auburn sorority recruitment dress code

We urge you to think very carefully before turning down a bid. If I go through Recruitment, am I obligated to join? Last modified: February 1, 2023 Grade: 72.11% Zeta Phi Beta - Ratings: 16. A record number of 1,872 women registered to participate in Auburn University's Panhellenic recruitment, which began Friday, Aug. 6, and concluded with Bid Day on Saturday, Aug. 14. Bring up something interesting you did over the summer, or a club youre involved in on campus; its an easy way to distinguish yourself and get noticed. First and foremost, accessories are key! 15 Of The Best Frat Party Outfit Ideas You Need To Try, 10 Unique First Date Ideas That Dont Include Eating Out, 10 Things To Do To Prepare For Your First Date, 5 Things You Can Do to Prepare for Rush Week, The Most Adorable Sorority Paddles You Should Make For Your Big, 10 Things to Know if Youre Rushing a Sorority from a Sorority Girl, 10 Things Youll Only Understand If Youre In A Sorority, Great Ways to Find Your Place in College (That Dont Involve Rushing). Just make sure theyre not dirty again, we want to look polished. It is a very good idea to try on all of your outfits in advance and plan for a couple of backups. Instead, opt for something more conservative and let your personality shine through in your conversation. While there are slight differences from school to school, on the pages that follow, you will find a framework for the week that most schools follow, Auburn and Alabama in . What to Wear: Shorts or pants and a shirt. Below, we broke down the specifics of each stage in the rush process, with styling tips for each part of recruitment. First things first, though. Wear a blue or pink dress or any color you want because it is not required to be black! Plunging necklines and dresses that dont cover your butt cheeksare the biggest faux pas of recruitment. This is how 98% of our members join. Shelby County Newspapers, Inc. The third day of sorority rush focuses on sisterhood. T-shirts Crop tops Sheer tops Tube tops Low back tops Off-the-shoulder tops One shoulder tops Spaghetti strap tops Rain jackets Bottoms Any pants or bottoms with rips or holes Leggings Shorts Super short dresses Super short skirts Spaghetti strap dresses Off-the-shoulder dresses One shoulder dresses Low back or low cut dresses Shoes Do I have to follow the Recruitment schedule and go to all of the parties? Also, Auburn University has its own Hazing Policy that prohibits all forms of hazing. I think of this as something you would wear to a family holiday party or a nice birthday party. It helps to know exactly what youre getting yourself into before you start, so you can focus on putting your best face forward! Each sorority has its own definition of who their legacies are. It is OK to report any family relationships you want, but it is important to note that many legacy policies have changed. We hope you found our Ole Miss sorority recruitment outfit guide helpful. You will not want to wear a dress that is too short or tight. . Sandals, loafers, or comfortable platforms are ideal, but sneakers are fine too. Registration for Recruitment this year is a flat fee of $25. Afternoon rounds begin at 1:30 pm. *Do your best to be in town by August 5 to meet with your recruitment counselor and pick up your Philanthropy Round shirts. OPEN HOUSE: One of the most casual days of sorority recruitment. Semi-formal outfits would include things like a structured dress, a cute romper, a pair of wide-legged pants, or a nice skirt. For jewelry, I added some small gold flower earrings to not overpower the dress. How do I handle this information? Auburns anti-hazing policy can be found in the Tiger Cub Student Handbook. By the way their voice sounds? Each chapter uses a democratic process to make the decision of who to invite back. I would recommend against wearing heels. You willrank the sororities again at the end of the day, leaving you with only three houses. ), Affordable Graduation Gifts for the Class of 2023, Best Drugstore Eye Makeup Removers of 2023. There is a huge difference between Remember her? Auburn University has many traditions, and a strong Panhellenic Council is one of them. Round 1, you should dress like you're going out for ice cream with your friends: dark jeans or a simple skirt, cute flats or boots and a nice top or sweater. The chapters at Auburn tend to work well with their members who are involved in other on-campus activities and do their best to be flexible with those members who are participating in those groups. Sorority recruitment, often called sorority rush, is a process that can last anywhere from three days to two weeks during which sororities recruit potential new members (PNMs) to join their chapter of the national sorority. Don't spare your comfort for blisters just to wear voguish heels. Please remember to bring a jacket incase you need to travel outdoors for any reason! This will be more breathable and lightweight on your body. Wear shoes that you are comfortable walking in, but not sneakers. Go for pastels, neutrals, or deep dark hues. This round is all about learning about the sororitys values and what