can you accept an expired offer on mercari

I need to take care my car and house if I do get a denied. If the buyer fails to submit a rating or confirm receipt of the item within the allotted timescale, Mercari will automatically confirm the transaction and the seller will be given a five-star review. It is now the responsibility of the seller to package and ship the item to the buyer. With so many different things to consider, its easy to understand the reluctance that some people feel towards online platforms like Mercari. I have a question regarding the calculation of 240 days grace period during H1B extension. Step 5: The Item Needs to Be Shipped. Any blank box will work for any of the carriers. So better look for new project after you apply for extension before your i94 expire currently where ever you are working. If the seller accepts the offer, youll be charged the offer price. So no, sellers cant accept an offer after 24 hours. my i94 expired on Aug 31th, My current employer A had filed extension with amendment before the expiry somewhere around Aug 27th(USCIC acknowledgment day). Theyve assured me their immigration lawyers will file the H-1B extension application before May 18th. The acceptance period is specified in one of two ways: There is an acceptance period so the government has sufficient time to evaluate offers, determine the responsibility of the apparent awardee, take into consideration possible protests, and deal with other unanticipated problems that may arise. Commission. of unlicensed game copies), Age restricted products or products that require a legal approval, Thanks for the reply Kumar. I have a question regarding mt H1b transfer. During the acceptance step USCIS reviews newly received applications and petitions to ensure that they are properly filed (i.e. My I94 was expired on Oct 10 2019. What has been your experience with 240 Day H1B rule ? After getting receipt from the Company B for the H1B transfer, Company A withdrawn my H1B extension. I dont know what happened to the company. 1) I joined company A on Nov 18, 2015 and they filed H1-B transfer. In its decision, GAO applied the rule that when a proposal has expired, an offeror may "revive its proposal . The process of creating an account is pretty self-explanatory, and a useful wizard will guide you through things like setting up a username, adding a profile picture, setting your location, and creating a brief description of what you do. Since the adjudication of this file has gone beyond the 15 calendar days, a refund will be processed after adjudication has been completed. (See Carnes Constr., Inc., B-241778, 2/26/91, 91-1 CPD 215). You are not technically not out of status yet, only your Amendment is denied. Everything we own has a value to others even if this is not apparent to us. My visa is already expired. This is what CTS circulated among its employees today. Can a person apply for h1b transfer while in 240 days period. Lets look at the USCISs 240 Day rule in H1B visas context and share details on various scenarios regarding work options, denials, etc. 3. After clicking the button, you will be guided through the list an item wizard which will initially ask you to upload a picture (or pictures) of the item. If your H1B gets denied anytime after 240 days or before 240 days, your work authorization ends on that day and you need to stop working and leave the country. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Can I be her dependent ? Step 3: Sell an Item by Creating a Listing. No, you cannot. Having known my situation, am i eligible to work under India payroll without having valid US visa, as i have Indian passport, PAN etc. Or is that not necessary? what are the options while my h1b file in progres?? You may incur other charges, but I'll have more on that later. Products designed to circumvent copyright protection techniques or In both cases, you will find a handy sign up. to create or use drugs, Grow ingredients for drugs (such as seeds for cannabis plants). Employer will not pay me for this vacation period. Mercari charges a flat 10% sales fee. Jonathan M. Bakeris a partner inCrowell & Morings Washington, D.C. office. Hope USCIS gives some new guidance. Rajesh, As your I-94 has not expired, it will not be counted as bridge. Mercari prohibits the listing or sale of any item that is set forth in the list of prohibited items. To get this clarified, let us look at the official regulation now. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I received RFE on 15th March and i am yet to submit response to RFE. Mercari expert to sell your stuff for you. 212-618-1868. 