how strict are ryanair with small bag

. / 100 ml are allowed to be brought on board Ryanair flights, as long as they are contained in a duty-free issued Secure Tamper-Evident Bag (STEB). Priority boarding passengers are permitted to bring one small bag (40 cm x 20 cm x 25 cm) weighing up to 10 kg into the cabin for free. Special features and advantages. 10kg Check-in bags provide customers with a more convenient option for checking bags, as well as the option to bring more liquids into a 10kg wheelie bag and walk to the boarding gate hand-free. A customer must check their bag at the bag drop desk before entering security. Over-sized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate or placed in the hold of the plane for a fee of 86 (for domestic flights, this fee is subject to VAT). It also comes with a sleeve on the back, so it can slide over the handle of anywheelie suitcase. The bag/football pack is an accessory and should be treated with respect. Or does packing extra stuff mean booking some checked baggage with the airline? This means you cannot take it on board with you nor access the contents. Answer 1 of 14: I have never never travelled with Ryanair but heard of people complaining about them. Gate-checked bag fees are / 69.99/~$70 USD per. This shortcut has possibly changed the way internet users will take their luggage along on trips. This compensation helps pay the costs associated with running our website, and does not result in any additional fees to you. Your first checked bag is NOT free on Ryanair flights, but each passenger can check in up to 3 checked bags weighing 44 lbs (20 kg) each. My Ryanair-compliant Luggage Recommendations, Bringing Carry-on Liquid Items Onto Ryanair Flights. How strict is Ryanair with weight? The budget airline specifies that one small personal bag is included with all airfares. Flaming Hot Cheetos Whats Their Scoville Rating? Excess baggage will be charged at 11 per kg. See. These include a backpack that measures 40 x 25 x 20cm (height x width x depth). This will mean you wont need to wait for your bag at the terminal at the destination. BARGAIN travellers have praised a duffel bag that lets you avoid paying any Ryanair luggage fees - and I decided to test it out. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Youll also pay more than if a hold bag or an extra cabin bag was booked in advance. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-114170224', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');flight is, whether bag is a soft back that will scrunch or not, what bags other people are carrying. Excess baggage will be charged at 11 per kg. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Cabin baggage size is standard with all airlines 55x40x20 so that it can fit into the overhead lockers. Invest in a lightweight suitcase. Second question in 2 days about how strict Ryanair is regarding bags (post linked in response #3). The easiest way to keep the kilos down. The IATA (International Air Transport Association) standard hand baggage allowance is 56 x 45 x 25 cm (22 x 18 x 9.8 inches), but Ryanair allows just 25 x 40 x 20 cm (9.8 x 15.7 x 7.8 inches). For full-size cabin bags, I have never seen Ryanair weigh a bag to check it is under 10 kg, though if it looks much bigger, you may be asked you to place it in a measuring stand to check. I have been on Ryan air flights and seen them make customers weigh their cabin bag. Did anyone manage to carry a bag larger than specified size in the recent past? When it does not arrive, you must leave it behind at the airport. Ryanair offers a variety of bag options that meet the needs of a wide range of passengers. Ryanair updated their luggage policy again! Take some proactive steps beforehand and invest in some Ryanair-compliant carry-on luggage, so that you can travel and relax. If you are traveling with an infant, you are permitted to bring as much baby milk, powdered milk, sterile water, and baby food as necessary. So they let me carry on everything I want so you shouldnt have a problem -you just tell them I said itll be OK. The important point to note is that this measure is exactly the same. Ryanair is considered to be quite strict in regard to item sizes and weights for its passengers. Ryanair updated their luggage policy again! In my experience they check mostly hard case-type suitcases and also stop people who have a non priority ticket and bring 1 suitcase. But when the bag arrived, my heart lurched. Is 10kg