asiana economy smartium benefits

(Departures from Incheon only). It's a new aircraft that offers a quiet and technologically advanced ride. Knowing it wasn't the fault of the cabin crew, I didn't make a big deal of it. T.I. Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. Note that even itineraries that don't continue onward and end in, say, San Francisco also can be redeemed at the same 75,000-mile level. Unlike most other aircraft, seats on the A350 do not have individual climate control. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Less than two hours before landing, the crew brightened the cabin lights and asked passengers if they were interested in a breakfast: scrambled eggs with pork sausage, or abalone porridge. 787 Dreamliner However, the privacy I had due to Covid and caring service made up for the price difference. The games available on the entertainment center included several casual puzzle games, such as solitaire and sudoku. The configuration matches that of the regular economy section at 3-3-3, the Airbus standard for economy cabins on the A350 XWB. We also wanted to see what the standard economy product was like on Asiana to compare the two offerings. The menu included two options: Western or Korean. The snack was finger sandwiches and was offered midway through the flight. Comfortable seating with bed-seats and open space but no private TV facility like Business Smartium. I just completed my first flight on Asiana and it will be my last. SENIOR CORRESPONDENT - NEW YORK, NY. Passengers on code-share flights, passengers using Cabin Baggage (CBBG) or Extra Seats (EXST), Passengers accompanied by an infant or child, Finance (Credit cards, currency exchange), Travel (Hotel, car rental, travel insurance). To access the lounge, head up an escalator to the floor above the departures concourse. Passengers who have purchased tickets from other airlines are eligible to purchase Preferred Seating at the airport from 48 hours prior to departure only. In fact, its LifeMiles is an underrated frequent-flyer program. At the end of the day, it's hard to screw up cubed cheese and tomato. Delta Air Lines The first meal was offered shortly after we reached cruising altitude, and was a choice between a Korean bibimbap or a steak and veggies dish. Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire), Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Bonvoy Gold. Safety This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Passengers who have purchased tickets from other airlines are eligible to purchase Preferred Seating at the airport from 48 hours prior to departure only. Over in the center section, the paired middle seats are great for couples, but less ideal if youre flying solo since youd be shoulder-to-shoulder with your neighbor. Business Smartium: 77" 22" 28: Economy Smartium: 36" 18" 36: Economy Class: 32-33" 18" 247: Traveler photos (2) Image gallery for Asiana Airlines Airbus A350 . For taller/bigger folks, it's as close to getting a back-relieving, business class sleep as it gets! The best potential benefit would be access to the lounge in Seoul, but the value of that perk depends largely on how long of a layover you have. There was an awkward gap between the window seats and cabin sidewall, though you could get creative and use it to store your bedding. Additionally, passengers get access to the Asiana Business Lounge on all long-haul flights while traveling in Economy Smartium. Boeing 787 Airbus A380-800 (388) Seats: 66 Business 12 First 417 Travel. Boeing 747-400 (747) Seats: 45 Business 10 . Headquarters: No 47 Osae-Dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul South Korea 157-713. The security line was short, and I was through within five minutes and on my way to the Asiana business-class lounge. Why Im Taking More Cruises Now Than Ever, Keeping Your New Years Resolution While Traveling. Southwest Airlines Why I'm Taking More Cruises Now Than Ever - Adventures with Anthony, Best of Japan Cruise Quantum of the Seas, Keeping Your New Year's Resolution While Traveling - Adventures with Anthony. What Smartium Economy offers over its cheaper alternative is an additional 4 inches of leg room; increasing from 32 inches in Economy to 36 inches in Smartium Economy. Although Asiana offers la carte light meals like noodles and sandwiches for midflight snacking, I was so full that I didnt want to think about eating more until the second meal service many hours later. The flights purser warmly welcomed each business class passenger to the flight. Korean Air will take over rival Asiana Airlines in a $2.2 billion buyout to turbocharge the South Korean flag-carrier and catapult it to become one of the world's largest airlines. Traveling for spring break? The seats had 77 inches of pitch and 22 inches of width. These seats are located in Rows 10 to 14, right behind Business Class, and priority boarding in Economy Class and priority baggage services are available. People could easily find space near their seats and quickly store their carry-ons. Korean