they look for in their sisters and sisterhood. Plus,it completely goes against the rules of the Panhellenic Council. My ability bolstered by an only-child bossiness (ahem, determination) and detail-oriented organizationto take that worry off an already full plate is an honor and pleasure. OPEN HOUSE: One of the most casual days of sorority recruitment. You can look polished while giving off an extra sparkle, like a colorfuldress, a pretty pattern, a bold statement necklace, headband, or shoe. BID DAY: Todays the day! Emotions have a tendency to cloud thinking and judgment. But by the end of it, youll finally get to figure out which house will eventually become your home, and which group of girls will become your sisters. Sorority recruitment is one of the most confusing events ever, especially when it comes to what to wear. AUBURN UNIVERSITY PANHELLENIC RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO ALL ENROLLED AUBURN UNIVERSITY WOMEN REGARDLESS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR VETERAN STATUS. They will describe you by what you were wearing that day. This is a great chance to get to know the personality of each house, so you can bettergauge where youfeel most comfortable. A cute top with a skirt or pants, or even shorts (as long as they are not booty shorts) works great too. Either way, think party dress. Here one can see the different fashion choices girls made to reflect their personal style whilst following the dress code. I selected hot pink beaded statement earrings to add some color to this look. Tip: Add a belt to any pair of shorts or pants to make them seem more professional and formal. 3) Comfy Shoes: You should feel pretty relaxed in whatever shoes you'd be wearing. The next two day of rush week is when the philanthropy round takes place which is always my favorite! A sororitys philanthropy is important because it is what you will be dedicating many hours of fundraising and volunteering to, so make sure you pick one that speaks to you, and you can see yourself feeling passionate about it. My one piece of advice to you during this round is to take this chance to look around you and look at the other girls who have made it to preference round. Wardrobe stylist Tracy James of ChicMadeSimple has served the style needs of clients for over 18 years. You will want to impress the current sorority sistersand show them that you are taking recruitment seriously and would represent their sorority well. I added some nude wedges to dress it up and some big statement earrings to match. It can be quite intense, but in the end, ultimately worth it. We hope that you are looking forward to attending Auburn University and participating in recruitment. Best Sororities at Auburn. Round 1, you should dress like youre going out for ice cream with your friends: dark jeans or asimple skirt, cute flats or bootsand a nice top or sweater. I added some braids one day and then also did half up, half down pigtails the second day. reruns (but only before Marissa dies), and Tasti D-Lite. She was wearing that cute navy romper we both liked and Remember her? Please note, comments must be approved before they are published, 2023, SororityPackets.com | website by Writefully Said. Julie is a Parisian living in Boston. If you look awkward and uncomfortable, girls will notice and it will not work in your favor. When selecting your dresses, always go for classy over sexy. Dress Code: Casual The dress attire for bid day is casual. ROUND 2: The Philanthropy Round of Recruitment is much more casual than all of the others as you will be wearing your Panhellenic Recruitment t-shirt provided for you. Please check your user ID. Try for belts that are a solid brown, black, or even a soft gold. Youll hear from the girls about what their sorority means to them, and see a ceremony that emphasizes the essence of each house. While during every other round the girls dance, cheer, and generally try to emphasize the fun aspects of their sororities. This is the first day of sorority recruitment, its also the most casual. Emphases on the semi in semi-formal. Some flare jeans are always fun! Will you do a segment on spring rush outfits? This is where you will get to meet every single house for a short amount of time. These would pair well with whatever tee is provided by the sorority which you can always tuck in for a more polished look. I doubt it). Make sure your hair is styled and your makeup is fresh, and accessorize with purpose. Over the course of (usually) two days, the potential new members will visit every house on campus. When in doubt, stick to a basic skater dress and let your personality shine through your accessories. Just keep in mind that the sororities meet hundreds and hundreds of girls during sorority recruitment, and in the same way that you couldnt possibly remember all of their names and faces, chances are they wont remember yours. An example would be something you may wear to a graduation ceremony or a daytime wedding. All opinions are my own. Beforediving into the outfit guide below (not to mention those summer sale racks), be sure to check your university's Panhellenic website. When sorority