ohio university haunted dorm

At the time, Pennsylvania State, Ohio University, Boston University and Saint Mary-Of-The-Woods made up the top four. There were so many times I felt a presence in my room. Cal Poly State University - San Luis Obispo, California State University - Los Angeles, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, California State University, Channel Islands, Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta, University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign, Interamerican University of Puerto Rico San German campus, Keiser University - Latin American Campus, London School of Economics and Political Science, California State University of Sacramento, Savannah College of Art and Design Atlanta, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, The University of Texas of the Permian Basin, University of North Carolina - Wilmington, University of South Florida - St. Petersburg, William Paterson University of New Jersey, I Cant Stop Laughing At These Borg Names, Add These Books About Black Joy To Your TBR ASAP. The hall rotated between a men's and women's dorm for most of its existence. West Green has been rumored to be built on top of a Native American burial ground, where students have reported hearing the sounds of a river that once ran through the property and the chanting of Native Americans. Most of the Wilson Hall hauntings seem to be centered on the fourth floor. I had other experiences throughout my 4 years in Athens, most of which occurred in off-campus housing (most student rentals in Athens are in very old, somewhat rundown houses that have been around since the whole area was nothing but mining towns.) she said she felt unwanted. The center is extremely important and its no wonder that Wilson Hall resides in the middle of this cemetery pentagram. I lived on the 3rd floor of wilson 87-88 and we would hear noises coming from above us. Was your mom a student at Ohio University? Ohio University gets more ghost stories than any other university in the country. Residents have reported hearing basketballs being dribbled, laughing, and talking in the hallways, especially in the arch that connects Washington and Read Hall. When she's not writing, she loves to paint, hammock with friends and take care of her plants. Experts say that any five points can be united on a map in the form of a pentagram. There are many rumors surrounding Wilson Hall and the paranormal activity going on here, so The . Sitting in the center, the Wilson Hall therefore becomes the most haunted place on the campus. We would turn off our own clocks which were blaring the only radio station in town (terrible station, by the way) only to hear the same music coming from behind closed doors up and down the hall. Looking into the room, they noticed a woman, dressed rather conservatively, sitting at an old desk in a dark corner of the room. In the 1970s a female student in room 428 in Wilson Hall began acting weird and speaking tongues. Only this time, my closet door was open because I was hanging stuff up after doing laundry. Some of the detials you explain dont quite match my current closet door, but it could also be because you had this door 31 years ago and time may have messed up the drawings on the wood grain. Another legend tells that Wilson Hall was built on the grounds of an Indian cemetery and the spirits are of this origin. http://www.geocities.com/athens/acropolis/9241/haunted.html, http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/9241/hauntou.html. By the time a student graduates, its almost certain that they will have had a paranormal experience or two while living on campus. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. He died in room 428 and years after that students residing in that room have said to hear strange sounds and hear footsteps as well as witnessing several objects moving by themselves on their own. Universities With Haunted Dorms. Stories vary on what exactly happened, with some saying that she performed arcane rituals in the room or spoke to the dead or even the Devil there, while others say that she could do astral projection or had actually managed to conjure up demonic forces there, with some versions of the tale saying that she was actually once fully possessed by these malevolent forces, speaking in tongues and writhing about. I was wondering if you still live in Wilson, and if its possible to get an interview with you? The place was established in 1804, a year after the statehood. Toward the end of the quarter, I was sitting at my desk talking on the phone to a friend. In the early 1980s, research was done on the property. Your email address will not be published. Stefano Pollio/Unsplash . To: obiwan@ghosts.org' The entire image was slightly darker wood than the rest of the door, so more of a shadow. I thought it odd that I had not noticed it before then. So I saw the inside first. Many past and current students enjoy sharing their own personal paranormal encounters at OU. Experts say that any five points can be united on a map in the form of a pentagram. Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:14:18 -0400. My roommate and I are moving into Wilson 327 this fall Great, Im living in Wilson 440 starting in the fall. It is also where the haunted dorm Wilson Hall is, which was explored on the show Scariest Places on Earth in an episode titled Satans Dormitory.. We all thought it was pretty funny and would try to scare eachother by putting in a Marley CD after telling the story to a visitor, then having someone sneak over and unplug the stereo right after it began to play. The door to the room was sealed after students reported of ghost sightings at that place . and a number of stories of the surrounding areas. Any individual who encounters a barrier in accessing this application may contact Undergraduate Admissions for assistance at admissions@ohio.edu or 740.593.4100. There. A resident in Shively Hall in the 70s was drawn to specific parts of rooms and the building itself by a force that pulled her where it wanted. Today, this complex, called the Ridges, is part of Ohio University, but these historic buildings once housed the Athens Lunatic Asylum. Katie Trott is a junior studying creative writing at Ohio University. Upon checking, the cord was unplugged from the wall. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please send all questions and comments to obiwan@ghosts.org. Pentagrams, according to the pagan traditions, create safe zones that are free from paranormal activity, especially so in the center of this pentagram which is exactly to spot where Wilson Hall was built and stands today. Well, that's our final Ohio college ghost story for this year. Never once saw or heard anything "paranormal." I live less than a mile from OU campus, and there's definitely a LOT of weird/paranormal shit in the entire county, not just on campus. the room you are talking about where the girl died is bolted shut. Voigt Hall was built in 1954 and named after Irma Voigt, Dean of Women at Ohio University from 1913 to 1949. I lived on the 4th floor of Wilson Hall In the early 80s so it was just a few years after the girl committed suicide in room 428. We have a park that has some hauntings too. Located in the middle of a Pentagram of cemeteries: check. My door was hinged on the right hand side. Reid Hall (1948-2006) was a dormitory at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio that housed about 140 students. About the Author: After touring 60 of the best colleges in Ohio, Dr. Jay, a prior faculty member and dean, founded College Bound Advantage (CBA) - a Columbus, Ohio college consulting firm. On top of The Ridges, Ohio University's Wilson Hall dormitory is supposedly haunted. Tucked in Ohio University's West Green, the red brick building is supported by tall, aging white columns and sits atop an elongated bed of green grass, with shrubs popping out systematically. Wilson Hall itself, named in . It was a wild time and nothing was off limits. she said weeks later she had some horrible experiences. by Jasmine Vaughn-Hall. Sep. 11, 2017. . Built on top of a Native American burial ground: check. Ohio University was one of the places presented in a FOX episode of the series Scariest Places on Earth. Since these occurences the room has been closed off and was not given to any new students again. When I was a student there I heard that the girl who died in room 428 had touched the white mark of the woman who died up at the Mental Hospital. http://www.athenslegends.org the government took me away until I was 5 1/2 years old. Could Kohler Hall be haunted by the spirits of former . I live in Delaware Ohio and we have Ohio Weslyan University and there is supposed to be some hauntings in Styvertsan Hall and i think some other spot around the campus. **Please note that much of the information/wording on this page came from Jim Michnowicz Haunted Athens Page athttp://www.geocities.com/athens/acropolis/9241/haunted.html. Off to the side was another devils face. Another resident offered to switch doors with me and we did so. Although I lived down the hall from that particular room I was good friends with the two girls that lived in that room. its only accessible from outside of the building. Students who received this room after her death reported severe paranormal activity, which resulted in the permanent closure of the room. Don't be scared of our haunted past, embrace it. Students saw objects flying in the room and smashing against the walls. I remember hearing the stories about the pentagram and the astral projection. Spiritualist experts claim that the geography of the area, with the layout of peaks, mountains and valleys makes the spot very conductive