280 inch bull elk

That is knowing if the bull sports a 320, 340, 350, 360 or a super 370-plus B&C gross rack can be a practical and quick judging system in the field. It hits harder than the .30/06 and even the old .300 H&H Magnum without as much recoil as the .338. Ammunition can be found at every small-town hardware store across America. Because Winchester didnt insist on the caliber being proprietary, anyone could load and chamber for it. cannot measure up to the .338 Win. Elk wont care one way or the other so long as you use a suitable bullet and park it properly. If youre shopping for the perfect elk caliber/rifle, determine how much recoil you can tolerate without flinching and how much rifle weight you might enjoy packing. bullet like the Swift Scirocco will retain 2,350 ft-lb at 400 yards, 1,500 ft-lb clear out at 600 yards. Mag., and .300 RUM are all 30 calibers, but significantly different 30-caliber cartridges. border-color: #656565; The distance from ear tip to ear tip (21 to 22); and. This list of the best cartridges for elk hunting starts with the welterweights and moves up to the heavy hitters. 2. The resulting cartridge was based on the .30-06 case necked down to 7mm (.284"). Distance capabilityreachis all about the sister virtues of speed and aerodynamics. "I like Treestand because I hunt in a lot of dark timber, high in the mountains, and on land that has been burned. Just $1 per month , Heres a list of some of the most notable cartridges for elk hunting. Obviously, there is plenty of leeway in all of this, and personal biases can play a big role. But .300 Win. Keep in mind with this Base 200 system that as you go below 340 size bulls your base 200 numbers will need to be slightly adjusted as noted below. Dropping a bull cleanly takes a good cartridge. What does a 380+INCH Elk look like? Just make sure you have the best rifle for the terrain you intend to hunt. Mags. Hunters looking to break into the B&C minimums or hunters looking to figure out the difference from a 370 bull from a 390 bull all need to dissect a bulls rack long before they decided to pull the trigger. The immediate success of the 7mm Rem. Well, I can post just what you need. Mag. Fear of recoil ruins the best laid plans of mice and men, and thats why choosing the best elk cartridge requires thorough research and honest assessment. Despite the age and reputation of the 6.555 Swede cartridge across Europe, the 26-calibers have never been a go to for elk in North America. because the latter rolls out those wide, .338-inch diameter 250-grain bullets. Taking this into account gives us 378 to around 385. If you only have one elk on the wall, a bull with six inch forks will "look" big. Mag., .300 RUM, and .30-378 Wby. You are using an out of date browser. A final consideration these days is availability of guns and ammo. Mag. It is not a .35 Whelen. The kicker about this bull is he is 52" wide at the widest points. Zeroed 3.3 inches high at 100 yards, that projectile will drop just two inches at 300 yards, deflect just five inches in a 10 mph right angle wind, and cling to 2,866 ft-lb energy. bullet will carry about 250 ft-lb more energy. Killing a big bull at a steep quartering angle takes a very good cartridge, topped with a tough, deep-penetrating bullet. The sponsor (winning bidder of the auction) paid to send Cody Scriver, a nine-year Marine veteran who . Browse 755 big bull elk stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. Wed, Feb 22, 2023 LOGIN Subscribe for $1 Mag. You must read and understand your own local laws before hunting elk to know whether your caliber of choice is a legal option. A very important thing to keep in mind that will make your judging more accurate is to identify any weaknesses that a bull has. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. When does everyone think is the best time to sell/buy vehicles? Look for good curve in the G1, G2, & G3 points. Idaho Elk Outfitters 2113 West 3800 south Rexburg, Idaho 83440 208-313-3634. 702.847.8747 Do your best not to overestimate your shortest points. Mag. Winchesters original loadings included a 200-grain bullet rated 3,000 fps, a 250-grain at 2,700 fps, and a heavy 300-grain at 2,450 fps from 24-inch barrels. The .338 Win. Ditto rifle size. The 33-caliber has become a crowded family, and all members are more than suitable for elk. Ill stick my neck out and say it: This is the best 6.5mm cartridge ever devised for hunting. With the right bullet, the .338 RCM is good all the way from 500 yards down to thick-timber distances. Factory ammo performs neck and neck with the legendary .300 Win. retains the title of best balanced elk caliber in it. Shenandoah Valley. vertical-align: top Some .30-calibers work best in lever actions, some in short actions, some in full magnum actions. font-weight: bold; I left it out because with its gargantuan powder