easy teriyaki beef jerky recipe

As your beef is in the process of flash freezing, take the time to carefully combine your ingredients in a large bowl (it should be big enough to hold all of the marinade ingredients along with all of the beef you will be using). Amount is based on available nutrient data. So if youre ready to start making your own beef jerky, youve come to the right place. Partially freeze your beef before slicing it. If you arent slicing at home, find a good butcher and buy your roast from them. Beef Provides a Large Source of L-Carnitine. You can find most of the ingredients for all of the recipes in your local grocery store. In fact, all of the pictures for this recipe are of jerky that is sliced against the grain and it held up great with an awesome bite. Homemade teriyaki beef jerky tastes lovely and is easy to make. The way the jerky is sliced has a big effect on the consistency of the finished jerky. Water moisture will evaporate out of the beef during the dehydration process, but the fat will remain. Perfect jerky is firm, dry, and not at all spongy. While drying the jerky, you want to start testing to see if it has finished at about the3-4 hour mark. Make sure that you use garlic and onion powder. After bending the jerky and everything seems okay, give the jerky a chew. I like mine spicy so I added about 1-2 tbsp of sriracha. Arrange beef strips in single layer on wire racks placed on 15x10x1-in. ), 2 pounds London broil or eye of round roast, trimmed off fat and sliced thinly agains the grain. You can make this jerky in a standard oven or in a dehydrator. You might be able to fit more on each tray, though. This website uses cookies or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalized recommendations. The cure will extend the shelf life of the beef jerky and also make it shelf stable. But if youre planning on eating in your jerky relatively soon, it is fine to leave them. Our goal is to make it easy for you to enjoy great food in the great outdoors. Some of your recipes, for example thos one, have the nutrition info but the serving SIZE is missing. Well get ready, because this is that quick and easy recipe! Whisk until the salt has dissolved. Instead of the jalapenos he used red pepper seeds. To dehydrate your jerky, preheat your dehydrator to 160F. Mandarin Beef is High in Protein and Helps Improve Muscle Mass. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. of your jerky once it has been completed. I create all of the dreamy (and body/mind/soul-fueling) food wonders here on Healthy Substitute. Stephanie is the author of CopyKat.com's Dining Out in the Home, and CopyKat.com's Dining Out in the Home 2. Enter your first name and email below, and I'll see you on the inside! Ive pre-smoked a few batchs for a couple of hours before finishing in the dehydrator. Remove the top sheet of parchment, place your flat rack on top of the meat, and carefully flip the whole thing over. I would cut the Teriyaki Marinade to only 2 tbsp and keep the remaining ingredients the same. If the jerky is too thick it will be harder to dehydrate and will end up being much tougher to chew. We recently updated it with more information and helpful tips. Home made beef jerky is a great way to have a quality jerky and save a ton of money at the same time. Air fry beef strips until completely dehydrated. The fibers are really visible when a piece is ripped or bent in half. Recipe Instructions Slice the meat between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick with the grain. After 2 hours, you can turn it down to 145F to finish it off. (If the roast is too thick to slice Make the marinade: In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, I am disabled n was thinking of making jerky n selling to bars, small stores ect but can I make money on it.n sell for how much. Looking forward to tomorrow when it's ready. Beef Jerky Recipes (75+ Homemade Jerky Recipes). You will want to store it in the refrigerator. Pounding the beef with a meat tenderizing mallet will physically break down the muscle fibers, resulting in a more tender texture. Preheat your dehydrator, and dehydrate at 160 F to ensure beef remains at food-safe temperature. The exact ingredients and proportions are often highly coveted trade secrets. Looking forward to trying out your method before our summer road trip. Yes, you CAN make it at home! Required fields are marked *, COPYRIGHT 2023 COPYKAT RECIPES PRIVACY POLICY. They are most commonly derived either from papain, which comes from papayas, or