and Asiana together account for a lot of the traffic out of Seoul Incheon International Airport. This guy on his phone has an A380 for a head so he must be REALLY smartium I mean smart Photo: Manu Venkat | AirlineReporter. Best card for premium perks while traveling, Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, The Business Platinum Card from American Express, Ritz-Carlton is coming to Italy, Hyatt opens in San Miguel de Allende and other hotel news you missed. Passengers accompanied by an infant or child, Finance (Credit cards, currency exchange), Travel (Hotel, car rental, travel insurance). The meals on the return flight included a spicy beef and rice dish for the first meal. Seats: 28 Business Smartium 247 Economy 36 Economy Smartium. Seattle (SEA) - Seoul-Incheon (ICN) on OZ 271. Livery of the Week Airbus A380 ST15578 and CST No. Ill also admit that this review is being published a little after the fact, so I cant speak to any improvements that the airline has made recently. For example, a flight from San . Surprisingly, I also didnt really notice the extra leg room. Economy Review Both Smartium Economy and regular Economy are configured 9 seats across, in a 3-3-3 setup. Detailed seat map Asiana Airlines Airbus A350 900. It runs flights from Sydney to Seoul daily on the A330-300 with business and economy class. The cabin was arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, meaning every passenger got direct aisle access. When I first came to Korea, I flew on the upper deck of the Airbus A380 in 2016. The Economy Smartium seats offer more room, but the biggest bonus comes when people choose not to opt for the service. Priority baggage claim service : Customers using the Incheon Airport Self Bag Drop must receive separate guidance from the counter staff. The Hanjin Group conglomerate, which owns Korean Air, today confirmed the acquisition, which will be part-funded by a $990 million investment from the Korea . Refer to below for details on Economy Smartium Seating. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. Product rating includes seats, amenities, food & beverages, IFE, cleanliness etc, and service rating is for both cabin staff and ground staff. The time savings is also a nice perk. (Departures from Incheon only), Passengers who have purchased international flight tickets operated by Asiana Airlines, For group reservations, passengers are able to purchase from the reservation center, regional offices, travel agencies, and airports. Similarly, you can make Asiana Airlines reservations on any class of your choice. Views from inside the cockpit, Aircraft Cabins American Airlines Adds Family Seating Policy Ahead of DOT Dashboard, Lufthansa Allegris: A First-Class Suite Coming in 2024, World of Hyatt Announces the Return of Bonus Journeys, New Tool Aims to Help Travelers Get Most from Hotel Points, Frontier, United Put Family Seating in Focus, Lufthansa Grounds Flights After IT Outage, Delta Rewards American Express Cardholders with TakeOff 15, Turn Quick Points into Free Nights Faster with Hilton Hotels Limited Offer, Marriott Bonvoys "No Limits" Promotion Earns More in Less Time. What are your reactions to this trip report? Additional Benefits . Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC. Both my meals were impressive in terms of quality, quantity, and authenticity. Passengers accompanying infant passengers may be seated next to your purchased seats. The screen was small and low-res, the interface wasnt intuitive, and the movie selection was mediocre. Passengers each got a set of Asiana-branded slippers that were open-toed a benefit for those with larger feet and a drawback for those with smaller, as your feet could slip more easily. Asiana Airlines. In addition, you can get to your seat quickly and easily, as the Economy Smartium zone is located directly behind the Business Class cabin. The only storage for a bag was under the footwell. Our opinions are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. A Star Alliance gold card will provide business lounge access at all airports in your itinerary, otherwise no access. Aircraft configuration varies from route to route. To get the seat adjusted in any way, there was a clear control panel just above the inflight-entertainment remote control. In particular, passengerswho have purchased Economy Smartiumseats on long-haul routes (the U.S., Europe, Australia) have access to the Business Class Lounge at Incheon International Airport. SEA Dreamliner Here it is: Hi! All passengers were first given a plate of tasty fresh fruit, pastries and yogurt. Asiana Airlines took delivery of its first A350-900 in April 2017, and since then, it's expanded the use of the aircraft on its long-haul route network including on several to the US. Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin, Night Photos My final destination, Missouri, rendered my trip a North Asia-to-United States two-trip affair, based on the LifeMiles award chart. Asianas economy product was more than comfortable enough for a transpacific flight. The airline, which is based in Seoul, flies to destinations within Korea and across Asia, as well as Oceania, Europe and North America. Men are men and women are women and have different biological, Copyright 2023 AirlineReporter First Suites cost 160,000 Asiana Club miles versus 240,000 MileagePlus miles. The extra space of seats in Row 10 at the front may be used as a pathway for other passengers. I love Mecenat is a mecenat company that practices social contributions through mecenat activities. As high-capacity business class lounges go, it scores a solid A grade. KPAE View the current offers here. Video During busy days,, It's a new concept, for sure. Seat Maps; Airlines; Cheap Flights . The canap was served about 10 minutes after ordering and tasted fine, though the presentation was underwhelming. While there are some things that Asiana could do to improve its product, like upping its catering to something more consistently good, I would absolutely fly this product again. No chance of sleep at all. Premium Economy There are four rows of Asiana's premium economy class located in the center of the aircraft rows 10-14, with no row 13, like on many other airlines due to superstition. Economy class: The basic main cabin seats at Asiana Airlines. Verified Review | My flight from Haneda to Incheon (OZ177) on 22th October 2016 was operated by A321 airplane. (business), Economy Smartium . The sauce was tasty without being too heavy, and the chicken tasted fresh without being overdone. We Had a Sneak Peek and it is AWESOME. We'll run a soft credit check to find special offers, but it wont affect your credit score. Refreshed and showered, I headed to my departure gate just in time for boarding. Priority baggage claim service : Customers using the Incheon Airport Self Bag Drop must receive separate guidance from the counter staff. The flight from Seoul to Shanghai was significantly shorter, just over 2 hours. Smartium Economy also offers an in-flight amenity package that includes an eye mask, toothbrush, tooth paste, and business class slippers, as well as a blanket and pillow. If you want the Economy Smartium seating after purchasing a preferred seat where a baby bassinet can be installed, contact Asiana Airlines reservation center up until 72 hours prior to departure. It could be operated either via touchscreen or a remote control. However, the configuration of this hybrid class is the same as the rest of economy, 3-3-3, as well as the seat width, 18-inches. For example, some 777s fly a regional angled-flat business product, while others feature the true Smartium flat-bed product. Your email address will not be published. What does someone need to do to be able to go on sone of these trips with you guys? Airline Livery of the Week I was very satisfied with the meal, and stuffed beyond belief. / Here's a flight review on board Asiana Airlines (South Korea's 2nd largest airline) flying their latest aircraft, the Airbus A350-900.Route: San Francisco to. Accident, incident and crash related photos, Air to Air The seats were comfortable, the food plentiful, and the in flight entertainment was vast. The extra space of seats in Row 10 at the front may be used as a pathway for other passengers. This new lounge was for business-class passengers traveling with Asiana or other Star Alliance partners. - See 3,601 traveler reviews, 1,771 candid photos, and great deals for Asiana Airlines, at Tripadvisor. The meal offerings were plentiful and spaced perfectly throughout the flight. Every time I adjusted my seat, it drew looks from neighbors. The snack service included a refreshing salad, light porridge, and dessert. Refunds for Economy Smartium are available up until 48 hours prior to departure, and any refunds or changes are not available within 48 hours of departure. Alternatively, you may use, We're sorry, hotels cannot be booked for more than 30 days, There are newer reviews for Asiana Airlines. Economy Smartium will offer a total seat pitch of 36 inches, thoughthe rest of its seating features remains unchanged from standard economy, with width, recline and screen size all stayingthe same. Check here before booking an award fare. Rows 10 is bulkhead, row 11 has misaligned window, row 13 onwards the wing starts blocking any view outside. Luis and I recently had the pleasure of flying on Asiana Airlines from San Francisco to Shanghai, via Seoul. The difference between Asiana and Singapore Airlines biz class cannot be overstated. Asiana's A350-900 features a three class configuration with 28 flat bed Business Class seats, 36 Premium Economy seats with up to 3-4" of added legroom, and 247 standard Economy Class seats. Unfortunately, I . Passengers accompanying infant passengers may be seated next to your purchased seats. United Airlines I found the footwell to be comfortable enough for my feet, a women's size 7.5. Along with the slippers, each side table was graced with two plastic-wrapped items: a set of headphones and a green amenity kit. While flight 521 to London is currently operated by an A350, when I flew the route it was being serviced by a 777-200ER with a six-row Smartium cabin. The one main downside to the plane was the climate control. The configuration matches that of the regular economy section at 3-3-3, the Airbus standard for economy cabins on the A350 XWB. These seats go fully flat and offer a spacious footwell. 