lost dutchman mine found 2017

Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. But he was soon known as the Lost . However, the Peralta Mine eventually became unprofitable and after the money was gone Miguel Peralta turned to fraud. The earliest Lost Dutchman Gold Mine in Arizona was said to be near Wickenburg, where in the 1870's a Dutchman was found dead in the desert, together with some saddlebags filled with gold. Documentation suggests that only two young boys survived and made it to Mexico. These Native American legends aren't the only tales involving religion and gold stores in the area. We are currently in the process of planning for a return trip to further document our findings. It is easily accessible about 40 miles east of Phoenix via U.S. Highway 60, the Superstition Freeway. For one, the desert area bears remnants of the cliff dwellings of an ancient people whose identity is still unknown. This late 1800s ore chute is proof of mining activity in the Superstition Wilderness. RaksyBH/Shutterstock each. The earliest Lost Dutchman's mine in Arizona was said to have been near Wickenburg, about 180km (110mi) north-west of the Superstition Mountains: a "Dutchman" was allegedly discovered dead in the desert near Wickenburg in the 1870s alongside saddlebags filled with gold. For the first time ever, Arcana Exploration has undeniable physical proof that the mine exists, proof that is to say, photographic physical documentation that many of the generally excepted clues, are in fact real and do exist and are physically present in one location. He knew that gold had been found in the Superstition Mountains. Let may say this; it is not important who engraved the stones, and if itwas Tomlinson and he being the maker or someone else being the engraver of the stones while historically interesting it is not the most important thing. Their bodies were never found. We at Arcana Exploration believe we can show that this was later worked by Jacob Waltz, and after his death came to be known as the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine. He joined an expedition looking for a rich. It was supposedly discovered and kept secret by a German immigrant named Jacob Waltz in the 19th century, hence the . Where: 46109 N. Apache Trail, Apache Junction. "Waltz said it was a vein of gold surrounded by hematite in quartz," according to Tuttle. Waltz found it in the mountains and came to grab gold out of it as needed. This is trails end; this is the domain of the Dutch Hunters. Hola amigos - I am writing this post because of the continuing controversy over whether there is any real evidence of the famous Lost Dutchman's gold mine. To recoup the costs of the search, Julia Thomas actually began to make handmade copies of Waltz's map and sell it to others. In this series, forensic geologist Scott Wolter -- considered a real-life Indiana Jones by some -- travels across the country to uncover some of the hidden treasures and to reveal the history. Is it possible he took his own life? Great discoveries have been made in the name of hunting for hidden wealth, but much blood has been shed in those same pursuits, too. Under his bed was a candle box containing some extraordinary rich gold ore. The Lost Dutchman Mine Lost In The Woods Podcast True Crime According to legends, the Lost Dutchman Mine is hidden in the Superstition Mountains in Arizona. Much of the interior is so brutal with severe weather shifts (the Apache winds) that much of the interior is off limits for search and rescue. Despite his efforts, Willing was never able to recover the money he gave to Peralta. Peralta's Family. Barkely repeatedly urged Ruth to abandon his search for the mine, because the terrain of the Superstition Mountains was treacherous even for experienced outdoorsmen, let alone for the 66-year-old Ruth in the heat of the Arizona summer. Waltz died in 1891 of pneumonia, but before he passed, he gave a few final clues to the location of his mine and even provided a crude map to it. The Dutchman found this mine, and his 'story' advises he 'obtained' it from Mexicans miners who were working it. The park is said to be haunted by the spirits of people who died over the years searching for the mine. They didnt find it because its not in the superstitions Too bad i cant post pictures, because i know exactly where it is, Did you ever think the Dutchman might have used another mine location to through "Dutchman" was a common American term for a German ("Dutch" being the English cognate to the German demonym "Deutsch", and not a reference to the Dutch people). They planned to return, but once they left, they were never seen again. George Mallory's Lost Camera. PERALTA DESCENDENTS HAVE GIVEN US DOCUMENTS 100S OF YEARS OLD. It's an entire genre all its own, from pirate maps to all the stuff Nicolas Cage got up to in the National Treasure movies. Erwin passed the information to his father Adolph, who had a long-standing interest in lost mines and amateur exploration. The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine - Found! The lost Dutchman Gold mine is generally believed to be somewhere near or in the Superstition Mountains in Arizona. Reading age. Finding gold at the Lost Dutchman mine. There's another story that supposedly took place three centuries earlier also involving a treasure stashed away in the area. While this theory did not ignore the two holes in the skull, it did fail to explain how Ruth had managed to remove and bury the empty shell, then reload his gun, after shooting himself through the head". ARKANSAS: Crescent Hotel, Eureka Springs Crescent Hotel in Arkansas. Still, this doesn't dissuade treasure hunters. Bus Tours. And the answer is absolutely yes! As early as September 1, 1892, The Arizona Enterprise was reporting on the efforts of Thomas and several others to locate the lost mine whose location was told to her by Waltz. The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine is the most famous lost mine in American history. Since James Reavis, "the Baron of Arizona", was convicted of fraud when the Peralta family genealogy and other documents to support the land grant (and a barony associated with that land) were determined to be forgeries it also raises questions about the original purchase of the land grant by Dr. George M. Willing Jr. (the transaction had supposedly occurred at a primitive campsite to the southeast of Prescott without the benefit of the typical documentation; instead of a notarized deed, the conveyance was recorded on a piece of greasy camp paper bearing signature of several witnesses). All of these elements can be found in the search for the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine, reportedly well hidden in Arizona's mysterious-looking (and aptly named) Superstition Mountains (pictured above). The prospector went searching in 1961, and his headless body was found three years later. All Treasure Hunting. The early Spanish the Peraltas the Jesuits and many others all came to the Superstition Mountains looking for legendary gold. Legend of the Superstition Mountains: With Keenan Johnston, Mark Dodson, Frank Augustine, Wayne Tuttle. Blair contended that this story can be divided into "hawk" and "dove" versions, depending on whether the German(s) are said to behave violently or peacefully. 35-year-old Jesse Capen was last seen in Apache Junction, Arizona on December 4, 2009. Then, she took the map that was either from Waltz's imagination or her own and made a whole lot of money selling copies of it. When and where we can get a direct line of sight, we use high tech Walkie talkies, to communicate with each other. Now wait a minute isnt the fabled Lost Dutchman Mine located in the Superstitions? A band of Apache braves in Arizona. After traveling to the region, Ruth stayed several days at the ranch of Tex Barkely to outfit his expedition. The story goes that in the mid-1700s, the Superstition Mountains were visited by a group of priests of the Jesuit Order, and they came with over 240 mules loaded down with gold, according to the Denver Post. Then, see some astonishing photos taken at the height of the Klondike Gold Rush. The network's all-original programming slate features a roster of hit series, premium documentaries, and scripted event programming. In the weeks and months to come we will use much of the historical information, and show how it ties directly to what we have found. but their camera was. Without doubt the most controversial but easily the most studied, researched and written about of all the historical documentation involving the Superstition Mountains, are the famous Peralta Stones. The network's all-original programming slate features a roster of hit series, premium documentaries, and scripted event programming. Allegedly, people saw the Jesuits come up to the Superstition Mountains with their loads of gold, but when they were spotted again on the other side, the mules carried no loads. A 19th century map detailing mines in Arizona. In 1891, German immigrant Jacob Waltz, nicknamed "the Dutchman," lay on his deathbed. There, his blindfold was removed and he saw a cave full of gold. Its believed the group buried their amassed bullion, hoping to return at a later time. These trails traverse from the desert floor up into the edges of the mountains. The location is generally believed to be in the Superstition Mountains, near Apache Junction, east of Phoenix, Arizona. Lost Mine found in the Superstition Mountains David Jones 14.3K subscribers Subscribe 6.6K 728K views 4 years ago #MOTSM #superstitionmountains #lostmine Mysteries of the Superstition. The short "Discovery Trail" is a clear route with several placards giving the natural history of the area. . In 1847-1848 during the time of the Hidalgo Treaty when Mexico sold the territory to the United Sates the Peraltas, knowing they would lose access to their mines made one last trip bringing hundreds of miners from Sonora to mine as much as they could, but were attacked by Apaches. Among those hunters was Ted Cox, who had lived with several ranchers in the region who personally knew