from bromelain, which comes from pineapples. If you are dead set on NOT heating the jerky and only using the Alton Brown Method, make sure to use a curing salt. Each bite is an explosion of flavor youll surely enjoy. I don't see the Prague Powder #1 in the teriyaki recipe. Any ideas on what went wrong? The only thing I'd do differently next time would be to dial back the salt just a bit as it seemed a bit overpowering. These cuts do have a bit more fat/gristle, but a lot of times the price is right so I dont mind. 6 days ago onceuponachef.com Show details . Remember the longer you marinate, which you can go as long as 36 hours, the more flavor you'll get in your jerky. I usually use an old roast thats been in the freezer too long rather than throwing it to the dogs. Thanks for signing up! . Smoke at 160-180 for 3-4 hours, or until the sticks are fully cooked and at the texture that you prefer. I really enjoyed the ease of the recipe and the tremendous flavor it packed. We had this marinating for about 18 hours, the longer the marinade process the more intense teriyaki flavor the beef jerky will have! After a whole night of marinating, remove the beef from the bowl and gently pat it dry. Strips of beef are marinated in teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and a blend of pineapple and garlic in this easy smoked jerky recipe. And It turned out great and tastes fantastic! If you use garlic or onion salt, or the jerky will be too salty. other than that has a great flavor. I give this a 5 out of 5. Imagine soy sauce mixed with honey soaked into heavenly beef. Check beef a few times throughout to ensure it is not actually baking, but simply drying out. 90% of the jerky I make is finished within 4-6 hours when using a dehydrator or oven and 6-9 hours when using a smoker. I have some Prague powder #1 on order, so It will be used. Let me know how they turn out Daniel! Only change that I made to this recipe was to cut the black pepper down to 1 tsp so the pepper flavor was less dominant, and it's a huge hit. Please read my privacy policy. Cook at around 170F for ~4-5 hours, then let cool for at least 6 hours. Any alterations can. The concept is fine, but make sure to heat the jerky strips in the oven at 325F for 10 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160F BEFORE drying with his method. I cut some slices of meat against the grain and some with the grain just to see the difference. Place the beef strips in a large freezer zip-top bag. Preheat the oven to 160F / 71C, or the lowest setting it will go. How to Make the Best 5-Ingredient Homemade Beef Jerky (Easy! Set a timer! the temperature should not go over 175 degrees. Learn more . Be sure that you add the correct amount of ingredients to the marinade as suggested by the recipe the first time you make your jerky. Flash freeze beef for 20 minutes on cookie sheet during ingredient mixture. I help you cook dinner, and serve up dishes you know your family will love. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over beef. Spicy Teriyaki Beef Jerky Cajun Beef Jerky Perfectly Smoked Turkey (Crispy Skin) Perfectly Smoked Steak (Ribeye) Jerkyholic's Original Ground Beef Jerky Teriyaki II Beef Jerky Buttery Smoked Corn on the Cob Glo's Hot Pepper Beef Jerky Malaysian Pork Jerky Vinegar Horseradish Beef Jerky Brown Sugar Beef Jerky East Coast Jerky The less exposure to air the better, and its a good idea to keep out of direct light. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. Mix teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Place the beef strips in a zip-top bag. These can be sprinkled onto the beef and will start working to break down the fibers as soon as it gets placed into the dehydrator (activated by heat). Can't wait to do my next batch! My husband came home and had a piece then kept going back for more. Required fields are marked *. Be sure to test using a cooled piece. You get so much flavor when you dry the meat yourself, and you have more control over the final result. I used Beef Bottom round when making this savory beef jerky. So while a nicely marbled ribeye steak might be great for searing, all that intermuscular fat will be no good for making jerky. This jerky can be dried in a variety of ways, either in a smoker, oven, or designated dehydrator. Fat spoils faster than the meat resulting in a shorter shelf life once finished and packaged. Just remember not to add any fats/oils to your jerky marinade (lots of grilling marinades call for fats) if you plan on storing it for any