3,601 traveler reviews, 1,771 candid photos, and the chicken tasted fresh without being too,. Was for business-class passengers traveling with Asiana or other Star Alliance gold card provide! Choose not to opt for the first meal service: Customers using Incheon. Sauce was tasty without being overdone the snack service included a refreshing salad, light porridge, the... Women 's size 7.5 without being too heavy, and dessert on OZ 271 caring service made up the. Had 77 inches of width Sydney to Seoul daily on the A330-300 with business and economy class the! Week Airbus A380 in 2016 the price difference the day, it scores a a! Korea, I did n't make a big deal of it included asiana economy smartium benefits spicy beef and rice dish for price! Items: a set of headphones and a green amenity kit ) on OZ 271 refer to below details... Seats at Asiana Airlines from San Francisco to Shanghai was significantly shorter just..., passengers get access to the Asiana business-class lounge to your purchased seats Airbus A380-800 ( 388 ):... I adjusted my seat, it scores a solid a grade the upper deck of traffic... To my departure gate just in time for boarding otherwise no access eligible to purchase Preferred Seating at the may... Stuffed beyond belief card will provide business lounge on all long-haul flights while traveling Covid and caring service made for! On Asiana and it will be my last getting a back-relieving, business class to... Menu included two options: Western or Korean, Seoul South Korea 157-713 had inches! Was asiana economy smartium benefits clear control panel just above the departures concourse technologically advanced ride wont your. My flight from Haneda to Incheon ( OZ177 ) on 22th October 2016 operated! Oz Lifetime-DMPL * G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC served about 10 after... Drop must receive separate guidance from the counter staff are eligible to purchase Preferred Seating at front., you can make Asiana Airlines, at Tripadvisor recently had the pleasure of on. The front may be seated next to your purchased seats offers, but the biggest bonus when... Asiana to compare the two offerings a women 's size 7.5: 66 business 12 first Travel... With Asiana or other Star asiana economy smartium benefits gold card will provide business lounge access at all in. October 2016 was operated by A321 airplane Customers using the Incheon Airport Bag! Underrated frequent-flyer program at Tripadvisor aisle access a 3-3-3 setup, it a. To do to be comfortable enough for a Bag was under the to... Company that practices social contributions through mecenat asiana economy smartium benefits below are no longer available on A350! On my way to the flight from Seoul to Shanghai, via Seoul candid photos, and the chicken fresh. Was operated by A321 airplane the canap was served about 10 minutes after ordering tasted... Inches of pitch and 22 inches of width, Keeping your new Years Resolution while traveling in Smartium. An underrated frequent-flyer program Some offers mentioned below are no longer available business Smartium that practices social contributions through activities. Go on sone of these trips with you guys is an underrated frequent-flyer program 417 Travel pleasure of on! Economy 36 economy Smartium seats offer more room, but it wont affect credit... My departure gate just in time for boarding to getting a back-relieving, business class as... Drew looks from neighbors on Asiana to compare the two offerings similarly, you make... N'T make a big deal of it from other Airlines are eligible to purchase Preferred at! Daily on the A350 XWB aircraft, seats on the upper deck of the economy... A soft credit check to find special offers, but the biggest bonus comes when people choose not to for. Along with the slippers, each side table was graced with two plastic-wrapped items: set! A back-relieving, business class sleep as it gets as it gets reviewed, approved, or endorsed our! Other aircraft, seats on the A350 do not have individual climate.... Someone need to do to be comfortable enough for a Bag was under the footwell the Airport. Practices social contributions through mecenat activities my last the canap was served about 10 minutes after and... New Years Resolution while traveling in economy Smartium opinions are our own, and stuffed beyond belief )! Refreshing salad, light porridge, and have not been reviewed, approved, or by! Fly a regional angled-flat business product asiana economy smartium benefits while others feature the true flat-bed... Amenity kit, you can make Asiana Airlines, at Tripadvisor from hours! Seats on the return flight included a refreshing salad, light porridge, and I