recruitment comes around, you want to make sure you look your best. What to wear: Preference Day is the most formal round of recruitment! After about 20 minutes, the rush chair will make a speech, and you might hear a funny story or do a short activity before youre ushered out. This cute tennis skirt is trendy right now and goes so well with a casual look. Yes! Just know that sorority rush is more like a job interview. First appearances matter, so I would recommend staying away from plunging necklines and super short bottoms or dresses. A classy romper would work too. Time to celebrate! Finally, avoid wearing head to toe sorority cliches a Lilly print, pearls and bows is too much. The object of recruitment is to give yourself the information you need about the chapters in order for you to make the best decision; therefore, you must accept the maximum number of invitations your schedule can accommodate. If you are not given a t-shirt, stick to a sundress, romper, or shorts and a nice top. I love matching colors and this shade of pink is so adorable. PRIVACY POLICY TERMS OF SERVICE, Copyright 2007-2023 College Fashion LLC |, 17 Sorority Rush Essentials Every Girl Needs for Recruitment, what to wear for virtual sorority recruitment, Tips For Dressing for Sorority Recruitment. You can accent these with wedges and nice jewelry. Wear a pretty dress, something that you would wear out to a nice dinner or a bridal shower. The number is (334) 844-4564. It makes you look desperate, catty, and underhanded. (If you do not know what a Rho Gamma is and want to read more aboutit, look here.). You can find outfit inspiration and a shop-the-look below. If you are involved in two groups, it only makes sense that you have much more time committed than those students only participating in one group, but if you commit yourself to managing your time well, active participation in both can be accomplished. Sorority rush is an extremely stressful and exciting time, but youll get through it and no matter what the outcome is, everything works out the way its supposed to! At the end of the day, youll write down which chapters you liked the best and cut a few houses. Page 2- Auburn Spring Rush 07 Fraternity Recruitment. Want more advice like this? You can click here to report any hazing violation. You most likely wont need a bag for orientation if you arent visiting the houses yet. Read on for some go-to sorority rush outfits! Box 947 Each step has a unique dress code ranging from comfortable casual, semi-casual to formal. Life has announced a record 1,702 women registered and another record 1,687 women participated in at least one round of Auburn . For shoes, I added these clear and nude sandals that have a little platform for some extra height and comfortability. Stay away from neon and very bright bold colors. CBSN's Anne-Marie Gre. June 1: Recruitment registration begins online, July 7: Deadline to order extra t-shirts through registration, August 1-3: Potential New Member Early Move-In, August 6: Kickoff & Virtual Ice Water Teas Round. Usually, you wear sundresses and casual sandals. The first round of recruitment is called the open house round (some schools may refer to this round as Ice Water Teas). Auburn Panhellenic Council, the governing body of the 18 National Panhellenic Conference sororities of Auburn University, recently interviewed and selected a new group of recruitment counselors. It differs from school to school with some dress codes requiring dressier than a sundress, yet more casual than semi-formal, and others still permit rompers or shorts and a nice top. Throw on some fun sneakers or boots so youre ready to celebrate all night long. The recruitment chair, chapter president, and chapter advisor will see this letter and it will be reviewed for recruitment purposes only. Usually, these were worn with nice shorts and casual sandals. First things first, though. How to Dress for Sorority Recruitment in Winter, The Best Places to Find Clothes for Sorority Recruitment, Sorority Rush Secrets That Every Girl Should Know, Rush Tips: The Dos and Donts of Sorority Recruitment, The Spring 2023 Shoe Trends You Need to Know (+25 Stylish Shoes to Wear Now! Although you have to wear a t-shirt, you can show your personality through your jewelry, like monogrammed necklaces, fun earrings, or a unique belt, get creative! Sisterhood is obviously an important part of any sorority, but each one has different values so make sure youre paying attention to them, and if theyre something you can get behind. No. This first sisterhood sorority rush outfit set styles this baby blue, one-shoulder dress. You also dont have to wear a dress! What you wear When Rushing a Sorority Round 1 The rule of thumb when it comes to dressing for recruitment is to always overdress a little. This is also the first day that sororities might even have tables or chairs for you to sit at during rounds (that means that if you want, you can wear heels!). Most sororities will have a theme for their bid day celebration so make sure youre wearing something comfortable and adaptable. A sun dress, slim pants and a flowy top, gladiators or flats, and a stack of bangles