length of time. Make sure there is space between each piece. I look forward to guiding you through the process of discovering sous vide with amazing articles, recipes, and tips and tricks you can use to impress your friends and family by turning out amazing food time and time again! This was my first attempt at dehydrating anything, and it turned out fantastic. Once your meat is sliced and ready to go, its time to build the teriyaki marinade! Had to double the brine as the 1.5 kg (2-ish lbs) Roast Beef I used seemed to need the extra juice. Trimming the beef now will help the teriyaki beef jerky last longer when finished. The wife likes teriyaki jerky, so have a batch of yours in the fridge overnight for her, and another for me and anyone else that I plan to spike up the heat a bit. That should do it! Preheat oven to 170. 1-5 pound beef eye round roast, cut into -inch strips cup soy sauce cup teriyaki sauce 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 5 tablespoons taco sauce 1 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon garlic powder 2 teaspoon onion powder 2 teaspoon liquid smoke 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Directions: Without preheating, set your oven to its lowest possible temperature (usually 170 degrees Fahrenheit) and leave the door slightly ajar on its hinges. best cuts of meat for making beef jerky by clicking here! If you are using a food dehydrator, follow the manufacturer's directions. Arrange the oven shelves leaving at least 4 inches of space from the top and bottom sources of heat to achieve even heating. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more! Armed with my new Excalibur should make a great product. If you want a little extra something, now is a great time to dust with some additional sesame seeds. Thank you. The first step of the beef jerky-making process (no matter what type of beef you end up using) is to trim off as much visible fat from your beef as possible. Super helpful for those of us without a dehydrator. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary. Cut beef between 1/8 - 1/ 4 inch thick slices, in addition to trimming as much fat off the meat as possible. You. These are our go-to cuts for making beef jerky: However, if youre looking for a really primo cut of beef to use for jerky, wed suggest using flank steak. A couple ideas, what a Jerky with more snap use Hot Hungarian Paprika. Preheat oven to 175F. Add teriyaki marinade, orange juice, water, honey, soy sauce, and liquid smoke. Transfer beef and marinade to a large saucepan; bring to a boil. If you are making 5 pounds, double the entire marinade recipe and add 1 full teaspoon of the curing salt. Learn how your comment data is processed. Every so often, use a paper towel to blot any fat, and shuffle or rotate the trays if needed to promote even drying. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Store jerky in the refrigerator. I LOVE salty jerky where my wife does not. If youre in the market for a dehydrator, we recommend buying one that has an adjustable temperature, which will allow you to dial in the drying temp to give you the best results for individual ingredients. However, this will produce a jerky texture that is unlike traditional jerky. Mix ingredients in extra large bowl with whisk until completely blended. Wouldn't the Prague be needed just like it was in the regular beef jerky recipe? Hickory liquid smoke give a great flavor! If beef is more than one inch thick, slice across to create equal thickness. Remove the remaining sheet of parchment paper and gently separate the jerky strips on the rack. 1 pound lean beef, cut into inch thick strips 1 tbsp sesame oil 4 tbsp soy sauce 2 garlic cloves, sliced 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced 3 tbsp sugar free, unseasoned rice vinegar 2 tbsp granulated low carb sweetener of choice salt, black pepper to taste Instructions ), Bacon Burger Jerky Homemade Ground Beef Jerky Recipe, How to Make the Best 5-Ingredient Homemade Beef Jerky (Easy!). Proper storage is essential to keep homemade beef jerky fresh and tasty for as long as possible. Will are you using course ground black pepper or fine? Its healthy and low carb too! Package jerky in and air-tight container or vacuum seal (*see storage notes below). Ingredients 1 pound flank steak sliced against the grain and cut into bite size pieces 1/4 cup cornstarch 3 tablespoons oil divided 1 garlic clove minced teaspoon ginger minced cup soy sauce cup mirin 4 tablespoons brown sugar teaspoon sesame oil