luggage enough for a week? Ryanair Excess Baggage If your checked bag weighs more than 10kg or 20kg (depending on which you have booked), you may purchase excess baggage up to a maximum of 32kg and this can only be purchased at the airport ticket desk. Most airlines are not concerned with carry-on/personal item weight, though Ryanair offers two paid options for carry-on bags (10 kg and 20 kg, starting at / 12.99/~$13 USD per). Passengers may also check a small 10 kg suitcase into the hold for 10 if booking online, or 20 at the airport desk. One small personal bag is allowed per passenger (e.g., purse, handbag, briefcase, laptop bag, backpack, and medically necessary items). Related: Tips from the pros: how to pack like a frequent flyer. I last used them in June, no one cared about any backpacks and people would bring their huge backpacks on board. If you have a large backpack, you may be required to pay a fee based on its size and weight. Ryanair forbids the use of carry-on luggage, as well as the rental of additional luggage. Q5), the sizer is 42x30x20cm.. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. . At the top of the bag, there are two carry-ons: one with a weight of 22 lbs (10 kg), and one with a weight of 14 x 8 x 8 in or 35 x 20 x 20 cm. Nonetheless, it is critical to remember that Ryanair is attempting to save money at every turn. Ryanair has a reasonably complicated hand luggage policy. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. To help you verify your baggage conforms with Ryanairs cabin bag size restrictions, the carrier recommends taking note of bag sizers at airport locations that feature its required 15 x 9 x 7 dimensions. Customers can have up to three checked bags weighing up to 20 kilos delivered to their door. Just obey the rules and you'll be fine. Ryanair are no different to any other airline. Luggage Policies at Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA, easyJet and Ryanair Hand Baggage Allowance, Airlines Offering Check in at Kowloon and Hong Kong Station, Luggage Allowance on Scandinavian Airlines (SAS), The Best Carry-On Luggage of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The Best Carry-On Luggage for Men of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 9 Best Luggage Items Under $300 of 2023, Spirit Airlines the Low-Cost Airline: What You Need to Know, The 8 Best Travelpro Luggage Items of 2023, The Best Underseat Luggage of 2023, Tested and Reviewed. In my experience they check mostly hard case-type suitcases and also stop people who have a non priority ticket and bring 1 suitcase. I lined the bottom of my bag with my microfibre travel towel. Non-priority customers who wish to bring a second larger wheelie bag (10kg weight) must purchase the 10kg Check-in Bag. Learn how to avoid Ryanairs baggage fees in this article. Ryanair priority boarding. You can also see how their baggage allowance rules compare with other European airlines here, circumvent other Ryanair fees and penalties. Or do you want to tell them strangers on the internet said you could get away with this? it varies depending on staff and how busy (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? It looked too small to fit enough clothes, toiletries and electrical items for a five-day holiday, and I wondered if I'd bitten off more than I could chew. How about full-size cabin bags are they OK to take, or do you need something more compact? The rest of my packing was like a game of Tetris as I slotted the following items into free bits of space: a tightly-packed liquids bag, a shampoo bar, soap, a toothbrush, as well as two make-up palettes and make-up brushes. Personal item size: 15.5 x . All airlines have cabin baggage sizes of 55x40x20 so that it can fit in the overhead lockers. Furthermore, Ryanair prohibits the sale of oversized items, such as suitcases. In my experience, Ryanair is somewhat flexible in terms of the personal item. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. Size Is Everything. Your bag can be a backpack, tote, or messenger bag. Depends entirely on who is working that day in my experience. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Big question to ask yourself is can you afford to pay the 50-60 cost of bag going into hold with all your stuff if you are unlucky. Weighs only 300 grams. This great carry-on bagis for travelers that want to get the best value out of their luggage investment. However Ryanair are particularly strict on the baggage weight max 10kg.5. Ryanair is well-known for its strict baggage policies. It weighs only 400 grams and has a long shoulder strap along with a top handle . Charges for priority boarding plus two bags begin at EUR 8 at the time of writing and go up to EUR 32. Your bag must fit in Ryanair's sizer and so it can be easily . If your checked bag weighs more than 10kg or 20kg (depending on which you have booked), you may purchase excess baggage up to a maximum of 32kg and this can only be purchased at the airport ticket desk. If you believe that Ive got a bridge for sale . Answer 1 of 14: I have a soft squishable backpack that is 40x30x20 cm, that can squish to 40x25x20 and 1 pc pnly on a non priority ticket. If you pay for two cabin bags and one is larger than the 55 x 40 x 20 cm (21.6 x 15.7 x 7.8 inches) allowance, your bag will be refused at the boarding gate. The answer is yes, you are allowed to bring a duffle bag on a Ryanair flight. So its cheaper to book in advance. Checking in with Ryanair is quick and easy, but they are very strict when it comes to baggage. Passengers on Ryanair can carry a backpack as a hand luggage as long as it is 25 x 40 x 20 centimeters in overall dimensions and has a depth of 20 centimeters or less. The price for a 10kg checked bag is between EUR 13 and EUR 36. Priority customers will benefit from boarding the plane via the Priority Queue, which is free, as well as carrying their small personal bag and 10kg wheelie bag. So many U.K. travellers I speak to have a horror story about being ripped off with an unexpected but exorbitant charge or an awful experience with a delayed or cancelled flight. Free Gate Bags are a thing of the past with Ryanair Ryanair's Current Carry-On Baggage Policy. Ryanair is one of the most trusted airlines in Europe. However, you could squeeze your handbag into your main bag whilst going through the gate! 40cm x 20 x 25 for the small personal bag that goes under the seat. 2023 Parkland Design & Manufacturing Inc. All Rights Reserved, Where Are Tumi Bags Made? Every passenger on a Ryanair flight is allowed one personal item measuring 16" x 8" x 10" (40 cm x 20 cm x 25 cm). Most hand luggage fees are waived for non-priority and priority boarding for Ryanair tickets. Excess baggage above the 20 kg limit is charged at EUR 9 per kilo when bought in advance. Ryanair Carry-on Bag Size Allowances You are allowed a single personal item, like a backpack, however, your Ryanair cabin bag cant be larger than 25 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-114168908', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');airlines requirements then buy a 10kg check in bag. Can I take my handbag as well as hand luggage on Ryanair? Spain is our favourite country in the world to travel and its perfect for families. So, How Strict is Ryanair About Carry-on and Personal Items? Ryanair provides one of Europe's strictest baggage policies. Editorial Note: The Points Guy UK is independent; the opinions published here are always those of the reviewer, who has final editorial approval. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-116268510', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');plane. Items that dont fit into a sizing device or which are considered to be oversized will need to be checked, with gate-checked baggage fees assessed accordingly. So when it comes to how strict are Ryanair, the answer is very. This can be booked via the Ryanair app up to 40 minutes before departure. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-116269733', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');flights within Italy. Second question in 2 days about how strict Ryanair is regarding bags (post linked in response #3). But when the bag arrived, my heart lurched. More info Ryanair Baggage Policy at: ryanair.com. For more room in your carry-on bag, if you need a new carry-on bag that will fit Ryanairs (and other carriers) guidelines, get this bag and dont have to worry about it ever again. Should I Risk Flying on Ryanair With an Oversized Carry-on Item? This means a small rucksack or bag which can fit underneath the seat in front. Add it when you book, between booking and your departure date, or when you actually check-in. Ryanair allows each passenger to purchase a 22 lb (10 kg) bag and/or up to three 44 lb (20 kg) checked bags per flight. Every check-in desk should have a bag sizer, and if your bag exceeds the limit when youll need to pay for it to be carried in the hold. Here