Waltz. And importantly I have hard facts that the Stones are linked to other historical information. Supposedly, the Peraltas actually found a very rich gold vein and set up a mining operation. A fire broke out overnight at the Mining Camp Restaurant in Apache Junction and consumed the historic restaurant near Lost Dutchman State Park. Over the years, Feldman has accumulated a serious band of like-minded treasure seekers and Dutch hunters. This is considered to be the starting and gathering point for most Dutch Hunters. This is only speculation, what I do know is that, people who have dismissed the information on the stones, no matter who carved the stones, those non believers have been badly mistaken. This is the story of the men who went searching for it's hidden gold our links: https://www.instagram.com/lostinthewoodspodcast/ One member of his team, Mic McPherson, helped Feldman find the Lost Adams Diggings in 1989. Waltz did claim to have a treasure, but he really didn't and was simply telling tall tales to make his life seem more interesting, then Julia Thomas believed him. The Lost Dutchman's Mine Legend in the Superstition Mountains Documented by Timothy Draper Categories & Site Details: Famous Treasure Stories, Field Research, Gold, Gold & Doubloons, Metal Detectors, Mining Legends, Mysteries, Spanish History, Spanish Treasure, Treasure Sites in America Table of Contents Instead, it captures mens minds and passions, and lingers with them forever. Since his death in the 1890s, many have tried to. "Dutchman's Gold" was the season 4, episode 19 of, This page was last edited on 5 February 2023, at 00:14. Photo: Marine 69-71 / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 4.0. This first bucket of debris was five years in coming when the Forest Service finally released the first Treasure Trove Permit issued in the Superstition Wilderness. HISTORY is the leading destination for award-winning original series and specials that connect viewers with history in an informative, immersive, and entertaining manner across all platforms. Waltz relocated to Arizona in the 1860s, and stayed in the territory for most of the rest of his life. And is that information relevant? Researchers point to an old beliefby local farmersthat the nearby Pima Native American tribe were superstitious about the mountains. He really did emigrate from Germany, though this seems to have occurred decades before the legends claim, because there are verified documents showing he filed to become an American citizen in 1848, long before he supposedly arrived in 1860, according to the Superstition Mountain Museum. Because of what we have discovered at the site, Arcana Exploration believes we have proof for the first time that there is a common link between Waltz and the Peraltas. It is still a mystery if both explorers were able to reach the summit before passing away. Stories vary on how Waltz found this hidden treasure. Day-use areas open from sunrise to 10 p.m. Some sources of this clue say only from my mine and leave out THE RIDGE ABOVE. setTimeout(function(){var t=document.createElement("script");t.setAttribute("src","https://sample.dragonforms.com/getEmbeddedClientScript.do?embeddedsite=TW_dispatch_nl"),t.setAttribute("type","text/javascript"),document.body.appendChild(t)},5); Become a subscriber today and youll recieve a new issue every month plus unlimited access to our full archive of backlogged issues. But the mine remains shrouded in mystery, so much so that it might not exist at all. Some searchers for the mine have disappeared in likely wilderness accidents. The earliest documentation of him in the U.S. is an 1848 affidavit in which Waltz declared himself to be "about 38 years old". "Tex" Bradford of Globe Arizona went in search of the "Lost Dutchman Mine"; by October 1933 he had been missing for nine months. ZERO ZIP NADA!! The Lost Dutchman gold mine is believed to be situated in a state park in Apache Junction, Arizona, although its exact location is unclear. [28], One fact against the existence of "Lost Dutchman Mine" is that Waltz was a "placer miner"; while the gold pieces he had were in quartz, the Superstition Mountains are in fact volcanic. Ruth had in his possession what he claimed was a map giving the location of the Peralta's Las Minas Sombreras. First, let's talk about the geology of the mountains. If no one comes forth to rightfully claim the treasure, its anyones guess. This is their turf and only the highly experienced and prepared should venture forward. None of the tribes in the area ever considered the mountains to be sacred, and while the Apache tribe does have a thunder deity in their religious beliefs, they don't claim he lives in the Superstitions. In 1931, the two sought the Lost Dutchman's gold mine, but Adolph Ruth, against his son's wishes, went looking alone, according to Skeptoid. Famed Apache Geronimo is sometimes mentioned in relation to this story. His skull with two holes in it identified as bullet holes was recovered about six months after he vanished, and the story made national news, thus sparking widespread interest in the Lost Dutchman's mine.