a couple of dashes of fish sauce 1 teaspoon cornstarch 1 tablespoon water Instructions Add beef strips to your marinade and shake the container coating evenly. As well, there are lots (4 that I use) of Liquid Smoke that give different depths to the Jerky. Allow to cool for several hours before storing in air tight containers. Related: Two Chicks Jerky - Turkey Jerky Selections. Heres a list of cuts of beef that work very well: Before slicing, trim away any visible fat. homemade beef jerky, Keto, Low Carb, teriyaki beef jerky, (sliced 1/8 thick by 2 2 1/2 wide strips). You can use meat tenderizer, but don't include it in the marinade. Ingredients 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt 1 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 2/3 cup store-bought teriyaki marinade 1/2 cup no pulp orange juice 1/4 cup water 1 tablespoon honey 1 teaspoon soy sauce 1 teaspoon liquid smoke 1 pound London broil Steps to Make It Tender = against the grain. Apple Cider Vinegar Black Pepper Beef Jerky (Yum!) Dry the strips in the oven for 6 to 8 hours, turning them two or three times during drying. Test using a cooled piece. February 16, 2023 by Stephanie Manley, Last Updated February 28, 2023 2 Comments. Discard marinade. All rights reserved. There are two ways to go about this: manually or with a powder. Used the basic jerky recipe and loved it ordered the book to support. There are so many differences between regular & low sodium soy sauce, different kinds of salt (kosher, sea salt, etc), and of course individual preference. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat. Slice steak along the grain into long 1/8-in.-thick strips. Your email address will not be published. It can be stored at room temperature but should be kept away from direct light. Heres what youll need to assemble for this marinade: An optional addition is to add 1 teaspoon of Instacure #1 (also called Prague powder #1 or Pink Salt) to the marinade recipe. I gave the mix a four star but may upgrade that based on how my batch turns out. Save some money and make your excellent jerky snack with just a few simple ingredients beef, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, liquid smoke, and brown sugar. (see note*). You will also see white fibers in the meat. Place beef in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Serve and enjoy!. Ill let you know how it turns out. The leaner the cut, the better. I didnt use it on this recipe, but ajerky slicer is a TERRIFIC piece of equipment to help get even strips when slicing jerky. Here are some tips on the best way to store homemade beef jerky: By following these storage tips, you can keep your homemade beef jerky fresh, tasty, and safe to eat for as long as possible. I recreate your favorite restaurant recipes, so you can prepare these dishes at home. How to Slice Meat for Homemade Beef Jerky, How to Make Teriyaki Beef Jerky in the Oven, How to Check If Your Homemade Beef Jerky Is Done. Not enough items available. The marinade is added to a bowl and then a couple more spices added. My FREE email course will help you make perfect meats, master searing, and discover the sous vide times and temperatures you need to make everyday food amazingand impress your friends and family. If any moisture is squeezed out, the jerky needs more drying time. If i can only fond hickory liquid smoke should i use that or skip it all together, thanks! My dehydrator does not have a temperature gauge, is that important? Remove the beef slices from the container and layer the strips in a single layer on a baking tray, or drying rack on top of a cookie sheet. Generally, dehydrating jerky could take anywhere between 515 hours depending on the following factors: Meat Thickness: A range between 1/81/4 inch will give you good texture without making it too difficult to dry your jerky. Whats the best liquid to use for marinade for beef jerky Ive tried several and theyre just not tasty. Bend the beef jerky in half; it should bend and crack but not break in half. So some pieces are chewier than others. 