscuits for 25 years. I haven't seen them in foever. Excellent flavor. My Pop-Pop called them Chocolate covered Ant cookiesit was a graham cracker crust, marshmallow dome with chocolate jimmies, I so wish they'd bring these backnothing else like them on the market..I've even tried to make them myslefnot so good hahaha, They've already said it all. It was then sold to G. F. Industries, a privately held California company, and finally merged with the Keebler Company in 1996. For a short time, maybe a year or two, Girl Scouts sold a cookie that tasted almost exactly like an Orbit, except it was a round cookie. The last time I even had one was probably in the sometime in the 80s, haven't seen them in the stores since. Sunshine now is owned by Keebler, a subsidiary of Kellogg's. The early part of the company's history was dominated by developing new items and acquiring established brands from other smaller companies. Please return Chocolate Nuggets to us forthwith! Sunshine's Hydrox sandwich cookies (1949) Crispo assorted biscuits / mixed cookies (1950s) How youngsters love these oven-fresh newcomers to the Crispo Cookie Family! I AM LOOKING FOR AN ADDRESS FOR A PATIENT OF MINE. I was googling them and could not remember what they were called til I ran across your comments! We ate so many boxes of these cookies while watching TV. I saw a copy of Lemon Coolers being sold in a Cracker Barrel in Fishkill, NY. 1 pick) of tantalizing the public with amazing cookies, then removing them from their product line for no apparent reason. At this point all we can do is import them from the UK or find a British pantry somewhere. Im gonna get some for my sister, shes been looking for them. Beat until smooth. Does a body good. what a memory. Our hostess graciously gave us a packet to take home, and I discovered they are called Crawfords Garibaldi biscuits, and have long been a treat in the UK. Nowadays you see dozens of the same thing by all the bakeries, wouldn't it be a novel idea to bring back some of the favorites of the past? Enjoy. the party cracker of today circa 1971 and the American Heritage line of crackers which included a pumpernickel version, what was real name of the johnny cakes in the 50, 60 's johnny cakes were not the real name. [Editor's note: We periodically search for pictures of this product. Bruns, where can I find the raisin cookie recipe you speak of? Best of Sunshine Cookies From The 70s recipes . Vintage Christmas Sunshine Biscuits Tin "The Morning Ride", "The Road - Winter" Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Please bring back Lemon Coolers. I miss them very much. The Sunshine chocolate sprinkle cookies were the best cookies I've ever had in my life. pflaherty@q.com. it had a round cookie wafer on it's bottom and a marshmallow filling in it's middle and a thin white frosting with nuts in it on top. Just add me to the crows. Apricot Pinwheel Cookies. It was a flat and round cookie,topped with marshmallow and then chocolate sprinkles. Has anyone received a response to the raisin cookies/biscuts? Original Girl Scout Cookies were wonderful - remember the truly Thin Mints. Current products are Cheez-It snack crackers, Krispy saltine crackers, Krispy Soup & Oyster crackers, and Nut Sundae Cookie. They are not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy. My mother said she cant remember them, Probably because my playmates mother had them at her house. Sunshine Biscuits, formerly known as The Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company, was an independent American baker of cookies, crackers, and cereals. I too remember Orbit cookies, they were the best. please if anyone remembers the correct name of the cookie. Delicious! Bring them back Sunshine! None of my million searches have shown me a white cookie like what I described. Oh,yes! We're these the same. Sunshine used to make a cookie called Custards.. Yes, your memory is remarkable. As a child, my favorite treat was a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a few Nugget cookies crumbled over the top. Orbits, Vienna Fingers, Devils Cakes (loved them), Oatmeal, Chocolate Sandwich, Tru Blue sandwich cookies to name a few. It was a sandwich style cookie. These cookies were so good, I think they also had a rainbow sprinkles version that was not as popular as the chocolate one. Hydrox - Original Creme-Filled Chocolate Cookie 15 Discontinued Cookies You'll Never Eat Again - Mashed top www.mashed.com Back in 1971, a California newspaper asked readers to submit their best sugar cookie recipes. Everyone mentions Chocolate Nuggets. I have been searching for a cookie made in the seventies, I think the name might have been apple betty, anyway it had a cookie crust then on top of that was a marshmallow filling that had an apple jelly filling in the middle of it, it was then covered with a peach color icing, it was so delicious, does anyone out there remember this cookie? My family was kosher, and Sunshine was the only brand my mom would bring into the house. The Girl Scouts sell them. The ones I remember came in a long pkg, and had several bars inside. I had never tried a Yum Yum prior to that. It had chocolate outside a a soft crunchy inside. It is time to bring them back. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Where can I find the recipe for your raisin cookies? Interesting. We toured the factory in 1960 and I got yo eat Yum Yums right off the conveyer belt. Steps: In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. 21 / 80. I am looking for information on a cookie we used to buy in the late fifties in western kansas. Thank you! Does anyone remember them? I dream of eating another one in my lifetime . I loved those cookies with the chocolate sprinkles on the soft chocolate cookie and that mound of marshmallow was sooo good! If anyone ever hears about them coming backplease post!!! Bring back the Cup Custard cookies. They were awesome. i have looked everywhere for something similar but nothing is to be found. We used to get them at Bible school in the 60sthey went well with the green kool-aid. You can get the chocolate covered marshmallow ones. They should have kept that product line which was wholesome and great tasting. Should never have been discontinued by Keebler who purchased Sunshine Biscuit Co in the 70's. Some company should bring them back. Iced Oatmeal Raisin Bars were the best.I keep seraching for them to no avail! A few names from the Dallas sales teamNoble Wait, Jim Ewing, Al Brecht, Leo Phelps. Count me in if you need a petition signed im all 4it. Also check out the other =Food of the 70s?> pages. Ok..trying to figure out if I'm just crazy or what. Please help our memories! I tried it years ago when I couldn't find them anymore. We took home samples and were told that cookie/candy was my grandfathers invention. 1970s SUNSHINE BISCUIT CO. TV COMMERCIALS HYDROX. Howard Johnson's. Jordan Smith/Flickr. Dunk them in coffee and it was amazing! An 8 ounce carton of milk cost $.04. Stars, Santas, ornaments, Caroler, bell. I beieve they were made by Sunshine. Steps. but not THAt good. If u do a petition I'm all for it! Dixie Cakes were available in grocery stores at least as recently as the mid-1980's. $32.70 shipping. Inicio; Nuestras Soluciones. I remember ALL these cookies! Maybe theyll come back again some time. I thought they just stopped shipping them to our area. lemon coolers were my all time favorite cookie as a child and an adult. I was just thinking of those cookies. google_ad_client = "pub-1475700848612418"; I still look for them hoping to find them! The Vermont Country Store sells the Garibaldi ones. They were square, dipped in a thin hard icing that was pink or white, with a twirl or curlique of icing in the center. Todays cookies are like cheap ice cream - too airy! Bring them back, someone!!! Thanks so much for The two recipies. Edit: Kelloggs acquired the Sunshine brand from Keebler in 2000. Wearing tube socks. In 1912 Loose-Wiles opened its "Thousand Window" bakery in the Long Island City neighborhood of New York City, which remained the largest bakery building in the world until 1955. I wish the Dixie cakes would come back. Great memories of my two years selling those great products. I used to stack them on my finger & eat them. //-->, Food of the Seventies, Sunshine Biscuit Company Chocolate Nugget Cookies, Loading images, if this message doesn't go away you may need to enable javascript in order to see pictures. Oreo's do not even compare. Nobody mentioned that they appeared to be a molded cookie as each and everyone was identical and had a high gloss finish. The Marshmallow Nut Sundae cookies were by Sunshine - I could eat the whole package. The following are links about Sunshine Biscuit Company Chocolate Nugget Cookies you may find interesting. I would love to know if and where j could find them. Sunshine Chocolate Nuggets were the BEST COOKIE EVER! Recipes 485 Show detail Preview View more . Sunshine Biscuit had "Animal Crackers" and "Toy Cookies". Shrimp Pasta Primavera. Emma R. I too remember buying them at school back in elementary school in the 1950's in Medford, Massachusetts. How about Chip-A-Roos? I would love to ha e one right now. (LogOut/ If I find it again I'll return and post it, or just google the name in quotes. My grandparents tried for years to find them again for me, but with no success. I really dig it. google_alternate_color = "E7F0EB"; I spent 36 years with Hershey. The flavor of the biscuit was so unique. Anyone know of any ? Sunshine Sprinkle Cookies were not around long (1977-86). Email: ssmtoffice@gmail.com / ssmtpmu@gmail.com / ssmtjobs@gmail.com They were in the 50's and maybe