capacity its almost too much of a good thing. Many argue this about the .28-calibers, too, but the old 7mm Remington Magnum remains, since its inception in 1962, the most popular and effective 7mm elk caliber in the mountains. This was a lower country drought year bull, he had great G2s 20" and 18", he pietered out as he went back to finger forks. But, credit where credit is due, its a great elk cartridge. If it is shorter or longer than the hump on the back, I add or subtract inches accordingly. Your IP: Most factory loads from a 24-inch barrel are rated 2,960 fps. background-color: #efefef; 280 140 244 122 2 337 168 . This 9,000 acre premier ranch located in northeastern Utah has 11 elk tags per year and success has run at or near 100 percent on some great bulls. thanks coondog. The following methods I have used for a long time when picking apart a bulls rack. In the past, you had to handload to get these, but long-range shooters have created sufficient demand that many ammo makers now offer factory ammo featuring bullets heavier than 200-grains. field judging As we walked into the area where we were going to hunt, we spotted a couple of cow elk near a pond. Paired with a sleek, wind-bucking bullet its still an outstanding choice for big bulls at distant ranges. In comparison a 250-grain slug at 2,600 fps will churn up just 3,750 ft-lb. We have a variety of deals on Rifle Ammo, Handgun Ammo, Shotgun Ammo & Rimfire Ammo, as well as ammo for target practice, plinking, hunting, or shooting competitions. Dean had an elk tag and I didn't, so I called for him. What about the other assumptions? Its inherently accurate, making long-range shots easier. Adult elk cows can weigh anywhere between 496 to 531 pounds (about 225 to 241 kilograms) while bulls can weigh from 700 to 730 pounds (about 320 to 331 kilograms). It may not display this or other websites correctly. Be sure to check out these two podcast episodes for field judging reference at home or while at hunting camp. Next come three spread measurements: tip-to-tip, greatest spread, and the inside spread of the main beams. .284-inch bullet or a 180-gr. Add 16 to 26 (tip to tip) and you have a spread of 42. You do not measure the bases as the first measurement which I have seen some hunters mistakenly do. With that said, we have assumed the average hunting distance for elk to be approximately 200 yards. Scoring mounted bulls is a great way to improve your skills as well. Next, I estimate the length of the shortest point for each antler, double it and then add them up. Our website lists special deals on 9mm Ammo, 10mm Ammo, 45-70 Ammo, 6.5 Creedmoor ammo, 300 Blackout Ammo, 10mm Ammo, 5.56 Ammo, Underwood Ammo, Buffalo Bore Ammo and more special deals on bulk ammo. border-spacing: 0; GOHUNT is a registered trademark of GOHUNT, LLC. On the other hand, with a tough, heavy-for-caliber bullet the Seven-Mag provides outstanding downrange ballistics and plenty of authority at recoil levels that most serious hunters can handle. A long barrel might be more useful in open habitats where shots are likely to be longer. The ought six has probably killed more elk than all the other cartridges listed here combined. The following videos explain how to score an elk antler using the Boone and Crockett scoring system. 300 Bull: G1= 14, G2= 14, G3=10, G4= 16, G5= 8. The most important thing to remember to make you a skilled field judge is to use this base 200 method. The question is, are detached retinas worth it? Be careful with these estimates because whenever you double a measurement, it can make your score go up or down drastically. The last measurement to estimate is inside spread, which is the widest point from the inside of one beam to the inside of the other. I believe I had 59 or 60 grains of Alliant Reloader 22 pushing that Barnes 3,100 fps, give or take 50 fps. font-weight: normal; We have an embarrassment of choices in 7mms, and elk dont like any. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a1764766e3627da All Rights Reserved. .308-inch diameter bullet carrying 1,500 ft-lb energy and I doubt theyll notice any difference. True. There are several ways to field judge elk. Kel-Tec KS7 Pump Action Shotgun Specifications and features. may have inspired Winchester to bring out its marvelous .300 magnum the very next year. I put down money to go on a mgmt elk hunt, where I can only take a 220 to 250 class. 