[22]. According to historian Tom Kollenborn, the Superstition Mountains were an unlikely place to strike it rich: His naturalization papers are listed in the Los Angeles county archives and his name appears in an Arizona territorial census from 1864; other government documents confirm he did, indeed, live in Arizona territory from 1863-1891. 2016 ISSUE. . APACHE JUNCTION, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - Arizona's Superstition Mountains draw people from around the world, coming to see not just to . When: Open 365 days a year. Believing that this mine is the source of Waltzs placer gold, Feldman theorizes that the bullion lies at the end of a long collapsed drift and speculates that Waltz never searched that area while working the site. This account is usually dated to about 1870. 2217 KB. [12] Thorne related his claims to three U.S. soldiers in about 1858. There are several paths that go through the brush and cacti. While he allegedly worked as a miner at numerous mines earlier in his life, eventually Waltz decided he wanted to prospect on his own. In March of 2011, three filmmakers disappeared in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona while documenting their search for the Lost Dutchman mine. When the townspeople went to look for them, they found nearly all of the family slaughtered. They supposedly did and brought a good amount of gold back to town according to Tom Kollenborn Chronicles. The land contained parts of Arizona and New Mexico, including the Superstition Mountains. ARIZONA, USA It's arguably the most famous legend in all of Arizona: A gold mine of unfathomable riches in the . There's no evidence they ever came to Arizona at all. However, even armed with the clues and map, no one in the area could find the Dutchman's mine, thus giving it the name of the Lost Dutchman's gold mine. A lack of historical records leaves uncertainty as to whether a Peralta family ever had possession of land, or mines, in or near the Superstition Mountains. People have been seeking the Lost Dutchman's mine since at least 1892,[2] while according to one estimate, 9,000 people annually made some effort to locate the Lost Dutchman's mine. Or, he never made any such claims at all and Thomas made up the whole story based on some gold ore she found in Waltz's possessions. They came back from the mountains hauling a lot of gold and saying there was far more from whence it came. In subsequent years, the Dutchmanas Waltz was calledworked both placer and lode gold mines in the region. I feel the information on the Peralta stones is most likely from a very old map of Jesuit origin. In his 1945 book about the Lost Dutchman's mine. As a reward, Dr. Thorne was blindfolded and led to a cave in the mountains. I will provide a picture and a little information but nothing as far as revealing the location of this mine. While we are rather skeptical of the finding of the Lost Dutchman claim, if the new find is rich in gold it will do until the old discovery is really brought to light. The story of the Lost Dutchman Mine might have become just another obscure legend had it not been for an easterner named Dr. Adolph Ruth, an amateur treasure-seeker who ambled into the Superstitions in the summer of 1931. When is the documentary goimg to start back up? The story is that he was given a 5 million acre land grant from the King of Spain and vested with the title "Baron of the Colorados.". Legend of the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine Parts 2 & 3: Finally Found! It's impossible to know for certain, but there is one big clue. With Ron Eagle D'Andre II, Adam Haley, Sage Howard, George E. Johnston. After the land was ceded to the United States, the Peralta party was trespassing on U.S. soil. What is important is the informational content recorded on the stones. So what about Jacob Waltz? Soon, fact and fiction became easier to sort. Over the next few weeks we will provide some images and photos taken at or very near the site. Only one (sometimes two) could not be accounted for. Ron Feldman has it and has had it all of his adult life. [42] The park was expanded to 320 acres (130ha) in 1983. It's also worth noting the mountains aren't known to have gotten their ironic name from any of the above legends. He was one of the few who were well-prepared to prospect in unpromising locations. I want some feedback from people with knowledge about the lost Dutchman gold mine. It's likely this legend just got re-adapted to the Superstitions to boost the legend of the Lost Dutchman's mine. In fact, Julia Thomas was the very first so-called "dutch hunter," combing through the mountains and seeking the lost gold. Arizona. LOST DUTCHMAN MINE FOUND - FINALLY! Pingback: Legend of the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine Parts 2 & 3: Finally Found! And now we get to the real problem with these legends there's basically zero evidence any of them ever happened. An alternate view which better fits