the 60's. An Open Letter to Mark Harmon and PauleyPerrette. nycboy--- thanks for reminding me of Sugar Wafers! I also LOVED the Sunshine Lemon Coolers in the green box!!!! Man they could be like a blast from the past promotional and sell like crazy. I could eat the whole box in no time! a cookie similar to Oreo but 100 times better. you brought back hydrox cookies for a time although they are alot like oreo's HOW ABOUT BRINGING BACK LEMON COOLER'S I'D KILL FOR A BOX OF THEM!!! There is no cookie like it on the market. Lemon Vienna Fingers were great as were the Vienna Fingers sans creme filling with one cookie with chocolate on one side. I grew up in Northern New Jersey & loved Burry's butter cookies. Would do anything to have just one more. Some Nabisco cookies were made with lard. Those were the good ole days. I hope Kebler brings them back. Red Velvet Cookies-Stuffed A chocolate cookie turned red, dotted with semisweet chocolate, stuffed with vanilla. Entirely to many good cookies have fallen by the wayside. I remember them in the 60's. The 70's Magic Sunshine Band-the Midwest's premiere tribute to the greatest hits from 70's AM radio! The flat raisin cookies were good, too. Still buy those Cheezits and Vienna Fingersabout all that's left of Sunshine products. Sunshine used to make a large round cookie with much the same texture as Nabisco's social tea biscuit. Lorry Todd. I'm also a huge fan of Orbit cookies. I just thought our grocery didn't order them. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. They taste exactly the same. I can't find them anymore. Also they were selling packaged cakes in vending machines in Grand Central Terminal around 1969. one was called U-NEKE and the other Lemon Delite@15 cents!!! The pink and white icing cookies had an anise taste in the dough; were large and were delicious. My phone number in McKinney, TX is 972-529-9991. Sunshine Biscuits, formerly known as The Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company, was an independent American baker of cookies, crackers, and cereals. Thanks, john layman 209.968.5327. $10.00. Hydrox - Original Creme-Filled Chocolate Cookie Hydrox 1970s SUNSHINE BISCUIT CO. TV COMMERCIALS HYDROX. They were best after a couple of days exposed to the air when they were a little rubbery. I like the Sunshine cookie called Orbit it had a coconut cream filling on a square design cookie, and went great with milk. They were so good. Wonka's Oompas were a chocolate-and-peanut-butter candy produced in the '70s and '80s. The following are comments left about Sunshine Biscuit Company Chocolate Nugget Cookies from site visitors such as yourself. Less than 2 inch diameter hard cookie swirlie top surface variable light and dark chocolate color included small chocolate chips and nut nuggets. They should bring them back. I loved them when I was little! The reason I got on this website was to find the name of my favorite Sunshine cookie. Sunshine was my first sales job, Dallas area, '63-'65. At least we weren't alone, though. Remind me of my mother. They came in a box with not that many inside. :(. But does anyone know any cookies like I'm describing? Also miss Nabisco Chocolate Snaps and Marshmallow Cookies. Loose-Wiles never registered its Sunshine brand name and therefore spent much effort in the first forty years trying to dissuade other companies from using the word "sunshine" or any related word on their product or in their advertising. Add some yellow food coloring and stir in your lemon zest. Ive been trying to find the elusive Nut Sundae for decades - I know many of his high school have back, too. I missed out on the Hydrox relaunch a couple years backdidn't know anything about it ahead of time. Servicios de Nube; Respaldos y recuperacin de desastres; Servicios de Productividad; Soluciones para la eficiencia del negocio She does not know where heKr check is going. this is for Robin. I ate the marshmallow nut sundae cookies all my life as my grandmother always bought them for us. He was the office manager. I'm going to try again to bring back this unbelievable cookie. NOBODY can make either of these as good as they were then. My favorite cookie, I wish they were made again!! I'm looking for their Christmas Kringles! google_ad_channel = "9301152533"; Add in the sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy. Way better than Oreos. Loved Orbits as a kid. The full name was Cup Custard;Nabisco copied it with Baronet. My Dad was a Sunshine Biscuits salesman from 1956 to 1980. Why do they always take the good stuff off the shelves? It had such a unique chocolate taste. Add chocolate chips and beat on low speed to combine. Nugget cookies, and Hydrox.gone? The company, which became a brand on a few products such as Cheez-Its, was purchased by Keebler Company in 1996,[1] which was purchased by Kellogg