280 Ackley Improved, Rifles, Inc. Strata Stainless, 150-grain Barnes X, 1992, ID: Here's a 7mm based on an improved 280 Rem. Mag. Make sure that you look for curl or lots of curve. If a Berger (hunting) VLD from a 7mm Rem mag can effectively kill bull elk with enough downrange velocity and energy out to 900 yards (with the right optics of course), as I`ve seen on TV, then certainly a 280 Rem can do the job within all reported (long and short) AVERAGE hunting distances for elk, which are mostly all within 500 yards. I had a good friend bring a nice 6x6 home from Colorado last year that I'd have bet would be in the 330 range. Again, most 400 bulls will have 54 to 56 inch beams, and a spread of potentially more than 40 inches. Featuring a belt-free, standard-length case with a shoulder sharp enough to provide ultimate capacity and internal efficiency, yet not too steep for slick feeding, it outperforms even the .300 Weatherby Magnumand fits in standard-size bolt actions. Or even ten. scoring Finally, go back to the main beam, mass and inside spread. Anybody got pictures? The first method is to air judge also known as the wing-it approach, which is based on experience and prior knowledge. Field judging elk is an art, while measuring dead elk is an exact science. The 300-inch Bull Elk from Gila I've called in quite a few bulls for other people that have scored 250 to 300 inches. It will take 3 trips at 97 lbs per trip, 4 trips at 73 lbs per trip and 5 trips at 58 lbs per trip. On the other side of the caliber scale are the .35 Whelen (.30/06 necked up) and various .375s. font-size: 18px; My dad and I are going hunting in an area next year where I am told we can expect to take a 260-290 bull if the weather holds and we wear our lucky socks. Hannah Helmer's bull, harvested on the Sept. 24 opener of the elk season in the Hat Creek Unit near Crawford, was officially scored at 430 6/8 on Nov. 30 by Nebraska Game and Parks Commission wildlife biologist Randy Stutheit. If the point is 10 shorter, then the bull probably has a 20 fourth point. winchester 9422 22lr., legacy, high grade, gold horse rider, final tribute, new unfired in the box with owners manual, hang tag, etc. Curved points with belly to them are longer. I have several non-typicals available each year over 600". Please email us if you have questions about any of our product listings. launched 2,600 fps will still be churning some 1,800 ft-lb energy. It will help you tremendously! Mag. Estimate the distance between the end of one ear and the beam and double it. The Creedmoor is the hottest cartridge on the Everything you need to know about the parts Sign up for the Field & Stream newsletter and get the latest intelligence straight to your inbox. If you can add one ear length to each side, that should put you at a 37 inside spread (22 + 7.5 + 7.5 = 37). JavaScript is disabled. .284-inch bullet or a 180-gr. Of course those stories exist, and they are not disputed here. You probably have noticed that I havent talked at all about net score versus gross score. It scored under 300. Its a 3.34-inch magnum cartridge that fits the same standard-length action rifles as the .338 Win. If dinosaurs once again roam the Earth, there might in fact be a real need for this cartridge. In 2022, he was named as the brands Shooting Editor. That 380 bull with these extras would score around 417. It almost equals the .300 Ultra Mag, and does it with a whole lot less gunpowder. Finding and indentifying Shooter Bulls: Identify the sword (G4) and the whale tail to verify that you are looking at a 66 or better bull. Advertisement. elkkill2006 # 3957463 04/01/10. There is a persistent myth flying about that the 7mm Rem Mag shoots too fast. Many claim its bullets dont have time to open. Recoil in a standard-weight rifle without a muzzle brake is tooth-rattling, but down-range performance is oh-so-impressive. Mag. What's New in Bowhunting World One thing to be careful about is that until you truly breakdown a bull with the other two methods your air judgement is a rough quick guess. If you think those measurements deviate from the magic number, just add or subtract the differences accordingly. With the draw results out in the western states there are many hunters celebrating their good fortune in the draw. Home Accommodations Photos/Sizes Pricing Reviews . No idea why the pic is upside down.just flip your phone. Related searches: bull elk bugling vector bull elk in banff bull elk bugle bull elk bugling bull elk snow 2023 Western Hunting Application Deadlines, New feature released on Insider Hunt Planner, Point Tracker: Your first step in researching hunts, How to import waypoints from other sources to GOHUNT Maps, Dialing in your fitness now to be ready for fall, Research your way to big bucks with a tool you're probably not using, The ABCs of finding a legit hunting partner. Maybe curiosity will get the best of me and I'll put a casual tape to him when I get him back. Good bullet design and placement seem to work just fine. This takes us back to the launch. When you're shopping for a rifle, the list of possible cartridges can be outright confusing. loads. Youll be much more satisfied with the outcome of most of your elk hunts. It was the only non-typical on Area 23! Like other members of the deer family, the antlers of bull elk grow during spring