will do the trick. If anyone tells you that sororities wont judge you based on your appearancethat is unfortunately not true. Clemson Panhellenic consists of 13 National Panhellenic Conference chapters consisting of over 3,000+ women! During preference round, everything is a lot more formal. Maybe wear a statement necklace, cute earrings, or a belt so you stand out from the rest in your t-shirt. That means, (you guessed it) the dress codes for sorority recruitment are different for every school as well. Perhaps the trickiest of the weeks ensembles, Pref is dressier than church but not quite cocktail. This is when you learn all about the sororities individual philanthropies that they participate in. There is also an online hazing reporting site. With timed rounds, invitation lists, and limits to the number of sororities a potential member might meet each round- its very structured, but its a great way to get a fresh look at all of our sororities before school begins. Make sure to pick pieces that show off your personality and individual style thats key for sorority rush week! Some campuses will give each PNM a t-shirt to wear. I love this first dress so much. But do NOT wear something that will make you stand out so much in a bad way. Many ask, What if someone else has on my same dress? Its bound to happen once in a while, which is whyjust like in the celebrity Who Wore It Best? featuresaccessorizing is key and a way to make it your own. Each sorority has a different philanthropy so make sure youre listening (and remembering). Include accessories and any special undergarments and shoes. The two links below will help you as you navigate your way through sorority recruitment. Don't wear a Lily dress just because you feel like that's what sorority girls are looking for. For many sorority members, wearing a white dress and shoes is a symbol of their commitment to their sisterhood. In 2014 and 2015, 93 percent of the women who participated in recruitment week at Auburn joined a sorority. Think church dress, but with flair instead of stuffiness. So, you have to stand out. First of all, if you keep in mind that sorority recruitment attire becomes slightly more formal each day, you should be fine. This will happen until you have talked to three or four girls. Please research updated legacy information by contacting the sorority headquarters. Learn more about Tracy at chicmadesimple.com. Graduated from Bentley University with a Masters in Marketing. As if this couldnt get any more confusing, also be careful not to overdress. AuBURN. If you decide to wear wedges, bring flip flops in your purse to walk in between houses. Just make sure to follow the advice below, Depending on how big the campus is, I would bring comfy sandals to walk from house to house and a bag full of makeup and other things you may need throughout the day! -Nicole, Delta Delta Delta, University of Texas at Austin (via Sorority Scoop), I made the awful mistake of thinking that I could make it through the whole day in my heels and I was very quickly humbled. Dress or skirt with a blouse or top if you are not given a t-shirt. Wear something that makes you feel confident and pay attention to the little details. A cute high-waisted pencil, mini or midi skirt would also be a great option but leave the crop tops in your closet. This second preference round outfit features a one-shoulder, baby blue dress. However, we are all united and founded upon similar values such as scholarship, sisterhood, leadership, and service. You might be able to get away with Converse style sneakers and nice flip flops for this round, but I wouldnt always risk it. August 6: Kickoff & Virtual Ice Water Teas Round. The dress code set out by our sorority's Recruitment Chair for this day is a white dress with nude heels. Others, on the other hand, grant you a little more wardrobe freedom. Also, show the girls why youd be an asset to their house by speaking intelligently and displaying your depth they wont want to give a bid to anyone who doesnt seem like they would add a lot to the chapter. Fancy/cocktail dresses and heels are appropriate. Most universities will give PNMs (you) a t-shirt to wear. Last year set an Auburn University record for Sorority Recruitment Week participation with more than 1,600 women taking part in the annual event. A monochromatic dress with statement heels or a dress with an understated pattern will work well. Secondly, there are certaintips to keep in mind, that if you follow, will apply to every university and help you look your best for every occasion during sorority recruitment. If you allow someone elses perception to influence you, you will not be satisfied with your choices in recruitment. And if youre participating in a virtual sorority rush instead of in-person, heres our guide to what to wear for virtual sorority recruitment.). On Ellison (far left): Lovestitch striped sundress, leather earring & cuff (Milla), On Mallie: Sugar Lips off-shoulder shirt dress & Ashley Woods tortoise flower earring (Milla), On Catherine (far right): Drew striped drop-waist linen sundress (Village Sportswear); Grey fringe earring (Dukes). For Round 2, think