are the options for those who want to check-in or take a bag on board exceeding those dimensions. If your bag is slightly larger than Ryanairs specified size dimensions, youll likely be OK. Worst-case scenario if your carry-on is too large, is that you will have to check your bag at the gate and be charged ~$70 USD for checking an oversized bag at the gate.PRO TIP You have a better chance of getting away with a slightly larger piece of luggage if your carry-on is soft-sided. Interestingly, Eurowings has one of the best on-time performance rates at 74%, much higher than the Wizz average of 56% or Ryanair's 65%. According to Ryanairs website: Adding the 20kg Check-in Bag costs between / 20.99 (~$21 USD) and / 59.99 (~$60 USD) depending on the route and travel date selected. Higher fees (39.99-59.99) apply if you change your booking or pay at the airport. I have never seen them make people put their handbag or backpack in the sizer, but then again I have never flown with them to Ireland. What Ryanair is very strict on is not taking a full-size cabin bag on board unless you have purchased the right to do so. Unless youre a priority passenger, you will only get to bring on board one small bag of 15.7 x 7.9 x 9.8 in (40 x 20 x 25 cm) that fits in the under-seat compartment in front of them. View our online Press Pack. Manage Settings Can a Small Suitcase Be a Personal Item on Your Flight? And no, you won't get away with just using your slightly over-sized bag. He said they were checking some bags. In Ryanair, each passenger is allowed one small carry-on bag, measuring no larger than 40x20x25 cm, to be stored under the seat in front of them. I'd say you're fine as long as the bag is not rigid. Non-priority customers can only bring one small bag (40cm x 20cm x 25cm), that must fit into the sizer. Let itbe said, it pays to come prepared, especially when flyingRyanair. Other times they just picked out random people who seemed to have clearly too much stuff.You should be fine on that account. However, there are some restrictions. There is a bag sizer for those extra 10kg bags as well. If it doesn't, then you will be charged a fee of 25 (~$35 USD). Can't anyone be bothered to scroll down the posts to see if one has already been posted recently or use the Search function to locate past posts? Below are the guidelines: Related: Is the Ryanair family plus upgrade worth it? Meeting the size dimensions of your personal bag and carry-on items mentioned above should cover all your bases. (I have no idea if they have similar operations within other European countries.) Some days. Her work has appeared in Travel + Leisure, USA Today, Michelin Guides, Hemispheres, DuJour, and Forbes. I created this website to provide people with information about the different types of bags and backpacks available on the market, as well as to offer my own personal recommendations. For babies traveling with an adult on a lap, a baby bag of up to 5kg ( dimensions: 45x35x20cms) is permissible. How much is a 10k bag on Ryanair? If your boarding ticket has been designated as a priority, you must pay for the additional fees as per Ryanair policy. But as my bag is soft and smooshy I have no problem getting it to fit in the carry on box and thus it always allowed. Yes, absolutely. Go to Active Trip, then Trip Extras, then select Add To Trip. Ryanairhas the reputation of being the cheapest airline available in Europe, but you never know until you check your travel dates and see what kind of offers are available. If I can get a dirt cheap fare on a route and time convenient for me, I have no real qualms about flying with the airline. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, The Narwey Duffel bag has been hailed as a "life-saver" by travellers on Amazon, My bag easily fitted underneath the seat in front of me, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). I am going to Spain. Save. Some sporting equipment may be carried in the aircrafts hold. Your personal item ( e.g., purse, shoulder bag, backpack, diaper bag, etc.) If you are asked to fit it into the measuring stand and you cant squeeze it in, you will have to pay to check it in. A 20kg checked bag costs between EUR 21 and EUR 60. They use a steel cage, and their small bag policy is 40x25x20. If you want to bring an additional carry-on, you can upgrade your baggage allowance for a fee. To make your flight as worry-free as possible, I suggest complying with Ryanairs policies. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k14244881-Ryanair_Baggage_dimensions_strict-Air_Travel.html. Actually check-in via the Ryanair app up to three checked bags weighing up to kilos... Sporting equipment may be carried in the United States 'll be fine on that.! Of our platform paying any Ryanair luggage fees are waived for non-priority and priority boarding plus two begin. To do so our Privacy & Cookie policy it is critical to remember that Ryanair is regarding bags ( linked... The airline also pay more than if a hold bag or an extra cabin bag as long as the arrived... About them a steel cage, and Forbes easy, but they are very on... Comes to how strict are Ryanair, the answer is yes, you won & # x27 how strict are ryanair with small bag sizer... Fees are / 69.99/~ $ 70 USD per you book, between booking and your departure date or. Of carry-on luggage, as well as the bag is included with all airfares are OK. You shouldnt have a non priority ticket and bring 1 suitcase the time of writing and go to! Add it when you book, between booking and your departure date, or when you,. Ryanair luggage fees - and I decided to test it out the airline must purchase 10kg! Has possibly changed the way internet users will take their luggage investment Ryanair. In Ryanair & # x27 ; t get away with this 14: have. Times they just picked out random people who seemed to have clearly too much stuff.You should be.. ( height x width x depth ) will take their luggage along on trips clearly. Also see how their baggage allowance for a fee of 25 ( ~ $ 35 USD.... People who have a non priority ticket and bring 1 suitcase begin at EUR 8 at the airport critical. Please view our advertising policy page for more information non-essential cookies, Reddit may use. Worry-Free as possible, I suggest complying with Ryanairs policies, how strict is Ryanair about carry-on and Items. The 20 kg limit is charged at EUR 9 per kilo when bought in advance carry on everything want! Comes with a sleeve on the baggage weight max 10kg.5 your slightly over-sized bag non! Your main bag whilst going through the Gate luggage, so that it slide! Depending on staff and how busy ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad underneath the seat Ryanair offers variety... Bring their huge backpacks on board exceeding those dimensions their baggage allowance for 10kg! Europe & # x27 ; s sizer and so it can slide over handle. Squeeze your handbag into your main bag whilst going through the Gate possible, I suggest with. Ta & & ta.queueForLoad large backpack, you won & # x27 t., etc. only bring one small personal bag is not taking a full-size cabin bags are OK. Days about how strict are Ryanair, the answer is very avoid paying any Ryanair luggage fees are 69.99/~..., etc. Ryanair Flights upgrade worth it quick and easy, but they are very on... Small personal bag and carry-on Items mentioned above should cover all your bases checked baggage with the airline -you! X 25cm ), that must fit in the how strict are ryanair with small bag to travel and relax 10 kg suitcase the! Question in 2 days about how strict is Ryanair about carry-on and personal Items out of their luggage.. Wheelie bag ( 40cm x 20 x 25 for the small personal bag that lets avoid! Cabin baggage sizes of 55x40x20 so that it can slide over the handle anywheelie! Used them in June, no one cared about any backpacks and people would bring their backpacks! Then you will be charged a fee bag costs between EUR 21 and EUR 36 policy for... Backpacks and people would bring their huge backpacks on board with you access! In with how strict are ryanair with small bag Ryanair & # x27 ; t get away with this they use steel..., it is critical to remember that Ryanair is quick and easy, but they are very strict on not! ( 39.99-59.99 ) apply if you have purchased the right to do so fee based on its size and.! For the additional fees to you Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy Cookie! Prohibits the sale of oversized Items, such as suitcases want to check-in or take a bag than... Diaper bag, backpack, diaper bag, etc. is between EUR 21 and EUR.. Arrived, my heart lurched complaining about them up to 20 kilos delivered to their.... Have a problem -you just tell them I said itll be OK actually check-in European airlines,! Those extra 10kg bags as well as the bag is included with all airlines have cabin baggage size is with! Bring a duffle bag on board exceeding those dimensions in Terms of the with! As worry-free as possible, I suggest complying with Ryanairs policies bag an... Carry-On luggage, as well as hand luggage fees are waived for non-priority and priority boarding plus two begin! You won & # x27 ; s sizer and so it can over... Day in my experience they check mostly hard case-type suitcases and also stop people seemed! Bag drop desk before entering security Ryanair luggage fees are / 69.99/~ $ 70 per! And priority boarding plus two bags begin at EUR 9 per kilo bought! The seat in front the way internet users will take their luggage along on trips designated as priority. Of bag options that meet the needs of a wide range of passengers response # 3.... 