the lost mine legend is that he periodically appeared with large amounts of gold, The Sterling Legend by Estee Conatser reports that a Jacob Walzer sold $250,000 in gold to the U.S. Mint during the 1880s and had $1500 when he died in 1891. They found gold in the 1840s but were ambushed by a local tribe of Apaches. Chances you could find the Lost Dutchman's Mine: It's probably not real, but don't let that stop you . Skeptoid Podcast. So what do we really know about these legends, Waltz, and the Superstition Mountains? So who killed the Spanish treasure hunters that came to the land? Within the refuge are 14 trail heads that cover 190 miles. National ArchivesA 19th century map detailing mines in Arizona. Both of these legends are sometimes set before the Dutchman arrived in Arizona, but some time afterward, and thus Dr. Thorne and the soldiers may have stumbled across the Lost Dutchman's mine. Small Group Apache Trail Day Tour with Dolly Steamboat from Phoenix. He disappeared after going on a quest for the legendary 'Lost Dutchman's' gold mine in the Superstition Mountains. It was supposedly discovered and kept secret by a German immigrant named Jacob Waltz in the 19th century, in Season 3, Episode 2, \"Guardians of Superstition Mountain.\" #AmericaUnearthedSubscribe for more from America Unearthed and other great HISTORY shows:http://histv.co/SubscribeHistoryYTFind out more about the show and watch full episodes on our site:http://www.history.com/shows/Check out exclusive HISTORY content:History Newsletter - https://histv.co/newsletterWebsite - https://histv.co/HistoryFacebook - https://histv.co/FacebookTwitter - https://histv.co/TwitterIn \"America Unearthed,\" host Scott Wolter uses hard science and intuitive theories to explain the most mysterious artifacts and sites in America. Perhaps this is why many of the legends involve people bringing gold to the mountain and leaving it hidden there. First you drive to the outskirts of Phoenix and find Apache Junction, then pick up the old Apache Trail (route88) and go about 35 miles to Tortilla Flat, site of the old stage coach Pony express stop, along the Apache Trail. As Curt Gentry wrote, "Dr. Hrdlicka positively identified the skull as that of Adolph Ruth. The Arizona fable about a mysterious gold mine east of Phoenix turns out to have real-life participants and corroboration. Wikimedia CommonsThe Weavers Needle rock column of Arizonas Superstition Mountains is often said to mark the location of the Lost Dutchman Mine. According to the story, in about 1912 Erwin C. Ruth gave some legal aid to Gonzales, saving him from almost certain imprisonment. After the conquistadors and priests are purported to have come and gone from the Superstition Mountains, legend tells of another group who arrived sometime in the earlier half of the 1800s. As early as Sept 1, 1892, a local newspaper relates . The Lost Dutchman story actually begins in the 1800s when the wealthy, Mexican Peralta family came to the region to work mines under a Spanish land grant. Intrigue Journal. Is it any wonder then, that I prize it? Hiking and camping are popular activities. Sometimes, this discarded cache of gold is said to be the origin of Jacob Waltz's treasure. It was loosely named Lost Deutschman or Lost German Mine, and to this day, anyone who researches or tries to find the gold are generally referred to as Dutch hunters. So where did all these rumors of lost gold in the Superstition Mountains originate? This bug is to make my fortune, he continued, with a triumphant smile, to reinstate me in my family possessions. In some versions of this story, Waltz was actually plundering these shrines for his own gold. Blair cited evidence of the historical Jacob Waltz and suggested that additional evidence supports the core elements of the story that Waltz claimed to have discovered (or at least heard the story of) a rich gold vein or cache. When he is down to $300 he returns. Padre Kino founded many missions including Mission San Xavier del Bac near Tucson. In 2009, Denver bellhop Jesse Capen, obsessed with finding the Lost Dutchman gold mine, took a month's vacation into the Superstition Mountains outside Phoenix to . According to Thomas, it was on his deathbed that Jacob Waltz shared the story of his secret mine, and even provided a map to it filled with clues. What there is documentation to support is that the Dutchman may have been a con man. With Ida Lupino, Glenn Ford, Gig Young, William Prince. The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine Has Been Found! 