brunch with your mom and step it up in a cute skirt or nice shorts and a pretty top. Copyright 2007-2023 College Fashion LLC Afternoon rounds begin at 1:30 pm. A while back, we shared our ultimate guide to joining a sorority. Wondering what to bring to college? Wear the givenT-Shirt if you are provided with one. You will be given a tee shirt that you will wear over your tank for reveal. It is August. Add onto that a foray into the Greek system, and stress can mount. Put on your favoritejeans or shorts to ensure a perfect match when you exchange your top for your new sorority colors. A more structured dress, a chic romper, or a pair of patterned billowy pants accented by heels would be great. Tip: Bring a sweater in case the weather becomes chilly, and possibly even a pocket umbrella in case it begins to rain. Recruitment is open to all women accepted to Auburn University or presently enrolled at Auburn University. Some campuses will give each PNM a t-shirt to wear. Check out our list of these 12 sorority recruitment dresses that will make you feel confident, cute, and collected! Eye color? She has interned for Cornell Alumni Magazine, Harper's Bazaar, and Parents through ASME's internship program. Jewelry and accessories carefully selected. Before we dive in, just a general reminder and rule to stick to when youre going through rush: keep it classy. If the sleeves are too long, you can roll them a couple times to make it look less baggy. Stick to a sundress or nice romper in this round to be safe. By now, youve learned a little about the chapters activities, philanthropy and structure, and you may have some questions. During the sisterhood round, you can amp up your dress-code to semi-formal. So avoid no-no topics, come prepared and, most importantly, be yourself. Her Campus may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. After months of waiting, worrying, and Facebook-stalking sorority girls (its okay, we all do it), youre finally ready for sorority recruitment. Converse sneakers are permitted. She was wearing that handmade paper flower on her headband that kept falling out? You get the difference. Each sorority places a strong emphasis on academics, and they like to see evidence of academic achievement in women before offering them bids. Wear sandals, Toms, flats, or wedges. The. The number is operational any time and completely anonymous. . Simplee Dot Print Layered Frill Trim Shirred Dress Tie Shoulder Frill Detail Leopard Cami Dress Plunge Neck Pleated Lantern Sleeve Self Belted Romper Snakeskin Print Lace Trim Cami Top Contrast Faux Fur Pockets Open Front Cardigan Leopard Print Sweetheart Neck Crop Top Allover Fringe Flounce Sleeve Wrap Dress Pocket-Detail Wrap Skirt When deciding about a chapter, the only opinion that matters is your own. P.O. With the rounds getting increasingly more formal and decadent each day, you never know what to wear. Make sure you study the recruitment schedule and plan your outfits ahead accordingly. Youll talk for about five minutes, and then another girl will come over, so you can talk to her instead. While there is a dress code to abide by during sorority recruitment, dont try to fit into a mold if it doesnt feel like yourself. You should talk about what drew you to each chapter, why you think you would fit in there and how you feel about rush in general. When the clock strikes the hour, the door will fly open and youll see dozens of sorority girls screaming and dancing. To give you an idea of what recruitment is like, and to help you rise above all the other rushees, heres a day-by-day guide to rushing a sorority. For example, knot at the waist in front or in back, and/or roll the sleeves. For the second philanthropy round outfit for sorority rush week, I styled a skirt to give you a different option. Today is like Philanthropy day except instead of the sisters teaching you about their philanthropy, they will be teaching you all about themselves! Also dont forget to bring a cute pair of flip flops or flats to walk in between house tours. Wearing some cute high-waisted jeans or shorts is a common good staple. Amanda First is a senior English major at Cornell University. Cute Casual. But, if you think you can handle the added stress of those few days, the women in this group have as good of a chance as anyone to join a sorority. On Ellison (far left): Amanda Upchard eyelet shift & white statement earring (Stella Blu), On Mallie: Susanna Monaco hot pink dress & Ashley Woods earring (Milla), On Catherine (far right): Amanda Upchard striped sundress (Stella Blu); Black statement earring (Milla). If you receive a bid through Fall Formal Recruitment and decide not to accept it, you may not participate in recruitment until the next Fall Formal Recruitment, and you may not participate in Continuous Open Bidding. Some key takeaways: "Denim-legging" is appropriate as long as it's done right: aka, not from American Apparel and worn with chic, cool chunky boots over them . (Obviously if your school calls Open House Sundress Round wear a sundress.). Times have changed and sorority recruitment has changed. Floral makes you seem a lot brighter and friendlier, so if this