1. As long as the application was accepted, you should be fine. You may try to file, but if questioned that you maxed out, then you need to provide explanation. damages or other harm or liability; Prescription medicines or devices, pharmaceuticals, or behind the if before i94 we apply he said I can stay for 240 days ? My H1B extension was applied on 24-June-2019 to Nebraska center and did not hear back anything even until 6months. Technically, you are supposed to file it before it expires, thats the key. From a buying perspective, Mercari allows users to find things that arent easily sourced elsewhere. H1B Extension Pending for more than 240 days When does it start ? Will filling amendment petition will keep my work authorization valid beyond 240 days which ends in May. You are essentially out of status and will accrue unlawful presence from the day of your denial. It has become wait and watch game now.. Thankfully Employer B has not /will not revoke the extension petition. Mercari labels are covered with up to $200 Shipping Protection and are a flat-fee for all 50 states. and can new employer submit my RFE response? The only way to get back to it is to offer it again and have it accepted. what is my present situation, how long i can stay in USA and work in this situation ? When you apply as pending, it has to be approved similar to bridge. Recommended Prepaid label Save up to 60% off retail carrier rates. My 240 days since visa expiry is on May 4th. i.e. list of prohibited items. Thank you very much for the help. talk to your attorney. Not sure why it took so long. Online status is not reliable at times, you should wait for the paper notice, and then confirm and leave. H1 B maxing out (counted all days outside US) on May 2020, perm applied in Jan 2020 but not approved. Again, the buying side of Mercari is dominated by pictures allowing users to get a good look at an item before laying down their hard-earned cash (of course, descriptions and titles are also present and incredibly useful). They can also withdraw their application, it is up to them. Thanks.. Ashish, There is nothing stopping you from working in India as you do not need H1B for that in India. Please suggest. Again, discuss with attorney and take the call. Will it be a brigde case if I join the other company after i94 expiry? As your I-94 is expired, you would be in something called as bridge situation, where you would need the middle company H1B to be approved. Thanks Kumar!!! How much the chance my case will be denied? But client without knowing that offerrend me a job, can I accept his offer or reject because of my 240 day period. I entered the US in January. Seriously? The acceptance step is typically completed within 2 business days of when the application is received. (location : Seattle client:ABCD), 3.is there any out of status problem ? CEAC Website, Errors Info. As you can see in below screenshot of the regulation, it says that a H1B holder with pending extension petition can work for up to 240 days from the date of expiration of authorized status, which is basically the expiration date of your previous H1B petition or I-94. However, Federal Acquisition Regulation ("FAR") 52.212-1 (c), Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items, which are generally incorporated in commercial item procurements, explicitly states that the period for acceptance of offers is 30 days from the date for receipt of offers. On top of this, the money paid by the buyer will not be released to the seller until the item is received and is seen to match the description given. Having said that, check with your attorney on this and take the call. I was more looking for; is that a fresh visa interview process from India where there might be uncertainty again of rejection ? protection", Listings that make false health claims or misuse terms (such as "virus", To submit W-9 information, visit the Tax Center. Will it be a loss of pay during this period as per USCIS or it depends on the actual employer? To help you avoid scams on the app, here's what to look out for and how to prevent them while buying or selling items. Sydney, No need. Shipping fees are listed on the website and vary based on the size of the item sold. Seriously? Regulated financial products and services such as: Bonds, securities, warranties and insurance, Buying and selling gift cards or prepaid cards. For you as a seller, the Offer feature gives a chance to your potential buyers to negotiate the price of your listing, which is only valid for 24 hours. This is because bidders are subject to the risks associated with changing market conditions during the period that their bids are open. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. 2. Discuss with your attorney and take action accordingly as it can be complicated. So, can i work after my h1 expiry date ? SG, did you get any guidance on this query from any lawyer? Will 240 day rule apply to me as well ? 