to psychic energy. Spiritualist experts claim that the geography of the area, with the layout of peaks, mountains and valleys makes the spot very conductive to psychic energy. I lived in Wilson Hall for two years in the late 70s. Athens is a small town located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. This is hilarious. The graveyards are scattered around the area and, when looked at on a map, they form a pentagram. If you want any information, let me know, and Ill see if theyre interested. The haunted Ohio ghost town of Athens is one of the most popular places in all of the state when it comes to paranormal activity. I live very close to there. Nothing paranormal happened the entire year we lived there, only some really good partys. Like I said, it was taken by someone on the 3rd or 4th floor of Hoover. While its used as a museum andspace for art students now, students are convinced the building is cursed. The building is apparently located in the middle of an immense pentagram consisting of five cemeteries situated in the region. I lived in a single room in Wilson Hall on the same end of the hallway as 428 in 1984. This technique is known as astral projection. It is the building that most people point to when speaking abouthaunted Athens, Ohio. It was not distorted and all features were in scale with each other. Sources Thanks for sharing! Thinking it weird rather than scary, I showed it to my friend and other residents. I am doing a project on Wilson Hall Ohio room 428. I was quite happy to have it out of my room. I must say, I am a bit skeptical when it comes to the paranormal, so I wasnt really looking for anything. Wilson Hall, which has been considered the most famous haunting at Ohio University . The school officials have proclaimed the room uninhabitable. Required fields are marked *. my mom was once a student at OU. http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/9241/hauntou.html During her time there, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for Her Campus. More sinister reports are that demonic faces would appear in reflective surfaces or even within the woodwork only to vanish again, or that blood will sometimes drip from the ceiling or walls. It was REAL then. After the death, it seems as if practically everyone who lived in the room or even stepped foot there experienced something out of the ordinary, and the list of supposed paranormal phenomena tied to Room 428 is long. Jorge Recio Martin/Shutterstock. We were told we had a ghost on the first floor where I lived that hated any music by Bob Marley, who just happened to be one of my favorites at the time. I have no explanation for this the only way I could lock myself out is to slide my keys under the door and I wouldnt, even in a half sleep, do that on purpose. According to the legend in the 1970s, a young man died mysteriously in room 428. To get to the room, you would get off the elevator, turn left, go into the mod and go straight ahead. Overcrowding, inhumane practices and patient deaths eventually shut the center down. However, there is a more sinister secret to OUs campus. That is a lot of haunted places for one campus, earning it an appearance on the TV show Scariest Places on Earth, but standing high amongst them all is the dormitory called Wilson Hall, in particular one of its rooms. The center is extremely important and its no wonder that Wilson Hall resides in the middle of thiscemetery pentagram. Although different dorms serve as the setting, the stories reported are sometimes the same, although there are always exceptions. the door you are describing is right next to the door for the room that i lived in for two school years. After getting an RA to unlock my door I grabbed my keys and tried locking it from the inside and stepping out but closing the door automatically unlocks it. I think you have a different door, though. . Learn how your comment data is processed. Customer #1: "It's a bowl, and it's this big." *Gestures a tiny amount*. The Mysterious Men in Black and Their Equally Weird Cars, Man Claims Bigfoot Proves Humans Were Created From Ancient Alien Slave DNA, Some of the Strangest Cases of Hauntings: From Loch Ness to Ancient Warriors, Ghost Photos and Encounters from England's Haunted Wellington Pier, A Creepy Cemetery, a Vampire, and the Bizarre Feud Between Two Wizard Vampire Hunters. Wilson Hall is the most famous haunted place on the campus. NASA's Photos From Mars: Don't Tell Me the Red Planet Wasn't Once a Thriving World! Does the school offer tours or public investigations? This supposedly haunted hall is incredibly similar to James Hall. According to Ohio State University staff and students there is something that stalks the corridors of Oxley Hall at Christmas time and, to quote Shirley Jackson, "what ever walks there, walks alone." Actually, what ever walks there probably walks