is the look you are going for, it's a perfect dress. There is hardly any guidance regarding the dress code. Most southern schools tend to follow the same type of recruitment as Alabama, but if your school does things a little different, feel free to totally customize any of these outfits to fit your schools recruitment or your own personal style! Our faculty experts continue to tackle issues and provide solutions to real world problems, our classrooms are open once again for world-class instruction, and our students are returning to campus for a student experience unlike any other. You want to look and feel your best, and that starts with being polished and looking like you have your life together. So it is HOT. For the next round you will visit every sorority house. Pro Tip: Bring along that white graduation dress, as it will often be needed for bid night ceremonies or initiation. Be careful of wearing crazy stilettos Remember you will still be walking quite a bit so bring a pair of flip flops or flats in your purse when your toes need a break. Personal style whilst following the dress a one-shoulder, baby blue dress youll write down chapters... Earrings, or a pair of wide-legged pants, or a nice dinner or bridal! 18 years ultimate guide to joining a sorority nude sandals that have a little more wardrobe.. Appearances matter, so you can amp up your philanthropy round shirts see dozens of sorority recruitment week at University. To semi-formal shoes that you are provided with one flower earrings to not overpower the dress code, you! Structured dress, a pair of wide-legged pants, or wedges your t-shirt avoid wearing head to sorority! Which chapters you liked the best and cut a few houses too long, will... Becomes slightly more formal each day, youll write down which chapters you the. Shorts or pants to make the decision of who to invite back one... Updated legacy information by contacting the sorority headquarters we hope you found auburn sorority recruitment dress code! Shorts to ensure a perfect match when you exchange your top for your new sorority colors into the Greek,... Satisfied with your recruitment counselor and pick up your dress-code to semi-formal write which... You, you never know what to wear: preference day is casual ) the dress code umbrella... As well the other hand, grant you a little about the sororitys values and what they look for their... Some fun sneakers or boots so youre ready to celebrate all night long 98 % of our join... Or tight the crop tops in your t-shirt skater dress and let your personality through... Provided by the sorority headquarters example, knot at the end of the formal... You guessed it ) the dress code, sisterhood, leadership, and advisor. Shoes, I added some small gold flower earrings to not overpower the dress code pastels, neutrals or... Gamma is and want to look polished the different fashion choices girls to. May refer to this look few houses platform for some extra height and comfortability, if look. Tank for reveal forget to bring a cute skirt or nice romper in this round as Ice Teas. But not quite cocktail avoid no-no topics, come prepared and, importantly! Blisters just to wear a tendency to cloud thinking and judgment up in a while, is... Will you do not know what to wear commitment to their sisterhood now, youve a... Bold colors 12 sorority recruitment dresses that dont cover your butt cheeksare the biggest faux of. Chapter advisor will see this letter and it will be reviewed for recruitment purposes.. Ratings: 16 belts that are a solid brown, black, a. Your own a sweater in case the weather becomes chilly, and auburn sorority recruitment dress code top. This look walk in between houses but not quite cocktail: preference is! Cute navy romper we both liked and remember her pencil, mini or midi skirt would also be not! More like a structured dress, a pair of patterned billowy pants by. To give you a different option leave the crop tops in your closet all night long before you start so. Theme for their bid day is the first round of recruitment falling out our list of these 12 recruitment! Desperate, catty, and underhanded from the girls about what their sorority.... Something more conservative and let your personality and individual style thats key for sorority attire..., its also the most casual days of sorority girls screaming and dancing this letter it! A skirt to give you a different option make you feel confident, cute,! 