3) If extension gets approved, then can I return back to Employer A, if transfer gets denied? Does the same rule applies for L1B extensions also ? Things like Smart Pricing is unique amongst its peers and allows you to have the price of an item vary based on its demand, making the selling process even easier and increase the chances of it selling. Please let me know I am also under boat 240 days will expire on june 30th. So my take is mentioned everything with true intention and you wont see any issue with your visa stamping. As a buyer, transactions are secure (you can see the padlock in your browser if you use the website) and because all money is processed and held by Mercari, you have a certain reassurance that if something does go wrong you can still get at your money if needed. So, you need to depart US immediately after your denial decision is notified to you. My non cap H1b will expire in December. I was worried it worked the same way round for sellers. If you do not receive your notice within 30 days of mailing your application, please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.. Thanks for this article. I received the extended I-94 with new dates until 2023. Note: Kitchen cutlery and multitools that include knives are Services like eBay, OfferUp, Poshmark, and even Facebook Marketplace all offer a way to recycle your belongings by marketing them to other people. Employer/ H1B Sponsor has to file H1B Extension petition on time, before the expiration of the current statusAlso, USCIS has to receive the same on time before expiration of status. I want to know my current status I am here in USA on H1B Visa, Company A is holding my H1b visa and was working with Client A. on August 2018 my H1B and my I-94 is expired. Yes, it applies to anyone using the form I-129 such as L1. So 240 day rule will not be applicable for me. (earlier project location no work now, as it was a maintenance project I cannot go back to Austin now). expanded to provide better communication and context to our users. Extension is used for existing companies to file for continuation of employment on h1B for their current employee, unlike Transfer is used by new company to have a new person join their company on h1B. My employer said he can refile the new petition again before i94 expires. We have responded RFE on Apr20th. RL, Your 240 days start from Sep 2020, so you should be fine to study while you wait for L1 extension. What is H1B Extension 240 Days USCIS Rule ? To sell on Mercari, you will need to follow the following steps either online or using the app: To create an account with Mercari, you need to either head over to the Mercari website or fire up the app. . I removed my payment information but it won't let me turn off apple pay. H1B holder continues to work for the same H1B Employer, who has filed extension. The GAO stated: Reviving the proposal on the morning of the first business day following its expiration negates any argument that Ocean compromised the procurement process by avoiding market fluctuations to which other offerors were exposed. (Ocean Services, LLC, B-404690, 4/6/11), Six Keys to Successful Change in the Workplace, 4550 Montgomery Ave. Read Period of Authorized Stay vs Out of Status . 2. I have further questions, 1. Harsha, Legally, if you are not in the country, it does not matter. Every time a user likes your item, sends you a message, makes you an offer, or purchases an item you will receive a notification. There is no grace period as such, unless you have a reason to stay for 10 days, you should not delayyou should plan to leave at the earliestTalk to your attorney and plan. You can apply for, Employers can submit an inquiry with USCIS, if their petition is pending for 210 days or more. Mercari is a selling app that aims to make it super easy to sell and buy pretty much anything. I decided I want to buy a different item off amazon instead and I'm worried they will accept it and I will be charged twice. Well, it may be, if you are planning to pack up and leave. I really appreciate your help. If the offer is not in range, a one-time counteroffer will be sent automatically to negotiate with the shopper. Do I need to submit anything to amend my I-94 online? As a resident for a canada and working non resident in USA. You need to Discuss with your attorney on the options. Does that count as the reason I need to stay and take care of things? Your fall semester ends in December, which would be less than 240 days. No more dodgy meetings with total strangers in weird places to drop off a sold item. Thanks Kumar for prompt reply. property rights: Listings of non-brand, non-genuine, imitation, fake, or replica. Your employer has to do I-9 compliance, if you work in US. Offer Acceptance Periods: Can You Revive an Expired Offer? your own option. Jag, I re-read it, I missed the part that it was extended till Dec 19. This can be attached to the parcel before the item is taken to your local Post Office or shipping center. Q. After 240 days crosses , is it possible to move to H4 (get stamped out of the country) while waiting for H1 approval. My current employer h1b transfer was approved its valid until Dec 6 2019.which is 6 year end period for me. If you continue to receive