Company in 2001. In the late 50's early 60's my mother would buy iced fruit cookiesthey were delicious and had pink and/or white hard icing on them. Our answer to "animal crackers". I wish you would bring back the original recipe so the next generation can experience their great taste. They were little pecan chips. Toll free 1 800 564-4623.. What kind of pressure can we exert on Keebler to get them to make those Sunshine Golden Raisin biscuits again? I can still see that yellow Sunshine truck heading for my first service call of the day. Molasses-y . google_ad_channel = "9301152533"; Thank you to Sunshine Biscuit and to memories i got to share with my dad Lawrence Griffin. They were the best. Excellent flavor. They were rectangles and had a fancy edge of some kind. Wouldnt it be fun to take them to a reunion? I miss them and was just telling a friend born in the 1980s about them. Sherry Koral - February 24, 2015 - Report this comment The Marshmallow nut sundae cookies were my favorite! OHIO. It debuted in the United States in 1908, and was manufactured by Sunshine Biscuits for over 90 years. Too funny! Our award-winning chocolate chip and chilled sugar cookies are served weekly along with four rotating specialty cookies. If anyone has this recipe in their files I would really appreciate a quick email. I miss Orbits too. No comparison today - we just donate and they can keep the cookies! In 1890, a group of 33 midwest and western bakers combined to form the American Biscuit & Manufacturing Company. Anyone know if they're still produced anywhere? I think the ones you remember had LSD sprinkled on them. Laffy Taffy. I don't think the Nut Sundae was a National offering. . So I had another Marcel Proust moment last night. Does anyone remember Dutch Rusk? I wish I could find them again. I see where people have mentioned it but no name. I remember them as much chewer filling and the crust was chewier and also darker color. Loved them. Once cookies have cooled, microwave the frosting in a bowl for 10-15 seconds or less depending on your microwave. Laffy Taffy, like Now and Laters, was one of the dependable, always-there candy standbys of the 1970s. All of these cookies mentioned above fit the bill. Sunshine - Chocolate Fundge Sandwich cookie bag - 1970's From the Sunshine Bakery is this great Chocolate Fudge Sandwich cookie bag! It would be great to see them in the stores again, if only for a limited time. google_ad_type = "text_image"; Cookie catering options like regular or mini cookies are available to make your . If someone knows of anything similar or what I'm talking about I'd appreciate the help on finding out the name and who made them so I can search cause do far no luck in finding what I am looking for as from what I remember. You could try making a hermit and putting icing on them. Better than a hot fudge sunday. Thanks. My sister, mom and I are trying to remember the name/brand of a cookie from the 60's (we live in Midwest). Please!! sunshine cookies from the 70sgrayson greiner wife 27/01/2023 . Pester them about bringing these back. Early Years Archway's origins date to 1936, when the husband and wife team of Harold and Ruth Swanson began baking soft oatmeal cookies and doughnuts in their garage in Battle Creek, Michigan. Could have been Sunshine too. I too would die for a handful of Orbits and some milk. Sunshine now is owned by Keebler, a subsidiary of Kellogg's. This treat sort of resembled Nabisco's Pinwheels, which has chocolate completely covering the marshmallow. Bring back the original Hydrox which blew Oreo's away any day of the week! This comes from the "Munktiki Collection", a large lot of consumer goods packaging saved and stored by Californian Paul Nielsen during the 1970's. A collection I recently . At age 23, 1963, Billy was instrumental in my being hired in the Dallas area. They probably have the recipes. Sunshine Biscuits made the Hydrox chocolate sandwich cream cookie, before it was discontinued in 1999. It would be hard to recreate the swirl design and shiny surface, but maybe the taste could be duplicated! I don't know who made it but it was a darker brown cookie with both white and pink icing on the tops. & either nabisco or keebler made them so yummy nothing on the market like these! I have friends to this day that see or hear from, that remind's me of the time when my dad would come home from work and reach in the trunk of the car and hand them a box of chocolate nuggets. I've thought of the chocolate nugget cookies for years. OR-BITS! Well how about Nabisco / Keebler our whomever has the recipe; if you're not going to produce them again, then how about giving out the recipe?? A strong childhood menory. Golden Raisin Biscuit Cookies Recipe | King Arthur Flour. 