alongside Department of International Affairs faculty, students, staff and a handful of TAs, but given the current state of the world who could . Im almost positive now reading this thread that I too was in Wilson Hall and we were staying on the 3rd floor (unsure what room) I had ventured down the hall one night for vending machines I believe, and somehow I got turned around and ending up walking into a room that I thought was the hallway landing, as door was propped open and I heard sounds coming from that way. Room 428 at Wilson Hall is permanently closed. If you would like to correspond about the matter please contact me at zsam899@gmail.com. A week later, she laid a math book flat on her dresser, and it flew at her and landed at her feet. the story we were told was the one girl killed herself but the next quarter another girl in the same room also killed herself. 7. After that, whoever occupied the room, experienced paranormal activities. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Established in 1804 and first opened to students in 1809, it has a long history, being the oldest university in Ohio and the 8th oldest in the country. In the 1970s, a male student allegedly died under mysterious circumstances in the room. 3 Kenyon College. Each of them shattered.. Coming into my first year at Ohio University, I knew that we were not only knownfor our parties and Halloweekend, but also for being one of the most haunted campuses in America. I need to get some people to help me get into some of these buildings. Mailing Address: [Student Name] 34 University Terrace, Room # Athens, OH 45701-2913. Its sinister history, notorious buildings, location and countless sightings makes OU the most haunted campus in America. (Sorry, but I dont remember the room number!). but while i was at the ridges i am fairly certain i felt something touch me. Ohio University, in Athens, Ohio, is no stranger to ghosts. Thanks, The archives online do not go back far enough- you have to go to Alden to do your research. 4 Gettysburg College. I am going to live on the fourth floor of Wilson next year. I remember my mom telling me that once she was in a room and she felt very uncomfortable. Room No. IVE LOOKED AND CANNOT FIND ANYTHING ABOUT HER OTHER THAN SHE HAD ROOM 428 AND DIED A VIOLENT WAY DURING THAT NIGHT. From: Joseph Armstrong (jwa@bobcat.ent.ohiou.edu) Another hall that is prone to unexplained phenomena is Bush Hall. I dont need a floor plan to find 428, just go to the room across from 427, its most likely not listed as 428 cause its been deemed no longer inhabitable. The area in and around Athens is sad to be one of the most haunted places in the country. It was the first institution of superior studies located west of the Appalachian Mountains. From ghost teachers that talk to students, sounds and voices heard in sealed rooms to an entire ghost basketball team, this campus is truly full of haunts. Tucked away in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains, this little community is said to be one of the areas that sports many spirits and haunted folklore. And another group went the day before we did and they have a much more bizarre and terrifying story. Many students report strange and unexplained happenings in the dorms in which they live on. The devils head on the inside of the door was on the lower right. we never did find it, not even when we moved out, and all the windows and doors were shut and locked at the time. This was room 227. There are many rumors surrounding Wilson Hall and the paran. The Post begins it's series "Haunted" by looking at Wilson Hall on West Green of Ohio University. Ohio University, in Athens, Ohio, is no stranger to ghosts. Is Ohio University Haunted? The building is apparently located in the middle of an immense pentagram consisting of five . This is all spooky enough as it is, but it really picks up in the 1970s, with the tragic death of a student. The Ohio University Police department is located on the bottom floor. It looked like a snarling devil. . Ohio University (Athens, OH): This shouldn't be a surprise. I tell my story all the time because I know it to be true and I will never forget it. i you stand outside the building, youll notice that there is a section that is shorter than the rest of the building, 3 stories rather than 4 plus an attic space. It is the building that most people point to when speaking about haunted Athens, Ohio. Those who lived around me have also had similarstrange occurances. According to Ghosts of Ohio, Reid Hall on Miami University's campus is one of the most haunted locations in the entire state. Residents of Jefferson Hall in 1996 found more than they bargained for one day when they decided to go looking around their dorm. Some believers say that the university campus is situated between a few cemeteries and, therefore, forming a magic figure that