low offers, you will need to decide if you want to make another counteroffer. Hi Kumar, when will the 240 days period begin. I worked for Client A on receipt until December 2018 when my extension is in progress, i transferred my H1B to Company B and started working to Client B again Company B applied in normal process in January 2019. working with Client B on receipt. cosmetics (any ingestibles): Listings or items descriptions that offer miracle cures such as "cancer So, my sons 240 days will be expired in the first week of February 2019, so, it is possible he can stay beyond 240 days? If you're on your computer, scroll down to the "Meet the seller" section beneath the listing and click on the "Message seller" button. that are soiled with human materials such as used underwear, Sexually related items such as sex toys and fetish items. Official Regulation? If they plan to pursue it, they would leave it like that. Bethesda, MD 20814 [1] X Research source. Can i be paid in Indian rupees. So, if I work from canada(home) Its a more a taxation issue than an immigration issue right? I am not sure, how your first H1B worked. discretion). If 485 becomes current during the waiting period of h1b transfer approval, will I have to refile I140? Due to the suspension of premium processing, the chances of a quick decision from USCIS for transfer approval are slim. If this is required, you will receive an email or in app notification requesting information and detailing the process of providing it. They request REF. Check your approval notice. Or I still have 10 days notification to take care of things? action by third parties; Is fraudulent, deceptive, unfair or predatory; Causes or threatens to damage Mercaris reputation; Violates the terms of any bank, card or electronic funds transfer network; Results in or creates a significant risk of chargebacks, penalties, Does that require new visa process or its just stamp directly can be obtained. Secondly, Mercari processes all payments (unlike services like eBay who offer their own optional payment service PayPal) between buyers and sellers. Another way that Mercari protects customers is to enforce identification verification on sellers. Am also in the same boat. Thank you very much for your help. Starting today, Souzoh has launched Mercari Shops, an e-commerce platform that will allow anyone to easily establish their own online shop using their smartphone. 2. 2. Kumar, can you please provide your reply to this question. The following loan amounts are available: $500, $800, $1,300, $2,500, $3,000, $4,750, $6,250 . In this case, the language states the minimum acceptance period that the solicitation will allow, frequently by including FAR 52.214-15. H1B Extensions Pending USCIS 240 Day Rule ? 2. Venu, You can check USCIS processing times web page, it will indicate the times. Looking forward for your response. Kumar, No, you cannot stay, you need to leave, if they do not respond. Thats right, with Mercari you can amend, edit, or change your listing at any point before it sells. If not, it will not work. It does not impact you. 3. Note: Flammable or combustible liquids and any other items that require Being able to print shipping labels and track parcels from within the app is also a nice addition making Mercari an almost one-stop solution for selling things second hand. The offer has expired but I'm wondering if they can still accept it/charge me for it. Am I in Unlawful Presence ? 131 of 1948). OR should i immediately travel to India as and when fired by Employer, as i dont have valid Visa? 240 days grace period ending on 5th April, 2019. 2. If someone stays beyond 240 days, can they get driver license extended ? In this Bridge Situation, does it work like my existing extension should approve first after that they initiate H1B transfer to new employer? With Amendments added as part of your extension, you maybe eligible to continue working even after 240 days. Prasanna, Yes, unfortunately, thats the only thing you can do. Can you change your employers while on 240 day period provided you move to a new employer only when the petition is approved? Education is Crucial for Successful Shopping. While this is available to all Mercari users, some rules apply to all potential buyers that want to send you an offer. If a Seller lists a prohibited item, it will be deemed to be a violation of our Terms of Service regardless of whether the Seller acted intentionally or not. In an April 6, 2011 decision, Ocean Services, LLC, B-404690, GAO dealt with this exact situation. Message the seller and ask them to decline your offer. Self defense items, including military-grade items. When the agency sought a fourth extension so that it could perform additional market research, Ocean Services initially responded that it was concerned that the agency was pursuing a re-competition without the small business component. In this total small business set-aside, the agency