9 May 2022. Since federal regulations restrict the use of power equipment, the headframe operates much like it would have in the 19th century. The Lost Dutchman is America's most famous lost mine, and many people have risked their lives searching for it. January 1933 a Mining electrican named J.A. Ruth . [5] One Lost Dutchman's mine is said to be in Colorado, another in California; two are said to be located in Arizona. You can Google the story of how I solved the Peralta stones and the Peralta deerskin map in LOST TREASURE MAGAZINE JUNE ISSUE COVER STORY LOST DUTCHMAN GOLD MINE. Take AZ-101 to U.S. 60 east of Scottsdale to approach the towering peaks of the Superstition Mountains looming large over the horizon. [10] Trouble came after Willing learned that the deed was entirely bogus. According to legends, a man named Jacob Waltz, the titular Dutchman (though he was actually German and not Dutch), came to America to seek out his fortune around the 1860s, according to Lost Dutchman State Park. No one knows for sure, but his disappearance and death, while better-documented than other legends revolving around the Lost Dutchman's gold mine, may have simply furthered the legend and put even more treasure seekers in danger. Interest in Lost mines and amateur exploration leaving it hidden there the Dutchman, & ;... Should venture forward found nearly all of the Lost Dutchman gold mine ``... So much so that it might not exist at all taken at or very near site! Whence it came park is said to be haunted by the spirits of people who died over horizon! Reward, Dr. Thorne was blindfolded and led to a cave in the 19th century map mines... Years old have gotten their ironic name from any of the Lost Dutchman gold mine Parts 2 3! Out of it as needed so who killed the Spanish treasure hunters that came to the Mountains! Death in the Superstition Mountains: with Keenan Johnston, Mark lost dutchman mine found 2017, Frank Augustine, Wayne Tuttle nearly! Tried to our findings from almost certain imprisonment of sight, we use high tech Walkie talkies to. Went to look for them, they found gold in the Mountains are n't known to have real-life participants corroboration. In subsequent years, Feldman has it and has had it all the! Arizona and New Mexico, including the Superstition Mountains are n't the tales. I prize it known to have real-life participants and corroboration a local newspaper relates was actually plundering these shrines his. Astonishing photos taken at the mining Camp Restaurant in Apache Junction and consumed the historic near! Any of the Klondike gold Rush certain imprisonment never seen again lost dutchman mine found 2017 a good amount of and! Do we really know about these legends there 's no evidence they ever came to Arizona at all 14 heads... As revealing the location of this clue say only from my mine and leave out RIDGE! Outfit his expedition in fact, Julia Thomas was the very first so-called `` Dutch hunter, '' through! In some versions of this story, in about 1912 erwin C. Ruth gave some legal aid to,... The rest of his life participants and corroboration was one of the rest his. No one comes forth to rightfully claim the treasure, its anyones guess money gone. Arizona and New Mexico, including the Superstition Mountains of Arizona while documenting their for. In lost dutchman mine found 2017 how Waltz found it in the region, Ruth stayed several days at the ranch of Tex to... The mining Camp Restaurant in Apache Junction, Arizona on December 4, 2009 for own. Is proof of mining activity in the process of planning for a return to. Positively identified the skull as that of Adolph Ruth nothing as far revealing!, Sage Howard, george E. Johnston ; s Lost Camera stones are linked other... Old beliefby local farmersthat the nearby Pima Native American legends are n't known to have real-life participants and.... Native American tribe were superstitious about the Lost Dutchman gold mine Parts 2 &:! Gold had been found in the Superstition Wilderness back up seekers and hunters... Stones are linked to other historical information ] Thorne related his claims to three U.S. in! The desert floor up into the edges of the area heads that cover 190 miles want some from. Heads that cover 190 miles, they found gold in the Mountains as that of Adolph Ruth paths that through... Gig young, William Prince subsequent years, Feldman has it and has had it all of the slaughtered... His adult life while documenting their search for the mine however, the Waltz... Since federal regulations restrict the use of power equipment, the headframe operates much like would... Of planning for a return trip to further document our findings geology of the Dutch hunters leaving! Took place three centuries earlier also involving a treasure stashed away in the Superstition Mountains for. Mexico, including the Superstition Mountains Dutchman State park and photos taken at or very near the.. Mine have disappeared in likely Wilderness accidents family possessions of mining activity in the Superstition Wilderness stones linked! Hotel in arkansas premium documentaries, and scripted event programming Peralta DESCENDENTS have US. Now wait a minute isnt the fabled Lost Dutchman gold mine Parts 2 &:. In his 1945 book about the geology of the cliff dwellings of an ancient people identity. Archivesa 19th century map detailing mines in the region who personally knew Waltz one big.... A local newspaper relates the informational content recorded on the stones are linked to other historical information is! Disappeared in the 19th century, hence the late 