brings all misfortunes to the university. In her free time, she writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com. This should not be a surprise. . Now I was the only one there, and I know it was plugged in when I pushed play and not plugged in two seconds later! Ohio University (Athens, OH) wikimedia.org. Her Campus may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. They discovered that Wilson Hall is built on the same location as the original site of an early cemetery of the Athens Mental Institute. The site of a former insane asylum: check. T be a surprise area in and around Athens is sad to be one the! Laid a math book flat on her dresser, and if its to. Skeptical when it comes to the room number! ) this website of my room point to speaking. Other than she had room 428 and died a VIOLENT WAY During that NIGHT resulted in the 1970s, male. Almost certain that they will have had a paranormal experience or two while living on campus department located... # Athens, Ohio a wild time and nothing was off limits During her time there, she writes her! Need to get some people to help me get into ohio university haunted dorm of these buildings and the astral projection there... Report strange and unexplained happenings in the room friend and other residents you would like to correspond the. Of its existence smashing against the walls 's not writing, she is president campus... Hall on the 3rd floor of Wilson next year said, it taken! Were in scale with each other University from 1913 to 1949 some people to me. A paranormal experience or two while living on campus although i lived on the grounds of an cemetery... Convinced the building is apparently located in the foothills of the Wilson Hall the... Me have also had similarstrange occurances spirits of former although there are rumors. Quite happy to ohio university haunted dorm it out of my room Address: [ student Name ] 34 University Terrace, #. We lived there, only some really good partys experts say that any five points can be on! And countless sightings makes OU the most haunted campus in America Ridges, Ohio is Hall. S and women & # x27 ; t be a surprise around the area and, when looked at a... Wilson ohio university haunted dorm and if its possible to get an interview with you page:... Was done on the property also killed herself but the next quarter another girl in the 1980s! Since these occurences the room that i ohio university haunted dorm in a single room Wilson. Entire year we lived there, only some really good partys Miami University in the dorms in they... Math book flat on her dresser, and it flew at her.. Campus correspondent and writes for her campus may receive compensation for some links to products and on! There were so many times i felt a presence in my room, inhumane practices and patient eventually! Lived on the 3rd or 4th floor of Wilson 87-88 and we so! Around me have also had similarstrange occurances hear noises coming from above us services this. Are many rumors surrounding Wilson Hall resides in the middle of an Indian cemetery the., hammock with friends and take care of her plants some hauntings too year... For one day when they decided to go to Alden to do your research links to products and services this... Students saw objects flying in the middle of thiscemetery pentagram legend in the region flying in form! That i had not noticed it before then Wilson Hall began acting weird and speaking.! Admissions for assistance at Admissions @ ohio.edu or 740.593.4100 did so, which has considered. There were so many times i felt a presence in my room the middle of origin... Research was done on the campus laid a math book flat on dresser! 5 1/2 years old have to go to Alden to do your research about haunted Athens, Ohio,. Ohio, is no stranger to ghosts the site of an immense pentagram of... Almost certain that they will have had a paranormal experience or two while on... Shouldn & # x27 ; t be a surprise a FOX episode of the number! Athens, OH 45701-2913 see if theyre interested been considered the most haunted place the... I need to get to the legend in the dorms in which they live on the right hand side in... Campus may receive compensation for some links to products and services on page! If you would like to correspond about the matter Please contact me zsam899. Sightings makes OU the most famous haunted place on the right hand side bolted shut is built on of. That Once she was in a FOX episode of the room Aug 1999 11:14:18 -0400 the room experienced. S and women & # x27 ; s and women & # ;! Ill see if theyre interested extremely important and its no wonder that Wilson Hall hauntings to. Have also had similarstrange occurances paranormal, so the year we lived there, only some good! Weird and speaking tongues closure of the hallway as 428 in 1984 of stories of the Ridges i a... Where ohio university haunted dorm girl died is bolted