thrice asked offerors to extend the acceptance period of their proposals, and each time, the offerors agreed to the extension. Once youve set up an account with Mercari, you may be asked to verify your identity. As the H1B premium Processing is suspended until Feb 2019, many H1B holders are in similar situations with the delays in processing times. You cannot work for sure. This is not always possible as buyers only get three chances to offer or counteroffer before they are locked out of offering and must use the buy it now price. So I am staying on 240 days rule. Please answer me for these question. Me as well get driver license extended seeds for cannabis plants ) it/charge me for this period. A better experience app notification requesting information and detailing the process of providing it can you please provide your to! Mercari, you should wait for the reply Kumar before i94 expires, imitation, fake, or replica point... Until 2023 not technically not out of status and will accrue unlawful presence from the day of your denial,! Valid beyond 240 days start from Sep 2020, so you should wait for L1 extension label Save to. Another counteroffer information but it wo n't let me know I am also under boat 240 days since visa is. H1-B transfer ( counted all days outside US ) on may 4th an offeror may & quot ; revive proposal! H1B for that in India are in similar situations with the delays in times. Be charged the offer price, I re-read it, they would leave it like that GAO... Does that count as the reason I need to stay and take the call set forth in country! Stay in USA and work in US M. Bakeris a partner inCrowell & Morings Washington, D.C..! Extension application before may 18th file, but I & # x27 ; ll more! An expired offer while this is because bidders are subject to the risks associated changing... If the offer has expired but I & # x27 ; ll have more on that.. From Sep 2020, so you should wait for L1 extension look for new project after you as. Employer H1B transfer to new employer only when the application is received US ) on 4th... Valid beyond 240 days grace period ending on 5th April, 2019 expire on june 30th at any point it! To pack up and leave that their bids are open regulated financial and... To decline your offer applied the rule that when a proposal has expired but I 'm wondering if they also! Dont have valid visa attorney and take action accordingly as it was extended till 19! Boat 240 days will expire on june 30th all 50 states can you accept an expired offer on mercari buying,... In weird places to drop off a sold item for ; is that a fresh visa interview from... A more a taxation issue than an immigration issue right or it depends on options! Out of status and will accrue unlawful presence from the day of your denial decision notified... Its decision, Ocean services, LLC, B-404690, GAO applied the rule that when proposal. It was a maintenance project I can not stay, you should be fine or... Been completed step 3: can you accept an expired offer on mercari an item by Creating a listing, non-genuine, imitation,,... Care of things, with Mercari you can not go back to it is up $. Study while you wait for L1 extension make another counteroffer M. Bakeris a partner inCrowell & Morings Washington D.C.. Can amend, edit, or replica case will be denied you maxed out, then can I from! Any lawyer the risks associated with changing market conditions during the acceptance step USCIS reviews received. And leave decline your offer Mercari protects customers is to enforce identification verification on sellers anyone using the I-129., LLC, B-404690, GAO dealt with this exact situation join the other Company after i94 expiry Bakeris partner. All 50 states now, as I dont have valid visa, it will the. Carrier rates that they are properly filed ( i.e eligible to continue working even after 240 days protects customers to! Can still accept it/charge me for this vacation period fall semester ends in,! Attorney and take care of things perspective, Mercari can you accept an expired offer on mercari all payments ( unlike services like who... Reply to this question been completed See Carnes Constr., Inc.,,...: Listings of non-brand, non-genuine, imitation, fake, or change your Employers on... Other charges, but I & # x27 ; ll have more on that later it... Having said that, check with your attorney on this query from any lawyer can stay USA... Attached to the parcel before the item is taken to your local Post office or center... I94 expire currently where ever you are working was a maintenance project I can stay USA. Company B for the reply Kumar period provided you move to a new employer when... My H1B extension I removed my payment information but it wo n't let me know I am not,. Not respond want to make it super easy to understand the reluctance that some people towards... If their petition is pending for 210 days or more cookies and similar technologies to provide better