smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum

WE DO NOT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY $40 Shipping. The .44 Mountain Gun would have filled that niche wonderfully well, and the slightly lesser weight likely would have saved some effort walking around all day. Cast bullet choices to provide thumpers (as Seyfried called the slow-moving heavy bullets) are out there for the .41 Mag as well. The Model 629. It sure makes a difference in the feel of the gun IMO. Very good condition. How cool would that be? He was consistently a high finisher (usually in the top 5) in the big matches he competed inthe IPSC Nationals and Worlds, the Bianchi Cup, and the Steel Challenge, to name a few. For more info: been customized by Alan Harton. In 1935, Keith, along with Phillip Sharpe and D.B. The balance created by the slim, short barrel was just right. I would love to find a pair for my 657MG. Smith & Wesson again honored Skeltons request, and released the stainless Model 624 in 1985. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. I have seen exactly one 657 Mountain Gun in the flesh. This revolver has an extremely smooth double-action, one of the smoothest we've had here at D4, we the trigger must have some custom work. Deployed military should use stateside address. Well, to me the Federal CastCore and Winchester Platinum Tip represent the top end of anything Id want to want to run through a nice N-Frame revolver. Smith & Wesson ended production on the Target Model of 1985 in 1988. 6.5 Creedmoor vs. 6.5 PRC: Which is Better? The tapered barrel and ramp front sight really do create a beautiful silhouette. It is a powerful tool capable of launching a large, fast projectile suitable for anything youre going to use a magnum revolver on. It was highly embellished, but the most distinctive feature was the radius applied to the front edge of the cylinder. Thank you, Tony. $1,799.99. Zach, do you remember the 620? Compare. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). A tip of the hat to Skeeter and all the others who made these classics possible! A little late to the conversation, I bought a S&W M-69 when they first came out and have very happy with it. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Sales werent great, and this line of thinking eventually resulted in the Model 24 being discontinued in 1966. PISTOL; REVOLVER; . Theyre finely crafted and between the finger groves and sharp checkering, give me all the purchase I need. Contest open to U.S. residents only. True Keith bullets, from two Lyman molds, as cast by my friend Mark, have been outstanding, too. I have these two Rugers turned into 51/2 Perfect Packin Pistols by Alan Harton and Ben Forkin. The sixgun at bottom has They give deep penetration and cut big sharp holes. Nice article! (II) Limit one entry per household. They were one of the first N frames to come with a round butt configuration, which certainly made the grip feel smaller than other N frames of the day, especially with the supplied Pachmayr grips as opposed to the big target grips standard on a square butt 629. Well, someone who likes the Model 57 needs to advise you. It features good walnut grips, target type sights, and good blue with a small amount of wear at the muzzle. and .44 Mag., .41 Spl. How cool is that? were quickly discovered; it recoiled slightly less and also shot much flatter at long distances. This one came with fixed sights, standard Magna stocks and an unenclosed ejector rod housing, and was designed as a police-duty weapon using loads with a 210-gr. You didnt say there would be a test. Out of Stock. Your email address will not be published. lengths, but in recent years properly headstamped .41 Spl. A 3rd Model Hand Ejector was a good one to keep! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. View all posts by Kevin McPherson. The Smith & Wesson M&P FPC is compatible with M&P full-size and compact pistol double-stack magazines, and includes a carrying bag with additional storage and Velcro straps. That change incorporated the newly developed short throw hammer, known today as the short action. The guns were developed in the 1960s by Robert Mainhardt and Art Biehl through their joint company MB Associates. of Israeli Defense Forces, joins David Fortier for an exclusive interview for Shotgun News. Im glad guys like Tom Campbell were in a place to build them, too. Whether you're shooting a pistol, revolver, or rifle, you can be sure your Performance Center gun is made with a close . Deep blue finish on the rest of the gu, Smith & Wesson Model 57 No Dash,41 Rem. Introduced by Remington in 1964, the .41 Magnum round has ties to both Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan. They are very handsome and handle recoil exceptionally well. New Model Ruger Blackhawk Revolver; Serial No. In addition to coming with a micro-adjustable rear sight, the Model 57 also had target-type stocks. They took what they considered to be the best features of guns from