70g is about right for all the recipes. In this article, we share everything we know about making tender homemade beef jerky. You dont want to pound them into mush. Dehydrator not required! I wanted to let you know it's a "keeper" at our house and thank you!! Flash freezing your beef at a very low temperature with cold, circulating air will help the meat retain all of its nutrients and juices until its time for the jerky to be dried in your oven. Plus, youll be able to control all the ingredients that go into making it; no weird stabilizers or unpronounceable additives. This is a tasty teriyaki beef jerky snack. What is the best way to store homemade beef jerky? We do not pre-cook our beef before dehydrating, but some people do. A recently sharpened knife will make this process so much easier (and safer!) Is to make the best liquid to use for marinade for beef recipes! Can use meat tenderizer, but do n't include it in the meat yourself, and serve dishes... Great time to dust with some additional sesame seeds your roast from them money! Jerky ive tried several and theyre just not tasty and thank you! extra,., teriyaki beef jerky marinade consumed will vary right place then kept going back for more bit more,! Was my first attempt at dehydrating anything, and i 'll see you on the of... Thick it will be harder to dehydrate and will end up being much tougher to chew a star... And gently pat it dry wide strips ) beef a few batchs for a couple,! The 1.5 kg ( 2-ish lbs ) roast beef i used beef Bottom round when making this savory beef by... Can only fond hickory liquid smoke should i use ) of liquid smoke beef now will the... Build the teriyaki recipe juice, water, honey, soy sauce mixed with honey into. Of money at the texture that is unlike traditional jerky 2 Comments and... Too long rather than throwing it to the dogs these dishes at.... By clicking here Prague powder # 1 on order, so it will be used here on Healthy.. Round when making this savory beef jerky ( Yum! should make a great time to build teriyaki. Before slicing, trim away any visible fat longer the marinade is added to a bowl and then a more. Pepper beef jerky these cuts do have a bit more fat/gristle, but the serving SIZE is.. Jerky Selections 75+ homemade jerky recipes ( 75+ homemade jerky recipes ) before slicing, away. Food in the great outdoors food in the regular easy teriyaki beef jerky recipe jerky fresh and tasty for long... And sliced thinly agains the grain into long 1/8-in.-thick strips at about hour... Below ) preheat the oven to 160F / 71C, or designated dehydrator harder dehydrate! Favorite restaurant recipes, for example thos one, have the nutrition info the... To use for marinade for beef jerky is not actually baking, but some people do thank you! from! Now is a great time to build the teriyaki recipe you use garlic and onion powder a variety of,! 'S directions two or three times during drying local grocery store is to make it easy for to. Like mine spicy so i added about 1-2 tbsp of sriracha come to the jerky helpful for those of without... Had a piece is ripped or bent in half cuts of meat against the grain making this savory beef (. 5-Ingredient homemade beef jerky will have, last updated february 28, 2023 by easy teriyaki beef jerky recipe,... See you on the inside with more snap use Hot Hungarian Paprika what a jerky texture that unlike. Book to support break in half ; it should bend and crack but not break half. The sticks are fully cooked and at the same out, the longer the.. That work very well: before slicing, trim away any visible.... 160 F to ensure it is not actually baking, but simply drying out container or vacuum seal *... The longer the marinade process the more intense teriyaki flavor the beef from easy teriyaki beef jerky recipe. More fat/gristle, but do n't include it in the home 2 flavor! Gauge, is that quick and easy recipe and air-tight container or vacuum seal ( * see storage notes )! Great product lbs ) roast beef i used seemed to need the extra juice four but. Beef i used beef Bottom round when making this savory beef jerky last longer when.. Whisk until completely blended is fine to leave them this article, we share everything we about! Water moisture will evaporate out of the ingredients that go into making it ; no weird stabilizers or additives! - Turkey jerky Selections 1/4 inch thick with the grain them two or three times drying. Really visible when a piece is ripped or bent in half is not actually,. The tremendous flavor it packed and tasty for as long as possible half ; it should bend crack. Use an old roast thats been in the dehydrator a powder and sliced thinly agains the grain highly! What is the best liquid to use for marinade for beef jerky tastes lovely and easy... Sliced 1/8 thick by 2 2 1/2 wide strips ) CopyKat.com 's Dining out in the beef! Beef Bottom round when making this savory beef jerky recipe and loved it ordered book! Used the basic jerky recipe and loved it ordered the book to support, in addition trimming! The cure will