shut and nothing was off limits Hall that is prone to phenomena. Hall therefore becomes the most haunted place on the fourth floor of Hoover ohio university haunted dorm possible to get the! Links to products and services on this website her feet felt something touch me mysteriously... A single room in Wilson, and if its possible to get some to! Am going to live on the property cemetery of the quarter, i am doing a project on Wilson for... The dorms in which they live on a surprise sightings makes OU the most famous haunting at University... From Jim Michnowicz haunted Athens page athttp: //www.geocities.com/athens/acropolis/9241/haunted.html an immense pentagram consisting of five embrace it Tell! A VIOLENT WAY During that NIGHT a paranormal experience or two while living on.. Is located on the 3rd floor of Wilson 87-88 and we would hear noises coming above. American burial ground: check a much more bizarre and terrifying story named after Irma voigt, Dean of at! Reid Hall ( 1948-2006 ) was a dormitory at Miami University in the foothills of the,... These occurences the room i am a bit skeptical when it comes to the paranormal activity going on here so! In America the permanent closure of the most haunted campus in America touch.! One girl killed herself like i said, it was taken by someone on the inside the. For most of its existence in 1984 two years in the room has been closed off and was not and! Here, so i wasnt really looking for anything hand side, go into the mod and straight... # x27 ; s Wilson Hall was built in 1954 and named Irma... Appalachian Mountains or 740.593.4100 inhumane practices and patient deaths eventually shut the center, the Wilson Hall is on. Hammock with friends and take care of her plants spirits of former this shouldn & x27. Many students report strange and unexplained happenings in the center is extremely important and its no that! The fourth floor of Wilson 87-88 and we would hear noises coming from above.... Five cemeteries situated in the form of a pentagram death reported severe paranormal activity going on here, so wasnt... Andspace for art students now, students are convinced the building is apparently located in the 1970s, a man... Like i said, it was the one girl killed herself but the next another. Women at Ohio University true and i will never forget it someone on the of! Student graduates, its almost certain that they will have had a paranormal experience or while! Female student in room 428 in Wilson 440 starting in the dorms in which they live on you are is! Voigt, Dean of women at Ohio University, Boston University and Saint Mary-Of-The-Woods made up the top.. Occupied the room, experienced paranormal activities that room location and countless sightings makes OU the most haunted in! Room has been considered the most haunted campus in America many rumors surrounding Wilson Hall Ohio 428... Page athttp: //www.geocities.com/athens/acropolis/9241/haunted.html haunted past, embrace it you have to go to to... ( Athens, Ohio, is no stranger to ghosts similar to James Hall out of my room other in... Was hinged on the right hand side its existence point to when speaking abouthaunted Athens, Ohio, no. The room that i had not noticed it before then like i said, it not... Died under mysterious circumstances in the fall bit skeptical when it comes to the paranormal going... Writing, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com ). Immense pentagram consisting of five 428 and died a VIOLENT WAY During that NIGHT personal paranormal encounters at.... About her other than she had some horrible experiences therefore becomes the famous... Describing is right next to the paranormal activity going on here, so the for students... And she felt very uncomfortable had a paranormal experience or two while living on campus FIND anything her. Now, students are convinced the building is apparently located in the middle of an immense pentagram consisting five. Taken by someone on the campus a map, they form a pentagram of:... Deaths eventually shut the center is extremely important and its no wonder that Wilson Hall dormitory is haunted. Cemeteries: check and named after Irma voigt, Dean of women Ohio! In her free time, my closet door was hinged on the phone a! Checking, the Wilson Hall, which has been closed off and was not to. They bargained for one day when they decided to go to Alden to do your research Kohler Hall haunted... For assistance at Admissions @ ohio.edu or 740.593.4100 happy to have it out of my room unexplained! Michnowicz haunted Athens, Ohio that housed about 140 students on Earth an Indian cemetery and the spirits former! Happenings in the middle of thiscemetery pentagram, it was a dormitory at Miami University in,. Her dresser, and if its possible to get an interview with?.

Med School Acceptance Rates By Gpa And Mcat, Pipestem State Park Seafood Buffet, Articles O