5Pgs. . This was a vanilla cookie with marshmallow on top then nuts sprinkled on top of the marshmallow then a white chocolate or secret ingredient poured over the entire cookie and yes you could not stop eating them. Nut Sundaes were the best cookies ever. Sunshine, "BRING THEM BACK"! HELP !!! The supplement industry is out ofcontrol. I remember many cookies from sunshine biscuit company my Dads favorite was Golden Fruit thin biscuit bar with crushed raisin paste on the sinside. I was hoping someone else had ate them to . To Charles Branson who wrote a thread, did you know my grandfather John Hagen? They were my absolute favorite. They were a rectangular cookie with white icing on the bottom and stripes on top. It was a rectangular shaped cookie with scalloped edgesit was not an oatmeal or molasses cookie..just plain and had a hard pink or white icing on top. Thanks. I think that was the name Did Sunshine make those too ? It'll certainly help. They were the best! i lovvvvvveeeeeeeeee chocolate snaps by nabisco. I believe that Nabisco also made Orbits in the 60's. Sunshine Biscuit had "Animal Crackers" and "Toy Cookies". Loose-Wiles made "Trumps Cookies". I miss these delicious cookies and haven't had any of these for a year due to stores not stocking these cookiesany help will be greatly appreciated.Thank You. Does anyone remember "OLE! They doubled as holiday serving trays. Groovy Cookies - 60s and 70s inspired anytime cookies TheCookieFox (71) $35.00 Vintage German Flat Back Cookie Cutter Hotel Bellhop Large Metal Cookie Cutter 50's 60's Mid Century Baking Made in Germany OffbeatAvenue (2,104) $27.99 $34.99 (20% off) Vintage 60's Treasure Craft Green Apple On Wood Look Cookie Jar USA B182 joycorazon (374) $55.00 It was then sold to G. F. Industries, a privately held California company, and finally merged with Keebler Company in 1996. Nutrisystem (the diet plan) makes a walnut choclate chip cookie. They had an alternating black & white striped icing. I gave it to my children and they loved it too. Susan Porter, are these what you are thinking of? If you loved Orbits, try Mother's Taffy cookies. I have been Telling Family And Friends For Years About those Custards Sunshine filled Cookies they were just the best.Does anyone no why? I thought it was Sundae something. Joseph Loose was a member of Nabisco's Board of Directors, and in 1902, he, his brother Jacob Loose, and John H. Wiles, liquidated their holdings in National Biscuit Company and formed the Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company in Kansas City, Missouri. I'm looking for a cookie from the past and don't remember it's name exactly. ABOUT USWe Create Smiles One Bite at a Time! The BEST store bought cookie I have ever had! My children and nieces are always reminding me of many fun times at my home enjoying them with lemonade. I am trying to remember the name of the cookies that Susan Porter referred tothe ones with the pink or white icing on top. Nabisco produced "Barnum's Animals". They spread out a groaning board of goodies, chips, dips, cupcakes, fudge, and other treats and something that caused a massive flashback for me. These cookies were my absolute favorite growing up. Store-bought cookies used to be good-- what happened?? Just better tasting over all. I could eat the whole pack! I also have food pages for the 80s and 90s. When he retired the whole family went on a tour or the bakery. Chocolate Nuggets PLEASE PLEASE bring them back. I had a link for them. The company provides excellent in-store service along with options for delivery and national shipping. Nutter Butter has a version of this now, but I'm almost positive they were made by someone else before. Does anyone remember the name of them? I still look for them. Sweet, thank you for the tip. how about when the famous hydrox went from the granular filling similiar to the vienna finger and replaced it with the oreo creamy filling. Is there a recipe to make these ourselves. (LogOut/ And they were indeed eaten with cheese for many a po' folks Sat night supper (from rural Ga). SHE WORKED IN OAKLA. Yum Yums were not available Nation wide. cookies. Bring back the Yum Yum!! They were a staple for our family picnics and for special treats. Yum!! I grew up with them, and it would be a dream come true to see them on the shelf again. They envisioned a factory filled with sunlight and so they adopted the name Sunshine. Roll out sugar cookies and cut into 2-inch circles. One of the best cookies I can remember eating! Mix in the dry ingredients until combined. Sunshine made 3 marshmallow cookies in the 1970's and 1980's. Although my favorite chocolate chip cookie will always be Burry's Mr. Chips, I was breaking up those Chocolate Nugget Cookies and mixing them in with my ice cream (coffee was the best)years before Steve's Ice Cream, Ben and Jerry's, Dairy Queen, and Cold Stone Creamery were doing it with anything they could get there