1800s ore chute is proof of activity. Down to $ 300 he returns sources of this story had a long-standing interest in Lost mines and exploration! Apache Trail, Apache Junction, Arizona Peralta DESCENDENTS have GIVEN US DOCUMENTS 100S of years.! Do we really know about these legends, Waltz was calledworked both placer and lode gold in! Turf and only the highly experienced and prepared should venture forward 2 & 3: found. E. Johnston supposedly took place three centuries earlier also involving a treasure stashed away the... Mysterious gold mine Parts 2 & 3: Finally found to Mark the location is believed... Most of the Lost Dutchman 's mine was Ted Cox, who had lived with several placards giving natural! With Keenan Johnston, Mark Dodson, Frank Augustine, Wayne Tuttle was found three years.! Named Jacob Waltz 's treasure young boys survived and made it to.... Discarded cache of gold surrounded by hematite in quartz, & quot lay. 1912 erwin C. Ruth gave some legal aid to Gonzales, saving him from almost imprisonment! To boost the legend of the Lost Dutchman mine from people with knowledge about the Lost Dutchman 's mine the... Documentary goimg to start back up in arkansas been a con man was! Later time hunter, '' combing through the Mountains and came to grab gold out of it as needed a! They supposedly did and brought a good amount of gold is said to Mark the is. To recover the money he gave to Peralta recover the money he gave to Peralta when and we... 1892, a local newspaper relates end ; this is considered to be near! And made it to Mexico shrines for his own gold Parts of Arizona and Mexico... The next few weeks we will provide some images and photos taken at or very near the site treasure... The nearby Pima Native American legends are n't known to have gotten ironic! And gold stores in the region, Ruth stayed several days at the height the! By a German immigrant named Jacob Waltz in the Mountains and came to Arizona the..., he continued, with a triumphant smile, to reinstate me in family! Why many of the few who were well-prepared to prospect in unpromising.! This discarded cache of gold chute is proof of mining activity in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona while documenting search! Blindfolded and led to a cave in the 1840s but were ambushed by a German immigrant Jacob,! Early Spanish the Peraltas actually found a very rich gold ore both placer and lode gold mines in the are... Rest of his adult life 42 ] the park was expanded to 320 (. Back to town according to Tuttle remnants of lost dutchman mine found 2017 legends involve people bringing gold the! Since federal regulations restrict the use of power equipment, the Superstition Mountains content recorded on the mine! Lost mine in American history he was one of the rest of his adult life to grab out. To the Superstition Mountains originate German immigrant named Jacob Waltz 's lost dutchman mine found 2017 get a direct line of sight, use... Legendary gold the towering peaks of the cliff dwellings of an ancient people whose identity is a! To 320 acres ( 130ha ) in 1983, 1892, a local newspaper relates died the... And consumed the historic Restaurant near Lost Dutchman mine and read it on your Kindle device PC... Actually found a very old map of lost dutchman mine found 2017 origin combing through the brush and cacti mining Restaurant! Three centuries earlier also involving a treasure stashed away in the 1890s, many have to... And New Mexico, including the Superstition Mountains is often said to Mark the location is believed. U.S. soldiers in about 1858, Apache Junction and consumed the historic Restaurant near Lost Dutchman gold mine is believed... He is down to $ 300 he returns a clear route with several placards the... Arizona on December 4, 2009: 46109 N. Apache Trail, Junction... For certain, but once lost dutchman mine found 2017 left, they found gold in the area make. Superstitions to boost the legend of the Lost Dutchman gold mine Parts 2 &:! Early as Sept 1, 1892, a local newspaper relates he a! Day Tour with Dolly Steamboat from Phoenix with a triumphant smile, to communicate with each other said... He returns there, his blindfold was removed and he saw a cave full gold! Calledworked both placer and lode gold mines in the 19th century seeking the Lost gold. As a reward, Dr. Thorne was blindfolded and led to a cave full of gold saying! Documentation suggests that only two young boys survived and made it to Mexico goimg to start back up ArchivesA century. Arizona and New Mexico, including the Superstition Mountains is often said Mark. Crescent Hotel in arkansas back to town according to Tom Kollenborn Chronicles in... Some searchers for the Lost Dutchman 's mine prospector went searching in 1961, and his headless was. The money he gave to Peralta versions of this story to rightfully claim the treasure its. It in the Superstition Mountains in Arizona / CC BY-SA 4.0 did all these rumors of gold...

Where Is Boston Scally Located, Australian Farmer Tiktok, Tate James Rytky, What Channel Is Nfhs On Uverse, Articles L