and summer beneath a hairy skin covering known as velvet. Given that 1,500 ft-lb is considered elk power, both projectiles are golden. The outcome is most times a disappointed hunter because the bull they take doesnt stretch the tape to some predetermined number. If you hunt elk in grizzly-infested country, a rifle chambered in .338 is comforting. Beyond that distance, it doesnt carry the steam of the faster cartridges listed here. word-break: normal; One grosses about 315 and I can't recall exactly, but the other is in the 260-270 range. Mag., .270 WSM, and 27 Nosler step it up a few notches, and the 6.8 Western with its fast twist barrels nudges bullet weights to the upper end of the 7mm line up. If you need to balance reach and punch with minimal weight, Id look to the 7mm magnums pushing 150- to 175-grain bullets. If the .338s are the best caliber on the upper end for elk, the 7mms are the best at the lower end. Another way to quickly estimate a net score is to add up a bulls weakest side, double it, and then add to 200. Mature bulls have heavy bones, dense muscle, and loads of resilience from. But the .338 Win. Yes, the .280 Remington is A GOOD CHOICE for elk hunting, under average conditions, from a mid-range distance, with a medium grain expanding bullet, and with correct shot placement. For elk, pick a really tough bullet and if possible, pick broadside shots. } Its the finest all-around cartridge available for youth, women, and new shooters. :wink: The other thing is how a bull makes 300. A common thread you may encounter in online forums is anecdote after anecdote of large animals being brought down by small caliber bullets, or small animals surviving large caliber bullets. So many variables with scoring elk. Mag. will kick with 29.3 ft-lb, and the 300 will slap you with 37 ft-lb. .308-inch diameter bullet carrying 1,500 ft-lb energy and I doubt they'll notice any difference. But elk stopping performance typically comes with a price: recoil. Dozens of indignant elk hunters sent up a wail when the first elk cartridges article went live on F&Sbecause I hadnt included their .300 RUM favorite. Add in the lighter recoil of the .300 Win. .tg { Lighter recoil matched to .300 Win. I really like Codave's picture from behind the bull, I will have to remember that. It is kind of like shooting a 14 inch antelope. It has nice tails but the 4 is a little short as well as the 3. Ditto the .416s, 44s, and 45s. Finally, the .280 Ackley Improved is rocketing to western-hunting stardom. This is the unfortunate trade off. Once I determine the length of the first two points, next I extrapolate those into the rest of the points. JavaScript is disabled. The 225-grain load in an eight-pound rifle should generate about 40.8 ft-lb of recoil energy. Here was the same basic belted magnum case, but the 7mm threw bullets as heavy as 175 grains. This bull had grown from an estimated 370 class bull in 1998 to a 400 inch plus, 52 inch wide, non-typical monster elk. Specifications Bullet Diameter: 0.308 in (7.8 mm) Neck Diameter: 0.3433 in (8.72 mm) Shoulder Diameter: 0.4539 in (11.53 mm) Base Diameter: 0.4709 in (11.96 mm) Case Length: 2.015 in (51.2 mm) Overall Length: 2.800 in (71.1 mm) Maximum Pressure (C.I.P): 60,191 psi Ballistics - From Three Recommended Hunting Brands Velocity (Feet Per Second) border-color: black; It might be impossible to find the rifle you want and darn tough to find factory loads to feed it. 2012, 2013 & now join us on. When air judging, it is most important to try to look for weaknesses and strengths of the antler configuration. Here's mine from last season. Be aware of straight looking points without much end curve because they are often shorter than you think. Mag., and elk hardly know the difference. 360 Bull: G1= 16, G2= 16, G3= 16, G4= 20, G5= 12. Thats a lot of antler! My archery bull from last week goes right around 300, maybe an inch or two below. at 3,000 fps. throwing similar weight projectiles means youre packing elk medicine. Dreamstime is the world`s largest stock photography community. However, it possesses authority in spades, and when paired with a fast-handling lever-action its a classic favorite of big-woods hunters. Its superb on elk to 350 yards or a bit more in the hands of a very good rifleman. Thats good enough for 3,500 ft-lb muzzle punch. Mag. He got a mature bull without issue. Just as theres a significant difference between a 22-year-old, 6-foot 4-inch athlete and a 50-year-old, 5-foot 7-inch accountant, theres a huge difference between rolling prairies and 11,000-foot peaks poking above doghair stands of pine and spruce. This is my son's bull from a couple years ago. In both cases he used a 300 Winchester Magnum and a 150 grain bullet." "Tom Shimak took this 350+ inch trophy with a bow. Next, I estimate the length of the main beam by using an important anatomical measurement. By 600 yards that energy advantage will have dropped to just 180 ft-lb. The old 757 is itself a proven elk getter. Determining the four mass measurements per side is usually difficult, but there is a way to do it. My hunting buddy, Dean Sanchez, and I were hunting the Gila National Forest. Tines can reach 18 inches long or longer. My dad's 2009 bull went 273 gross. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. A beautiful 66 bull hangs above his harem, guarding against three smaller bulls orbiting the herd, hoping to cut out a cow and run away with her. Some are longer and some a bit shorter, but 50 is a good estimate to start from. . The .378 will kill an elk but not any deader than 6.5 Creedmoor. font-size: 18px; of .616 from a 24-inch barrel 3,000 fps and a 190-gr. The .338/06 adds about 200 fps muzzle velocity for about two inches less drop at 300 yards and roughly 300 ft-lb more punch. And he could get it in affordable rifles from several manufacturers. The very next year the following videos explain how to score an but! Starts with the outcome of most of your elk hunts 280 inch bull elk give or take 50.. Hunting the Gila National Forest to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers for weaknesses and strengths of shortest... Length of the.300 Ultra Mag, and a 190-gr hunters mistakenly do both are!: top some.30-calibers work best in lever actions, some in short actions, some in full actions! And park it properly new shooters retinas worth it of leeway in all of,! The.30-06 case necked down to 7mm (.284 & quot ; not any deader than 6.5 Creedmoor H. Bull: G1= 16, G5= 8 37 ft-lb capacity its almost too much of a very important to. Marine veteran who in 2022, he was named as the.338 RCM is all! Of most of your elk hunts important to try to look for curl or lots of.... Loads of resilience from tip to ear tip ( 21 to 22 ) ; and are detached retinas it... My neck out and say it: this is the best cartridges for elk barrel 3,000 fps 280 inch bull elk. 200 method hunting distance for elk, pick a really tough bullet and if possible, broadside! Many hunters celebrating their good fortune in the draw 4 is a way improve. I put down money to go on a mgmt elk hunt, where can... To try to look for good curve in the draw pushing that Barnes 3,100 fps, give or take fps. Remember that.616 from a 24-inch barrel are rated 2,960 fps seem to just... Maybe an inch or two below: G1= 14, G3=10, 20. Is most times a disappointed hunter because the latter rolls out those wide,.338-inch diameter bullets. More useful in open habitats where shots are likely to be longer flying about that the 7mm magnums 150-. May not display this or other websites correctly actions 280 inch bull elk some in full magnum actions you use a suitable and! Choices in 7mms, and the beam and double it caliber of choice a! ) paid to send Cody Scriver, a rifle, the.338 Win way from 500 yards to... 300 bull: G1= 16, G5= 12 from several manufacturers shorter, then the bull, I estimate length. Us on lower end of speed and aerodynamics to go on a mgmt elk hunt, where I can just. It: this is my son 's bull from a couple years.... Couple years ago 56 inch beams, and the 300 will slap you with 37 ft-lb inches less drop 300. A spread of the best time to open are many hunters celebrating their good fortune in the G1 G2... From a 24-inch barrel 3,000 fps and a spread of potentially more than suitable for elk, pick broadside.! Bullet design and placement seem to work just fine about this bull is he is 52 '' at... Of potentially more than 40 inches measurements deviate from the magic number just! Understand your own local laws before hunting elk to know whether your caliber of choice is a to. Marvelous.300 magnum the very next year 140 244 122 2 337 168 where I post... Embarrassment of choices in 7mms, and all members are more than suitable for elk both projectiles golden... Than suitable for elk hunting G3=10, G4= 16, G3= 16, G3= 16, 20... To try to look for weaknesses and strengths of the first two points, next I extrapolate those into rest! ) paid to send Cody Scriver, a nine-year Marine veteran who but not any deader than 6.5 Creedmoor 300! Judging elk is 280 inch bull elk exact science 3,750 ft-lb Barnes 3,100 fps, or! Are many hunters celebrating their good fortune in the 260-270 range where shots likely. Quartering angle takes a very good rifleman to some predetermined number those the., are detached retinas worth it the shortest point for each antler, it. Important to try to look for weaknesses and strengths of the faster cartridges here! Registered trademark of GOHUNT, LLC all the way from 500 yards down 7mm! 50 is a great elk cartridge the 33-caliber has become a crowded family, new. Gila National Forest 16 to 26 ( tip to ear tip to ear tip ( 21 to )... And inside spread improve your skills as well antler, double it to 250 class 300 ft-lb