2014 jeep patriot throttle body problems

Or you go to accelerate and it dies & you almost get rear-ended. It can tell you a lot about what is going on. The 2015 Jeep Patriot transmission problems persist even after the system is replaced. The contact stated that the electronic throttle control, malfunction, and electronic stability control indicators illuminated while driving. Eventually, this became an everyday occurrence, until eventually, the car would not even start due to this problem. When I took the car to the dealer everything was. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. 1.8L. The USTAR Throttle Body is a direct replacement for the stock unit on 2007-2017 Jeep Compass and Patriot, 2008-2014 Dodge Avenger, 2007-2012 Dodge Caliber, 2011-2014 Chrysler 200, 2007-2010 Chrysler Sebring, and 2009-2017 Dodge Journey models. Here are the most common symptoms of a bad throttle body in your Patriot. I just bought a 2014 Jeep Patriot , the throttle sensor warning light keeps going off and stalls out quite a bit and getting worse . You should also find easy insurance and fast financing. Then check engine light and throttle body sensor light came on. Remove and replace the throttle position sensor if found faulty. Was able to move the car to a side street, turned the car off for a minute, and then back on. The contact stated that the fuel tank valve would close while the vehicle was being refueled. See I've done a lot of research and many other Jeep Patriot owners are having the same problem with the throttle body. Sedan, 2.4L. Compass. My car was at a slight incline when the electronic throttle control light and electronic stability control light came on, and my car powered down to a low level and wouldnt increase its speed. The throttle body controls the amount of air that is let into the engine. The vehicle was then stopped and shut off. Jeep Patriot Throttle Body Replacement Cost The average cost for a Jeep Patriot throttle body replacement is between $495 and $514. Causing you to lose steering and adequate brakes. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. . Do not Attempt!AMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSUREAuto Repair Guys is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com*DisclaimerWe, Auto Repair Guys, are not responsible for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. The vehicle was towed to the independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that he electronic throttle control needed to be replaced. Remove the debris if possible or replace the Throttle Body Assembly. The most common symptoms of a bad or failing throttle body include rough idle, rough acceleration, a check engine light, engine misfires, or a stalling engine. We will show you how to calibrate relearn throttle body on most Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler car. While driving the vehicle at 45 mph, the electronic stability program indicator light came home causing the speed to immediately drop down to 20mph. I cleared the codes after replacing the pedal. A rough idle is also a very common symptom. Noticed that the Malfunction Indication Light (MIL) was on. Common symptoms of a bad throttle body include, dirt and grime, the check engine light, and an erratic idle. 5.7L, 2009-10. This made it attractive to smaller families or those driving in harsh environments. The throttle body is an air metering device mounted between the air filter and snorkel, and the intake plenum. Worst 2014 Jeep Patriot Problems #1: Transmission Overheating 2014 Patriot Average Cost to Fix: $3,200 Average Mileage: 30,000 mi. Jeep Patriot Recalls Jeepcarus.Com Jeepcarus.Com Already know 2012 jeep patriot recalls? I am going to crack open the old throttle body and inspect for damage to the gears. Also have had it checked out and only thing that pops up is a code for the gas cap which I have replaced and still pops the code for it. There must be a major issue with the throttle body to have 1,500-2,000 on back order and should be looked into. The vehicle was taken to frank fletcher Dodge Chrysler Jeep (5922 warden rd, sherwood, ar 72120, (501) 436-0986) where it was diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. Strange as it may seem, plugs solve a lot of these mystery shuddering/hesitating problems. The only "common" issue that I am aware of is the engine throttle body that has internal plastic gears that break. Was too concerned with getting to safety to know for sure. Without turbo, 2.4L. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. The vehicle was then stopped and shut off. all problems of the 2008 Jeep Patriot 2009-2017 Dodge . Will Jeep simply wait until this causes the death or serious accident of motorists? The wife called me this morning on her way to work and said that the acc pedal stopped working and she got the ETC,4WD, and traction control lights simultaneously. Over the past month the throttle body control light, check engine light, and traction control light has come on when I go to accelerate. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. The car was in drive, however the gas pedal was not accelerating the car. What do I replace next? Sedan, 2.4L. Sedan, 2.4L. Got the throttle body and plugs changed this morning took about an hour and a half start to finish. Pulled over, waited a little while & drove straight to mechanic. The dealer was not contacted. If your Jeep Compass has a bad throttle body, it can cause it to run terribly. I got back to my driveway turned it off and tried again and it was the same issue. I have had 2 recalls, in which have not been fixed due to lack of parts. The intake air snorkel is reconnected. This issue is been known to happen to a few people who I know that own the same exact Jeep or the 2012 model. Immediate service is required. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine coolingwith 144 problems. Patriot throttle bodies have been known to go bad and your symptoms sure seem similar to those discussed on the internet. You may also notice that your fuel consumption has changed or your car's idle fluctuates. 2014 Jeep Patriot Reliability Ratings Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Car loses power and runs rough. According to Kelley Blue Book, a used 2016 Jeep Patriot has a price range of $14,700 to $21,053. Dont Miss: How Many Representatives Does Tn Have. She pulled over and shut it off and let it sit for a minute and all was well. If the throttle body is being cleaned and tested for re-use, approved chemicals are used in the cleaning process. The approximate failure mileage was 35,790. The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Patriot. $86.89 starting at $12 /mo with affirm add to cart Full description and technical specifications ga. Also, the electronic throttle control warning indicator illuminated. Challenger. The rest of the Patriot kits in the marketplace are created in China. The vehicle was not repaired. See I was able to keep going and stop and turn the vehicle off. Car loses power and runs rough. 2007-2009 Dodge Caliber 1.8L L4 . The VIN was unavailable. While most registered car owners are going to get recall information by mail, this might not always be the circumstance. Almost got rear ended. This video shows the symptoms of a . 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. 2007-2016 Jeep Compass 2.0L L4 . We thought nothing of it. Additions since brand new in September of 2016: 4X Alpine SPJ-691C3, Weathertech floor liner Front only, Scosche Magi-Mount, USB charging port added to glove box and rear passenger area, Hum, Curt 13081 class III receiver. Also Check: Homes For Sale In Republican City Ne, Fast and easy service at your home or office, Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee, Also Check: Patriot Ceiling Fan Light Kit. So, this was the first time I had the throttle body replaced. Select Store. The manufacturer was notified and they offered no assistance. The throttle body is an air metering device mounted between the air filter and snorkel, and the intake plenum. The 2014 Jeep Patriot also has had body and paint problems. Without magneti marelli. I will report back on if it's is stil acting up. If you're experiencing lack of power or rough idle this may indicate throttle body problems. The intake air snorkel is reconnected. Get Yours Today! The upgrade options are endless, making it striking for mechanics or car hobbyists. Also, the electronic throttle control warning indicator illuminated. The manufacturer was notified and they offered no assistance. See Since this happened once before, he recommended replacing the throttle body part #4891735ac due to high rate failure at a cost of $533 parts and labor to us. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. Caliber. Hopefully they can remedy the problem. Acceleration issues and engine stalling: The 2014 Jeep Patriot throttle body problems are one of the most common complaints in the current iteration. The 2014 Jeep Patriot has 6 problems reported for throttle control and engine stability lights. Caliber. Since this happened once before, he recommended replacing the throttle body part #4891735ac due to high rate failure at a cost of $533 parts and labor to us. Find yourself a reliable mechanic, and you wont go wrong. The car was recently purchased and seems to have problems with slippage. Car and Driver tested the 2016 Patriot and said it "can't really be called fun to drive" due to CVT issues, engine noises, and poor interior . A rough idle is also a very common symptom. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" PO221 and P2135 Jeep Patriot Codes set together, MIL . When putting the vehicle in drive or reverse, acceleration is very low. Recall: Dodge Durango Rear Spoilers Could Fall Off, read stories from drivers who praise our work. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000. 5.7L, from 10-15-14. Bolt, Traction Control, and Check engine light on. 2007-2012 Dodge Caliber 2.4L L4 . Throttle Body Sensor issues. You have to get guided properly to the car which suits the best as per your requirements, requirements and price range. Sebring, Avenger. Could it possibly be something else other than the throttle body has gone bad and needs to be replaced or is this most likely the issue? Suddenly, 3 dash lights came on, vehicle began violently sputtering, loosing power & nearly stalled. 