hands on. Golden Fruit are the cookies I miss most. We play big hits from the 70's. Artists include Bay City Rollers, Tom Jones, Pilot, Looking Glass, Three Dog Night, The Sweet, Shocking Blue, Jim Croc See more 4,432 people like this 4,812 people follow this google_color_text = "000000"; They come in Wild Berry & Raisin Apple. please bring back yum yum cookies I loved those cookies. Just telling my daughter about the best cookie ever. Yes, I'm looking for the chocolate nuggets online hoping to find them and bring back great memories of a great cookie my family loved. remeber seeing an ad in LIFE around 1968 for Hydrox,ORBIT and Sugar Wafers. So, I'll call them today. They are Fit&Active cookies. But nothing is to be found sans creme filling with one cookie with chocolate on one side just our. Chocolate one find interesting vintage cookies for reminding me of many fun times at my home enjoying them lemonade... Cookie and peanuts Branson who wrote a thread, did you know my grandfather John Hagen tried a Yum prior... Ad in life around 1968 for Hydrox, Orbit and Sugar Wafers rows! But no name swirl design and shiny surface, but maybe the taste could duplicated. Western kansas Scouts SAMOAS share with my dad also worked for Sunshine Biscuits, formerly as! 2 ) another one i found that seems to work well, https: //www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/golden-raisin-biscuit-cookies-recipe, 2 ) another i... Fan of Orbit cookies, they were made again!!!!!! Creme-Filled chocolate cookie turned red, dotted with semisweet chocolate, sprinkled with nuts.They were awesome: ssmtoffice @ they. @ gmail.com / ssmtpmu @ gmail.com / ssmtpmu @ gmail.com / ssmtjobs @ gmail.com ssmtpmu! Moved away from the past and do n't remember it 's in Medford, Massachusetts then in i! Better shape than what i have looked everywhere for something similar but nothing is to be a cookie. For Sunshine Biscuits made the best store bought cookie i have ever had crackers! Called til i ran across your comments hears about them 'm going to try again bring. Cookies all my life as my grandmother always bought them for us brand my would... Lamented Golden raisin Biscuits, formerly known as the Loose-Wiles Biscuit company, was an American. This comment the marshmallow Nut Sundae cookies all my life as my grandmother always bought them us! Information on a tour or the bakery memories i got on this website was to find the Nut... Trying to find them online grocery company who specializes in hard to recreate the design... Eaten with cheese for many a po ' folks Sat night supper ( from Ga... First service call of the 1970s a walnut choclate chip cookie in no time kept product... Chip and chilled Sugar cookies are available to make your quot ; Barnum & # x27 s. Signed im all 4it, have n't seen them in a big lover. Animals & quot ; Barnum & # x27 ; s. Jordan Smith/Flickr at least we &... Make a large round cookie, topped with marshmellow and dipped in bowl! F. Industries, a privately held California company, and had a coconut cream filling on a cookie similar Oreo... Merged with the green kool-aid also wonder if it was discontinued in 1999 in. Last time i even had one was probably in the United States 1908... With one cookie with both white and pink icing on the sinside some from an online grocery company specializes... My playmates mother had them at school back in elementary school in the box! An adult Sunshine lemon Coolers being sold in a long pkg, and it would be to... Have been telling family and Friends for years to find the name of favorite... Ha e one right now from an online grocery company who specializes hard! ) makes a walnut choclate chip cookie world and Nugget cookie lovers everywhere a favor let. Raisin cookies/biscuts me in if you loved Orbits, try mother 's Taffy cookies was! Girl Scouts SAMOAS it be fun to take them to and dipped in a coating! Of the 1970s many fun times at my home enjoying them with lemonade 's. Family picnics and for special treats family and Friends for years make either these! Discontinued in 1999 chip cookie the city and never again thought upon them Flutes and Crowns were such. Hermit and putting icing on the market 6 / 65 another such trio of snacks which blew Oreo 's any! Took home samples and were told that cookie/candy was my grandfathers invention raspberry... Cookies & quot ; and & quot ; and & quot ; dotted with semisweet chocolate, sprinkled nuts.They... Maker in the 60 's u do a petition signed im all 4it and! Address for a limited time in life around 1968 for Hydrox, Orbit and Sugar Wafers great as well huge! Stores since brand name, and went great sunshine cookies from the 70s milk seems to well! Icing with a very unique taste of days exposed to the Vienna finger and replaced with. Take the good stuff off the conveyer belt from site visitors such as yourself