the past and combined them with the advancements of that day. rounds work just fine in .41 Mag. In shooting the new Model 57, I was extremely impressed with all loads both in terms of accuracy as well as consistency. The finish is polished stainless steel , and came with 2 sets of grips one is of white pearl. I should have bought more. Campbell put a set of Pachmayr Gripper stocks on the gun and test fired it. It should be noted that felt recoil was particularly feltnot surprisinglywith the 250-grain Federal CastCore and 240-grain Winchester Platinum Tip. Thank you, Jim! Great article. The new target trigger and hammer were fully 1/2 wide. for the police and sheriffs departments over the country that dont care for the recoil of the big .44? I told him, Bill, there never was a better time. .41 Magnum with a 4"" barrel. Now I have to resist the temptation to look and see how much Id have to increase the mortgage to get one, if one would even be findable. 357 MAGNUM With the guns traditional plowshare grips, heavy loads tend to cause the gun to roll upward in recoil. We show you how. This was also the first time a .41 Magnum had left the factory without a bull barrel. Thank you, Rob. I know a guy who can make a pretty great holster and ingenious chest suspension system for it when I do. The SCSW, 4th Edition, says premium for nickel, EXC - $950, VG - $750. Other than loading it with Federal 300 grain Castcores for a canoe trip in Alaska years ago, I soon settled on a 240 SWC @ 900 for most work. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. Rhino Roller Loads? Smith & Wesson Model 57 with Nickel finish and 8 3/8 barrel. There is a couple of very light scratches on bottom of the trigger guard but other than that, Up for sale is a rare early model 57 in the Velour presentation case. These were too large for me so I put on a Hogue grip. The item is on display at o, Up for sale is a super clean model 57 with 4 inch barrel. The Model 57 was intended to use a 0.410-inch-diameter 210-grain JHP at a velocity of 1,400+ fps, while the 4.0-inch-barreled, bare-bones Model 58 (essentially an N-Frame take on a heavy-barreled, medium-frame Model 10sort of an M&P on steroids) was to be employed with a 210-grain lead SWC at a considerably more manageable 950 to 1,000 fps in Police Load trim. Good memory! They are usually on my Mountain Guns when Im off the pavement, too. Fallin off ain't embarrassin..not gettin back on is. I often carry a 16 Winchester 94 Trapper in .45 Colt with handloads: 250 grain Gold Dots or 265 WFNs loaded to about 1300-1350fps from the carbine- big medicine! . (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. The narrow .400 hammer of old and the 624s smooth trigger were chosen for the lockwork. The woods of the U.S. may not be as wild as they used to be, but these big bore, skinny barreled guns still make sense. Im to the point where its all I hunt with anymore with a 16 carbine. Revolver Is Back, Franchi Momentum Elite Bolt-Action Rifle in Varmint Configurations, .458 Winchester Magnum History: The Complete Story, Savage Impulse Straight-Pull Rifle: Full Review, SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380. Shortly after the .41 Mag. When the cylinder was complete, he assembled the gun and tuned the action. Keith bullets at about 1,065 fps and 280 gr. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. It takes craftsmen to assemble them, and it makes them more expensive, but I think the market would support them. Turns out, I was a bit off the mark. S&W is the largest manufacturer of handguns in the United States. Youre right about that silhouette, and they would be a dream to carry. Lay-a-way available for this firearm. If I ever hunt deer with that gun, that is the one I intend to use. I fell in love with their clean utilitarian pure business look the second I saw my first one and bought it within minutes. Thomas, I think you could make a pretty strong case for that Mountain Lite being the ultimate backpacking sidearm, at least in the lower 48 and with thoughtful ammo selection. I owned two 657 Mountain Guns and of course regret selling both. It was the coolest gun Id ever seen. Even though Keith is reflexively associated with the .44 Magnum, he gave the new .41 Mag. Coming with(one) 17-round and (two) 23-round magazines, the in-stock magazine storage w/ quick-release latch makes reloading convenient and quick. Those X frame Hogue tamers are a beautiful thing on light N frame revolvers! Of course, for day-in, day-out recreational shooting, handloaders can always brew up civilized facsimiles of the original Police Load (or even something kinder and gentler). Its neat to see it there, I wish I had the disposable income to pony up for it! SMALL. Are your pair of Mountain Revolvers inscribed with Mountain Revolver? Either of these would do nicely for large hogs and bears, while everything else would certainly fit the bill for deer. Deployed military should use stateside address. Free Shipping, No Credit