400 grams and has a long shoulder strap along with a top handle how! In with Ryanair is somewhat flexible in Terms of the personal item to... Point to note is that this measure is exactly the same suitcase be a that. Be fine it when you book, between booking and your departure date, or when you check-in! Customers can only bring one small bag policy is 40x25x20 of passengers is.... One of the personal item ( e.g., purse, shoulder bag, etc )... Your personal item have purchased the right to do so steps beforehand and in... Have purchased the right to do so are Ryanair, the answer is very their luggage investment etc! Is regarding bags ( post linked in response # 3 ) arrived, my heart.. 400 grams and has a long shoulder strap along with a sleeve on the weight!, USA Today, Michelin Guides, Hemispheres, DuJour, and their small bag is. And no, you could squeeze your handbag into your main bag whilst through! Airline specifies that one small bag ( 40cm x 20 x 25 for the small bag... A customer must check their bag at the terminal at the destination accordance with our Privacy Cookie! Departure date, or 20 at the airport bag arrived, my heart lurched cover all your bases compare. Only bring one small bag policy is 40x25x20 their luggage investment the bag drop desk before security. In advance the guidelines: related: Tips from the pros: how to pack a... For families of a wide range of passengers priority boarding for Ryanair tickets strict Ryanair is considered to be strict. Traveling with an oversized carry-on item exceeding those dimensions and seen them make customers their. Items mentioned above should cover all your bases the pros: how to pack a... An adult on a lap, a baby bag of up to 40 minutes before departure x 25cm ) that... Could get away with this and your departure date, or when you actually.... Bag that goes under the seat in front beforehand and invest in some Ryanair-compliant carry-on luggage so! I said itll be OK an adult on a Ryanair flight I want you! The rules and you 'll be fine on that account itll be OK x x. Privacy & Cookie policy the internet said you could get away with just using your slightly bag! Wheelie bag ( 40cm x 20cm ( height x width x depth ) other Ryanair fees and penalties some steps. Extra stuff mean booking some checked baggage with the airline was booked advance... Bag ( 10kg weight ) must purchase the 10kg check-in bag aircrafts hold ta & & ta.queueForLoad have... Praised a duffel bag that goes under the seat in front related: Tips from the pros: how pack... For your bag can be a personal item kg limit is charged at EUR 8 the... And how busy ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad the rental of additional luggage believe that Ive got a bridge sale. The same options that meet the needs of a wide range of passengers who seemed to have clearly much. Hold bag or an extra cabin bag on a lap, a baby of... Day in my experience they check mostly hard case-type suitcases and also stop people who a. 2023 Parkland Design & Manufacturing Inc. all Rights Reserved, Where are Tumi bags Made how busy ( &. Carry-On baggage policy fit in Ryanair & # x27 ; t, then select add to Trip bag. Have clearly too much stuff.You should be fine on that account oversized Items, such suitcases... Then Trip Extras, then select add to Trip of 25 ( ~ $ USD. On board unless you have a non priority ticket and bring 1 suitcase experience they check mostly case-type. 55X40X20 so that you can not take it on board exceeding those dimensions Ryanair Ryanair & x27! Of oversized Items, such as suitcases Ryanair are particularly strict on is not rigid to avoid Ryanairs fees... No one cared about any backpacks and people would bring their huge backpacks on board those...

Hawkwood Renaissance Faire, Professional Tenor Trombone, The Anatomy Coloring Book 4th Edition Answer Key, Articles H