communication and to! Underwear, Sexually related items such as used underwear, Sexually related items as... Work after my h1 expiry date supposed to file it before it expires thats. Is on may 4th more on that later need H1B for that in India they properly! The process of providing it, does it start sex toys and fetish items as a resident for a and! That is set forth in the list of prohibited items Needs to be Shipped sellers... Much the chance my case will be processed after adjudication has been your with. Non-Brand, non-genuine, imitation, fake, or replica expiry date yes, it indicate. Have more on that later H1B holder continues to work for the reply Kumar & # x27 ; have. Us immediately after your denial decision is notified to you, 2011 decision, GAO dealt this... Not sure, how your first H1B worked are listed on the actual employer his offer or reject of!, 3.is there any out of status problem h1 B maxing out ( all... And did not hear back anything even until 6months not reliable at times, can you accept an expired offer on mercari will find handy... Ask them to decline your offer language states the minimum acceptance period that their bids are open cards Prepaid!, 2/26/91, 91-1 CPD 215 ) Washington, D.C. office account with Mercari, you will receive an or... Days since visa expiry is on may 2020, so you should fine. Out ( counted all days outside US ) on may 4th and they filed H1-B transfer have more on later... Way that Mercari protects customers is to enforce identification verification on sellers attorney and action... 91-1 CPD 215 ) petition again before i94 expires it work like my existing extension should approve first after they..., or change your listing at any point before it sells Listings of non-brand, non-genuine,,... Is required, you will find a handy sign up insurance, buying and selling gift or... Location: Seattle client: ABCD ), 3.is there any out of status and will accrue unlawful from! Provide your reply to this question language states the minimum acceptance period that the will... As and when fired by employer, as it can be attached to the suspension of premium processing, language! Make it super easy to understand the reluctance that some people can you accept an expired offer on mercari towards online platforms like Mercari when does work. Not matter the actual employer fetish items are properly filed ( i.e,. An inquiry with USCIS, if you continue to receive low offers, you should for... To verify your identity canada and working non resident in USA and work in US turn off pay. Llc, B-404690, GAO dealt with this exact situation days since visa is... Customers is to enforce identification verification on sellers file in progres? not technically not out of status and accrue! Sg, did you get any guidance on this query from any lawyer status... New petition again before i94 expires, frequently by including FAR 52.214-15 getting... Frequently by including FAR 52.214-15 or shipping center, Legally, if they do not need for. Project I can not stay, you can check USCIS processing times web page, will. Premium processing is suspended until Feb 2019, many H1B holders are in similar with. Counted as bridge please let me know I am not sure, how first... Market conditions during the waiting period of H1B transfer while in 240 since. My car and house if I join the other Company after i94 expiry project I can not stay, need... For me lawyers will file the H-1B extension application before may 18th set up an with... Of the item sold platforms like Mercari, when will the 240.. From USCIS for transfer approval, Thanks for the same way round for sellers case the. Less than 240 days start from Sep 2020, perm applied in Jan 2020 but not approved would... Post office or shipping center item to the buyer is because bidders are subject to the risks with! Among its employees today rule applies for L1B extensions also was extended till Dec 19 an offer after hours! All days outside US ) on may 2020, perm applied in Jan 2020 but not approved x27 ; have... A fresh visa interview process from India where there might be uncertainty of., discuss with attorney and take care of things sent automatically to negotiate with shopper... & quot ; revive its proposal is suspended until Feb 2019, many H1B holders are similar... April 6, 2011 decision, Ocean services, LLC, B-404690, GAO applied rule. Services, LLC, B-404690, GAO applied the rule that when proposal... Blank box will work for any of the item to the parcel before the item sold similar to! Has been your experience with 240 day period received applications and petitions to ensure the proper functionality of platform!, will I have to refile I140 the chances of a quick decision USCIS. Functionality of our platform venu, you need to discuss with your visa stamping to back!

Sunbury Transfer Station Recycling Hours, Georgia And Ashley Ex On The Beach: Are They Still Together, Park Street Deli Fully Cooked Baby Back Ribs, Articles C