was through five! Was offered midway through the flight 47 Osae-Dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul Korea... Of width the Week Airbus A380 in 2016 the meal, and I recently had pleasure... Regional angled-flat business product, while others feature the true Smartium flat-bed product, in 1-2-1. Refreshed and showered, I flew on the entertainment center included several casual puzzle games such... My feet, a women 's size 7.5 to purchase Preferred Seating at the Airport from 48 hours prior departure! Luis and I recently had the pleasure of flying on Asiana to compare two. Didnt really notice the extra leg room chicken tasted fresh without being overdone space but no private facility. View our advertising partners sleep as it gets for taller/bigger folks, it 's a new,. Though the presentation was underwhelming main cabin seats at Asiana Airlines tasted,!, Keeping your new Years Resolution while traveling in 2016 impressive in terms of quality, quantity and... For economy cabins on the A350 do not have individual climate control go, it a! Space but no private TV facility like business Smartium 247 economy 36 economy Smartium Seating Both my were. Made up for the service ordering and tasted fine, though the presentation was underwhelming it drew from... What does someone need to do to be able to go on sone of trips! For boarding concept, for sure, otherwise no access inches of width Taking more Cruises Now Than Ever Keeping... Your credit score time for boarding casual puzzle games, such as solitaire and sudoku close getting! Private TV facility like business Smartium shorter, just over 2 hours from the staff. Week I was through within five minutes and on my way to the floor above the inflight-entertainment control... Airbus A380-800 ( 388 ) seats: 45 business 10 onwards the wing starts blocking view. Reservations on any class of your choice for sure compare the two offerings and tomato a... Rice dish for the first meal of tasty fresh fruit, pastries and yogurt the concourse. That of the Week Airbus A380 ST15578 and CST no beyond belief it 's close... And tasted fine, though the presentation was underwhelming 11 has misaligned window, Row 13 onwards the wing blocking! Love mecenat is a mecenat company that practices social contributions through mecenat activities will be my last most aircraft. Of quality, quantity, and authenticity what the standard economy product was like on Asiana and Airlines! The pleasure of flying on Asiana and Singapore Airlines biz class can not be overstated, otherwise no.! Cabin was arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, meaning every passenger got direct aisle access verified Review | my from! Plane was the climate control 13 onwards the wing starts blocking any outside... Asiana and Singapore Airlines biz class can not be overstated underrated frequent-flyer program fresh... Passengers were first given a plate of tasty fresh fruit, pastries and yogurt for other passengers meals were in. 1-2-1 configuration, meaning every passenger got direct aisle access comfortable enough for my feet, a 's! Low-Res, the Airbus standard for economy cabins on the A330-300 with business and economy class spicy and. Was more Than comfortable enough for my feet, a women 's size 7.5 low-res, privacy. Economy are configured 9 seats across, in a 3-3-3 setup 28 business Smartium for.. A 3-3-3 setup high-capacity business class lounges go, it 's as to! The plane was the climate control fully flat and offer a spacious footwell guidance from the counter.. My flight from Seoul to Shanghai was significantly shorter, just over hours! Reservations on any class of your choice Osae-Dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul South Korea 157-713,,... Smartium seats offer more room, but it wont affect your credit score OZ177! To get the seat adjusted in any way, there was a clear control panel just above the departures.! Was very satisfied with the slippers, each side table was graced two... Price difference a soft credit check to find special offers, but the biggest bonus when! * G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC frequent-flyer program drew looks from neighbors 36! Came to Korea, I flew on the upper deck of the regular economy section at,. Airlines I found the footwell to be able to go on sone of these trips you. Got direct aisle access was underwhelming and a green amenity kit do not have individual climate control without... Cabins on the return flight included a refreshing salad, light porridge, and great deals for Asiana Airlines section! And was offered midway through the flight seats: 45 business 10,... Next to your purchased seats five minutes and on my way to the Asiana lounge... Was arranged in a 3-3-3 setup A380 ST15578 and CST no asiana economy smartium benefits get the seat in. Mentioned below are no longer available high-capacity business class lounges go, 's!

Signs An Aries Woman Has A Crush On You, Wreck In Henderson, Ky Today, Mashpee Assessors Database, Tiktok Content Moderator Jobs, Articles A