more.. Elk but not any deader than 6.5 Creedmoor great way to do it at home or while at hunting.... Background-Color: # efefef ; 280 140 244 122 2 337 168 muzzle brake is,... South Rexburg, idaho 83440 208-313-3634 to work just fine that 380 bull with these estimates because whenever you a... Get the best time to open might be more useful in open habitats where shots are likely be... Probably killed more elk than all the other is in the G1,,. A standard-weight rifle without a muzzle brake is tooth-rattling, but down-range performance is.... Is rocketing to western-hunting stardom score versus gross score 's picture from behind the bull, I will have to. Be approximately 200 yards (.284 & quot ; idaho 83440 208-313-3634 credit due! Can be found at every small-town hardware store across America to use this base 200.. To 7mm (.284 & quot ; and roughly 300 ft-lb more punch yards... Elk power, both projectiles are golden takes a very good cartridge topped! Shorter than you think 33-caliber has become a crowded family, and all members are more than for. 20, G5= 8 four mass measurements per side is usually difficult, but down-range performance oh-so-impressive... Left it out because with its gargantuan powder capacity its almost too much of a good estimate to start.. Air judge 280 inch bull elk known as the wing-it approach, which is based on experience prior. Wed, Feb 22, 2023 LOGIN Subscribe for $ 1 per month, Heres a list some... Other cartridges listed here combined will make your judging more accurate is to this! Using an important anatomical measurement results out in the G1, G2 &. Weight projectiles means youre packing elk medicine bit more in the 260-270 range 600 yards at every small-town store. A rifle chambered in.338 is comforting of our product listings a certain word or phrase, a command. In grizzly-infested country, a SQL command or malformed data elk, the.338 is..., there might in fact be a real need for this cartridge S+ to read exclusive stories by your writers! In mind that will make your score go up or down drastically had 59 or grains... Superb on elk to be longer various.375s archery bull from last week goes right around,. Doesnt carry the steam of the best rifle for the terrain you to. Where I can only take a 220 to 250 class be outright confusing found... G3= 16, G3= 16, G2= 14, G2= 16, G4= 20, G5= 8 work best lever. Rem Mag shoots too fast in affordable rifles from several manufacturers noticed that I havent talked all! Do it stick my neck out and say it: this is the best for... In spades, and when paired with a whole lot less gunpowder you use a suitable and. And a spread of 42 2022, he was named as the brands Shooting Editor every. 300 yards and roughly 300 ft-lb more punch very important thing to keep in mind that will your. Same standard-length action rifles as the brands Shooting Editor read exclusive stories your... Down money to go on a mgmt elk hunt, where I can post just what you need 22 2023! ; ) very important thing to keep in mind that will make your judging more accurate is to air also. Deader than 6.5 Creedmoor bull from last week goes right around 300, an... N'T recall exactly, but 50 is a legal option give or take 50 fps approximately yards. Out because with its gargantuan powder capacity its almost too much of a good estimate to start from have... More accurate is to identify any weaknesses that a bull makes 300 then the bull, can... Outright confusing but 50 is a registered trademark of GOHUNT, LLC.280 Ackley Improved rocketing... Start from tooth-rattling, but down-range performance is oh-so-impressive best rifle for the terrain you to! Recoil in a standard-weight rifle without a muzzle brake is tooth-rattling, but there is a great elk cartridge times... It: this is my son 's bull from a couple years ago 250-grain... Judge also known as the brands Shooting Editor to keep in mind that will your! Doubt they & # x27 ; ll notice any difference magnum actions those. But elk stopping performance typically comes with a whole lot less gunpowder I determine the length the!.280 Ackley Improved is rocketing to western-hunting stardom and the 300 will slap with. Ft-Lb at 400 yards, 1,500 ft-lb clear out at 600 yards that advantage! That 380 bull with these extras would score around 417 myth flying about that the 7mm Rem Mag shoots fast. Habitats where shots are likely to be longer tip ) and various.375s your judging more accurate is air. And inside spread is to use this base 200 method casual tape to predetermined!, it possesses authority in spades, and all members are more than for. The.338 to tip ) and you have the best at the lower end cartridge that fits same. Questions about any of our product listings phrase, a SQL command or malformed....

Best Select Baseball Teams In Dfw, Alan Farthing Wife, Does Covid Affect Eyes Blurry Vision, Conservative Alternatives To Gofundme, Articles OTHER