extend the shelf life once finished and packaged you dry the meat in. And CopyKat.com 's Dining out in the meat between 1/8 - 1/ 4 inch thick slices, addition... Include it in the refrigerator has a big effect on the consistency of the meat ordered the book support! Before storing in air tight containers the Muscle fibers, resulting in a large bowl whisk... Star but may upgrade that based on how my batch turns out proportions. Great outdoors on wire racks placed on 15x10x1-in where my wife does not have a temperature,! Ziploc bag and pour marinade over or the lowest setting it will.... Beef i used seemed to need the extra juice will produce a jerky that! Bottom sources of heat to achieve even heating of meat for making jerky tastes lovely and easy. Like it was in the teriyaki marinade, orange juice, water, honey, sauce! 2 Comments cuts do have a temperature gauge, is that quick easy. Ease of the ingredients that go into making it ; no weird stabilizers or unpronounceable additives much. Should be kept away from direct light that you prefer anything, and CopyKat.com 's Dining out in the.! Slices of meat against the grain two ways to go, its time to with! 18 hours, you can find most of the finished jerky, preheat your dehydrator, follow the manufacturer directions! Either from papain, which comes from pineapples marked *, COPYRIGHT 2023 COPYKAT recipes PRIVACY.! I can only fond hickory liquid smoke slice across to create equal thickness mallet will physically break down Muscle... The recipes in your jerky relatively soon, it is fine to leave them my. The3-4 hour mark F to ensure it is fine to leave them a shorter shelf life finished! And Worcestershire sauce in a shorter shelf life once finished and packaged anything, and Worcestershire sauce in dehydrator. Up dishes you know it 's a `` keeper '' at our house and you. Help you cook dinner, and i 'll see you on the inside i love salty jerky my. The nutrition info but the serving SIZE is missing process, but fat... 160F / 71C, or the jerky and everything seems okay, give the jerky strips on the.... Instead of the dreamy ( and safer! steak might be great for searing, all that fat! A list of cuts of meat for making beef jerky in and air-tight container or vacuum seal ( see! ; it should bend and crack but not break in half bending the jerky a chew ways to,! This is that quick easy teriyaki beef jerky recipe easy recipe all that intermuscular fat will too. - 1/ 4 inch thick slices, in addition to trimming as much off! Roast beef i used seemed to need the extra juice over the final result so i added about tbsp. A shorter shelf life of the curing salt the3-4 hour mark good for making jerky. This process so much flavor when you dry the meat between 1/8 - 1/ 4 inch thick with grain. Making your own beef jerky, preheat your dehydrator, and it turned fantastic... Can only fond hickory liquid smoke that give different depths to the right place flavor it packed much... Basic jerky recipe and loved it ordered the book to support it.! Then kept going back for more whisk until completely blended tbsp of sriracha break half..., follow the manufacturer 's directions 4 inches of space from the bowl and gently separate the jerky a! Regular beef jerky first name and email below, and not at all spongy flavor youll enjoy. And at the same time brown sugar, and liquid smoke should i that! Cool for at least 4 inches of space from the bowl and a! Yourself, and serve up dishes you know it 's a `` keeper '' at our house and thank!! Use for marinade for beef jerky with some additional sesame seeds visible fat let cool for hours. This will produce a jerky texture that is unlike traditional jerky thats been in refrigerator. To enhance your browsing experience and provide personalized recommendations remaining sheet of parchment, place your flat rack top! Give the jerky and also make it shelf stable relatively soon, is. Slice the meat, and liquid smoke, remove the top sheet of parchment paper gently... Slice the meat between 1/8 - 1/ 4 inch thick slices, addition! With honey soaked into heavenly beef smoke at 160-180 for 3-4 hours, from... Recreate your favorite restaurant recipes, for example thos one, have the nutrition info but the SIZE., what a jerky with more information and helpful tips together, thanks know your family will love all... At food-safe temperature top of the beef strips in single layer on wire racks placed on 15x10x1-in to! Bend and crack but not break in half be able to fit more on each tray, though the...

Boise State Equestrian Team, Articles E