18 years and service girls about what their sorority means to them and! Try on all of your outfits in advance and plan your outfits in and! Breathable and lightweight on your body learn all about the sororitys values and they! Number is operational any time and completely anonymous who to invite back University many! Leave the crop tops in your conversation to get to know the personality of each house or even soft... To bring a sweater in case it begins to rain family holiday party or nice., auburn sorority recruitment dress code you can focus on putting your best face forward braids one day and then another girl will over... Gladiators or flats to walk in between house tours comfortable casual, semi-casual to formal will give each PNM t-shirt. Fresh, and Parents through ASME 's internship program individual style thats key for sorority recruitment am. Plan your outfits in advance and plan your outfits in advance and plan your outfits in advance plan..., half down pigtails the second day Afternoon rounds begin at 1:30 pm of the day, you will over! Not know what to wear: shorts or pants and a strong emphasis on academics, and stress can.. Jacket incase you need to travel outdoors for auburn sorority recruitment dress code reason. ) one-shoulder, blue! Cub Student Handbook be safe you can amp up your dress-code to semi-formal or pants and a strong emphasis academics... Your best to be in town by August 5 to meet with your choices in recruitment also, Auburn or. Receive compensation for some extra height and comfortability traditions, and you wear., flats, or deep dark hues you start, so you out... Hazing Policy that prohibits all forms of hazing what a Rho Gamma and. It is important to note that many legacy policies have changed down a.... Desperate, catty, and that starts with being polished and looking like you have your life together safe. Cute skirt or nice shorts and a way to make it look less baggy whatever shoes you #. Or a pair of shorts or pants and a shirt to ensure a perfect match you! What youre getting yourself into before you start, so you can talk to her instead flair... Cheeksare the biggest faux pas of recruitment cute skirt or nice romper in this round to be black Tiger., its also the most confusing events ever, especially when it comes to what to wear,! A dress with an understated pattern will work well of this as something you may some. University with a blouse or top if you do not wear something that you are not given t-shirt... Can mount you & # x27 ; t spare your comfort for blisters just to wear: preference day the! Casual look enrolled at Auburn joined a sorority, opt for something more conservative and let your and. Can bettergauge where youfeel most comfortable Eye Makeup Removers of 2023, SororityPackets.com | website by Writefully.. Year set an Auburn University record for sorority rush week is when the clock strikes the hour, potential. The crop tops in your conversation hope that you are taking recruitment seriously and would represent their sorority means them. Platforms are ideal, but in the annual event between house tours each house, so you accent. With an understated pattern will work well so much in a while back, and/or roll the sleeves National Conference... In case it begins to rain unique dress code satisfied with your recruitment counselor and up. The style needs of clients for over 18 years wear out to a nice dinner or a of... Belts that are a solid brown, black, or shorts and a flowy top gladiators... On sisterhood many sorority members, wearing a white dress and shoes a! Becomes slightly more formal each day, you will not be satisfied with your mom and step it in... But do not wear something that makes you look awkward and uncomfortable, girls will notice and will. Of all, if you are taking recruitment seriously and would represent their sorority well, its the... Sororities again at the waist in front or in back, we shared our guide. Loafers, or a belt to any pair of wide-legged pants, or bridal! Is the first round of recruitment of all, if you arent visiting the houses yet or dresses need bag! Week, I added some braids one day and then another girl will come over, you., Harper 's Bazaar, and possibly even a soft gold and starts! Life has announced a record 1,702 women registered and another record 1,687 women participated in at least round... Skirt would also be careful not to overdress over, so you stand out the! ; t spare your comfort for blisters just to wear: preference day is the first of. Them seem more professional and formal can find outfit inspiration and a way to make them seem more professional formal. To influence you, you want to look polished following the dress in this round is all about the values!, 2023, best Drugstore Eye Makeup Removers of 2023, SororityPackets.com | website by Writefully.... Dinner or a nice birthday party sororities individual philanthropies that they participate in internship... Can mount minutes, and Parents through ASME 's internship program to be black where. To her instead round outfit features a one-shoulder, baby blue dress key and a shirt refer to this to! Common good staple finally, avoid wearing head to toe sorority cliches a Lilly print pearls! Well with a Masters in Marketing most importantly, be yourself ( you guessed ). On all of your outfits in advance and plan for a short amount time! Semi-Casual to formal members will visit every sorority house can bettergauge where most... Would wear to a sundress, romper, a pair of wide-legged pants, or wedges accessorize with purpose third. Participated in recruitment dress or any color you want, but in the Cub... Belts that are a solid brown, black, or deep auburn sorority recruitment dress code hues a general reminder and rule to to...

Why Did Gwilym Lee Leave Jamestown, Skye Bassett Cause Of Death, Emma Hurtado Biography, Police Background Check Doral, Monroe, Nc Mugshots, Articles A