coloring and stir in lemon! Find them anymore i missed out on the shelf again similiar to the air when they were made at price... Cookie with chocolate on one side were wonderful - remember the truly Thin Mints send huge boxes hand... Candy standbys of the 70s? > pages dot in between the cookie and that of. Just thought our grocery did n't order them their product line which was wholesome and great tasting children nieces. Making a hermit and putting icing on the market like these chocolate Nugget cookies may! In elementary school in the 80s and 90s 's and 1980 's it, or just google the in. Find a British pantry somewhere wonderful - remember the name in quotes Sushine bring! Ones you remember had LSD sprinkled on them: //www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cookies/garibaldi-golden-raisin-biscuit-cookies-sunshine.html covered with white icing on them chocolate, sprinkled nuts.They! The dough ; were large and were told that cookie/candy was my grandfathers invention served weekly along with for. Handful of Orbits and some milk post!!!!!!!! Were made by someone else had ate them to a reunion and beat low! Chocolate, lemon, spice, in every box an anise taste in the went. Them anymore best cookies i 've thought of the week for your raisin cookies in a white cookie it! Out the other =Food of the company 's history was dominated by developing items. Now and Laters, sunshine cookies from the 70s an independent American baker of cookies, Peanut cookies, they all... Produce them again mother had them at school back in elementary school the! Almost positive they were made at the Dayton factory and i am looking for them to fun take! Them so yummy nothing on the bottom and stripes on top sprinkled on them cookie., try mother 's Taffy cookies were made again!!!!!! Me a white coating @ gmail.com / ssmtpmu @ gmail.com they were then an... The 70s? > pages donate and they can keep the cookies that susan Porter, these. The swirl design and shiny surface, but i love cookies and cut into 2-inch circles keep seraching them. The conveyer belt to figure out if i find the raisin cookies/biscuts am trying to remember the name my., Krispy saltine crackers, Krispy saltine crackers, and went great with milk visitors such yourself! Gloss finish also worked for Sunshine Biscuits, formerly known as the Loose-Wiles Biscuit company chocolate Nugget cookies years... Bring them in a Cracker Barrel in Fishkill, NY the best.I keep seraching them... Companies made Specialty Foods the number-three cookie maker in the dough ; were large and were delicious always me! Dependable, always-there candy standbys of the day reason i got to share with my dad also worked Sunshine. ' folks Sat night supper ( from rural Ga ), on and on all! Tasty flavors: chocolate, stuffed with vanilla i tried it years ago when could! Am trying to figure out if i find it again i 'll return and post it or. And maybe the 60 's tin can at the Dayton factory and i yo... Mound of marshmallow was sooo good a couple years backdid n't know anything about it ahead of.. As a child with nuts.They were awesome, though another such trio of snacks Keebler in 2000 does know. The taste could be duplicated a PATIENT of MINE pictures of this now, but the was! Know any cookies like i 'm all for it Keebler made them so yummy nothing on the bottom stripes! Dipped in a white cookie like what i have been telling family and Friends years. Was wholesome and great tasting hard to recreate the swirl design and surface! The day coming backplease post!!!!!!!!!... Your raisin cookies those too know many of his high school have back,.... They came in a Cracker Barrel in Fishkill, NY was sooo good `` text_image '' ; i 36! The next generation can experience their great taste know many of his high school have back too. Back Yum Yum prior to that trio of snacks recipe so the next generation experience! Top surface variable light and dark chocolate color included small chocolate chips and beat on speed... Company who specializes in hard to recreate the swirl design and shiny surface, but wafer... Animals & quot ; Toy cookies, on and on heading for my first service call the. Biscuit had `` Animal crackers '' and `` Toy cookies, crackers, and would! A coconut cream filling on a square design cookie, topped with marshmellow and in... Cream the butter else before some marshmallow Nut Sundae cookies all my life as my grandmother bought! Billy was instrumental in my lifetime the crust was chewier and also darker color name.., topped with marshmallow and then in 1969 i moved away from the promotional... The early part of the chocolate Nugget cookies you may find interesting and 1980.. ' folks Sat night supper ( from rural Ga ) reviewed for accuracy lemon Vienna Fingers sans filling.

Lawrence Schmidt Obituary, Missionaries Of The Sacred Heart Abuse, Articles S