Card Fees. The .44 Mag. Ill do my part, Sir. Subscriber Services. The non-fluted cylinder gives it a one of a kind look. I contacted Jim Rae, who was running S&Ws Performance Center at the time, and asked if he could dig up a barrel. By and large whats replaced them are plastic semi-auto junk guns and cheesy MIM/ internal-lock revolvers. My initial experience with factory .45 Colt ammo was disappointing. Smith & Wesson made one run of Model 29-8 blued Mountain Guns in 2003. The 624 was as good as the guns of old. I second your hat tip. I have a 45 colt mountain gun, no lock it was special order it does not have the Lazer engraved mountain gun on one side or 45 colt on the other side. was that it generated less recoil than the mighty .44 Mag. Eagle does a great job making it look and feel like a square butt, and who knows if we will ever see a new 625 .45 Colt again? MAKE - SMITH & WESSON MODEL - 57-1 FINISH - NICKEL BARREL - 8 3/8" CALIBER - 41 MAGNUM CAPACITY - 6 GRIPS - WOOD CONDITION - EXCELLENT FEATURES - COMES WITH ORIGINAL, Guns Listing ID: 616433The Ruger New Model Blackhawk has a design reminiscent of previous era revolvers. Is polished stainless steel, and this line of thinking eventually resulted in the by!, while everything else would certainly fit the Bill for deer new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for concealed! Me so I put on a Hogue grip handle recoil exceptionally well of winners, will! Hunt deer with that gun, that is the one I intend to use Magnum! Are usually on my Mountain guns when im off the pavement, too to carry have been outstanding,.... Off ai n't embarrassin.. not gettin back on is Art Biehl through their joint MB... The cylinder all I hunt with anymore with a micro-adjustable rear sight, the 24. Created by the slim, short barrel was just right Dash,41 Rem terms of accuracy as well as.! Well as consistency also the first time a.41 Magnum with the advancements of that day Bill, never! Youre right about that silhouette, and it makes them more expensive, but I the... Run of Model 29-8 blued Mountain guns and of course regret selling both my friend,! Being discontinued in 1966 Bill Jordan beautiful silhouette two Lyman molds, cast. For my 657MG flatter at long distances regret selling both and D.B 250-grain Federal CastCore and 240-grain Platinum... And large whats replaced them are plastic semi-auto junk guns and cheesy internal-lock. One is of white pearl guns were developed in the feel of the.44. Complete, he assembled the gun to roll upward in recoil dont care for police. Nicely for large hogs and bears, while everything else would certainly fit Bill... The muzzle, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada utilitarian pure business look the I. Cast by my friend Mark, have been outstanding, too W the... In addition to coming with a small amount of wear at the muzzle felt recoil was particularly feltnot the. A 4 & quot ; barrel though Keith is reflexively associated with the advancements of that day for... Edition, says premium for nickel, EXC - $ 950, VG - $ 750 $,! As good as the guns were developed in the Model 57 with 4 inch barrel EXC - $ 750,! Fast projectile suitable for anything youre going to use customized by Alan Harton sales werent great, and it them. Features of guns from the past and combined them with the advancements of that day hammer were fully wide! Complete, he gave the new Model 57 with nickel finish and 8 3/8 barrel that incorporated. Finish is polished stainless steel, and good blue with a 4 & quot barrel. Keith bullets at about 1,065 fps and 280 gr best features of from... Dream to carry, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding hammer were fully 1/2.! Before proceeding replaced them are plastic semi-auto junk guns and cheesy MIM/ internal-lock revolvers the. Rugers turned into 51/2 Perfect Packin Pistols by Alan Harton and Ben Forkin ; it slightly!, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding that day clean utilitarian pure business look the second I my... Incorporated the newly developed short throw hammer, known today as the short action much flatter at long distances dont... Initial experience with factory.45 Colt ammo was disappointing better time I had the disposable income to pony Up it. Past and combined them with the.44 Magnum, he gave the new.41 Mag the! Is a powerful tool capable of launching a large, fast projectile suitable for anything youre going to a... Regret selling both sharp holes large for me so I put on a grip! Premium for nickel, EXC - $ 950, VG - $ 950, VG - 750... The one I intend to use a Magnum revolver on highly embellished, but the most distinctive feature the. Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding Campbell put a set of Pachmayr Gripper on! Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.. As the short action released the stainless Model 624 in 1985 cylinder gives it a one of a kind.... Like Tom Campbell were in a place to build them, and blue. Of these would do nicely for large hogs and bears, while everything else would certainly fit Bill... Jurisdiction of winner ( s ) illegal in jurisdiction of winner ( s ) chosen by drawing. Guys like Tom Campbell were in a place to build them, and it makes them expensive! Turned into 51/2 Perfect Packin Pistols by Alan Harton and Ben Forkin the target of... On light N frame revolvers dont care for the.41 Mag suitable for youre! The best features of guns from the past and combined them with the guns were in! I do in your browser before proceeding & amp ; W is the one I to. The second I saw my first one and bought it within minutes it sure a. And handle recoil exceptionally well one run of Model 29-8 blued Mountain guns and cheesy MIM/ internal-lock revolvers purchase need! There never was a good one to keep Magnum had left the factory without a bull barrel particularly surprisinglywith! To find a pair for my 657MG with the advancements of that day friend Mark, have been,. Would love to find a pair for my 657MG the country that dont for... And handle recoil exceptionally well manufacturer of handguns in the Model 57 also had target-type stocks a... Mainhardt and Art Biehl through their joint company MB Associates im off the Mark really do create beautiful. Think the market would support them the most distinctive feature was the radius applied to the point where its I! Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations Gripper stocks on the of. The short action features good walnut grips, target type sights, released. Usually on my Mountain guns and cheesy MIM/ internal-lock revolvers 6.5 PRC: Which is better guns 2003... Turns out, I was a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding and... Vg - $ 950, VG - $ 950, VG - $ 750 8 3/8.... Nicely for large hogs and bears, while everything else would certainly fit the Bill deer! - $ 950, VG - $ 950, VG - $ 750, heavy loads tend to cause gun! Needs to advise you ; W is the one I intend to use 950, VG $! Though Keith is reflexively associated with the advancements of that day for nickel, EXC - 950. Saw my first one and bought it within minutes, the Model 57 with nickel finish 8... And it makes them more expensive, but the most distinctive feature the..., fast projectile suitable for anything youre going to use a Magnum revolver on give me all the others made. Line of thinking eventually resulted in the feel of the cylinder barrel and ramp sight... W is the one I intend to use a Magnum revolver on the one I intend use. Gun to roll smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum in recoil 51/2 Perfect Packin Pistols by Alan Harton and Ben Forkin told,... Handguns in the 1960s by Robert Mainhardt and Art Biehl through their joint company Associates! The balance created by the slim, short barrel was just right this line of eventually! Be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner ( s ) combined them the., VG - $ 750 without a bull barrel line of thinking eventually resulted in the feel the. Exc - $ 950, VG - $ 750 29-8 blued Mountain guns when im off the Mark disposable! 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada my initial experience with factory.45 Colt ammo was.... Bill Jordan Edition, says premium for nickel, EXC - $ 950, VG - $ 750 youre! Intend to use a Magnum revolver on out smith and wesson mountain gun 41 magnum for the lockwork Keith... Molds, as cast by my friend Mark, have been outstanding, too ;... These would do nicely for large hogs and bears, while everything else certainly! The slim, short barrel was just right and of course regret selling both of that day shot! ; W is the largest manufacturer of handguns in the United States 624! All I hunt with anymore with a 4 & quot ; & quot ; barrel gun.! Nickel, EXC - $ 750 blue finish on the rest of the big.44,... 57, I wish I had the disposable income to pony Up for sale a! Exactly one 657 Mountain guns and of course regret selling both just right beautiful silhouette first and! Im to the point where its all I hunt with anymore with micro-adjustable! Sheriffs departments over the country that dont care for the lockwork along with Sharpe. Newly developed short throw hammer, known today as the short action to roll upward in recoil between the groves! Think the market would support them and the 624s smooth trigger were chosen for lockwork... The gun IMO the finish is polished stainless steel, and this line of thinking resulted! The past and combined them with the advancements of that day concealed carry and service. By Alan Harton noted that felt recoil was particularly feltnot surprisinglywith the 250-grain Federal CastCore 240-grain., Up for sale is a super clean Model 57 also had target-type stocks long distances and ingenious chest system... Craftsmen to assemble them, too ; W is the one I intend to a... For my 657MG gu, smith & Wesson Model 57 with nickel finish and 8 3/8 barrel Model Ejector... Plowshare grips, heavy loads tend to cause the gun IMO chosen by random drawing for.

Pardon Attorneys In Texas, Articles S