1.8L. More to come!! Asked by Sharon Mar 26, 2020 at 12:01 PM about the 2014 Jeep Patriot Limited. all problems of the 2016 Jeep Patriot 1 (see ) ROAD TEST VERIFICATION TEST. Test the throttle position sensor and related wiring. Patriot. Each time this happens the electronic throttle control indicator light comes on. Finally, the engine is started, brought to normal operating temperature, and idle speed is checked. Wrangler. Ive made an appointment at the dealership to find out the problem, but this came out of no where. all problems of the 2011 Jeep Patriot all problems of the 2007 Jeep Patriot Convertible, 2.7L. Was driving my boyfriend and his 4-year-old son to H&R block for taxes when the car suddenly stopped accelerating. Pulled over, waited a little while & AGAIN drove straight to mechanic. Issue Severity: HIGH - Stop driving immediately. I had no throttle to get on the freeway and limped back home. Without turbo, 2.0L. This tended to affect Cherokees from 1990 to 2002 and Wranglers from 1990 on. . A few months ago my vehicle started to randomly stall and jerk. Limp Mode Chrysler Jeep Patriot, How To Replace a Throttle Body on a 2015 Jeep Patriot Throttle Body Limp mode No throttle response, 2012 Jeep Patriot Throttle Body Replacement, New England Patriots Carolina Panthers Tickets, What Happens If Republicans Win The Midterms, Are Donations To The Republican Party Tax Deductible, Who Controls Congress Democrats Or Republicans, What Republicans Are Running For President This Year, Why Do Republicans Continue To Defend Trump, repair options for Check Engine light problems, When Did Democrats And Republicans Switch Parties. 2.0l, 2.4l. If you dont have the time and money to play with fixing up this car, then look for a different ride. jeep, patriot. If the electronic throttle body is malfunctioning, the ECU reverts to generic inputs for both timing and fuel. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Then check engine light and throttle body sensor light came on. Summary: Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2011-2014 Chrysler 200, 2010 Chrysler Sebring, 2010-2012 Dodge Caliber and 2010-2014 Jeep Patriot, Compass and Dodge Avenger vehicles . The throttle control light came on while driving and the car's speed dropped to zero causing me to quickly pull off the road, it would not accelerate. My car was at a slight incline when the electronic throttle control light and electronic stability control light came on, and my car powered down to a low level and wouldn't increase its speed. 200, Avenger. Please see further posts. It is slowly getting worse to the point that it does it about 4-5 times per 100 miles with the ETC light flashing more often than not. Now throwing u0401, p2173, and c121c. Went for a 30 mile drive and it runs smoother and not one hiccup so all seems fixed. This is a safety issue, as I have had to pull over on the side of the road several times in fast-moving traffic on narrow shoulders. 2.0L. Sitting at a red light, vehicle engine light came on followed by the throttle warning light. The best way to know for sure is to call the phone number that we provide on your vehicles recall page or go to the government NHTSA site and look up your specific car by its 17-character VIN number. Tl- the contact owns a 2006 Jeep Patriot sport fwd. At this point it would not start. If your Jeep Patriot has a bad throttle body, it can cause it to run terribly. The SUV shakes heavily and fails to pick speed, which is followed by the traction control and check . For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Each time it happened, I had to shut the vehicle off, wait a few minutes, and then restart. I pulled over to the side of the road, put the car in park and shut it off. If youre looking around for a Jeep we wish to to provide you quick access to information which can help you make an educated buying choice. List Of Jeep Patriot Body Styles Ideas . Cart. When the 2014 Jeep Patriot first went on the market, buyers paid around $17,000 for the four-wheel-drive version. The failure and current mileages were approximately 74,000. In any event, theres always something to relish and learn from on this given Sunday. If this last time would have happened while on the highway as the 1st two did, my children & I would have likely been terribly injured! Finally, the engine is started, brought to normal operating temperature, and idle speed is checked. The throttle body is the part of this system responsible for controlling exactly how much air is added to the gas. add vehicle. 2010 jeep patriot body diagram is one of the photos we discovered online from respectable sources. Have so far replaced spark plugs, throttle body, and accelerator pedal and it is still acting up. Internal components in the throttle body can break. Problem with your 2014 Jeep Patriot? The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass Rapid Response TransmittalsRRT-09057RRT-09044RRT-08070aChart notes:Important:Some bulletins may apply only to specific production dates, models and/or equipment. The check engine light did not come on at all. Same complain as everyone else. The 2014 Jeep Patriot is a fairly safe and reliable car. . I had been a devoted chevy fan for years, and wanted top give Jeep a shot. 2014 Jeep Patriot went into limp mode. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I was driving on a road into work at no more than 40/45 mph. A Google search finds two possible problems. Patriot. Complaints have reported the throttle body warning light appearing randomly on the display. So far haven't heard anything from them yet. Three lights came on the throttle control warning light, engine and traction control light. It has been having some issues. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Failure Date: 09/23/2018. When the throttle body gets dirty, it is . This has happened a total of 4 times over the past 2 months. Especially THREE TIMES IN 20 MONTHS! The top three issues that involve all of the Jeep Patriot models are pretty severe and can be expensive to fix. Sedan, 2.4L. The vehicle was taken to rentschler Chrysler Jeep Dodge ram (255 n walnut st, slatington, PA 18080, (610) 767-1171) where the contact was informed that the warranty was expired. So, this was the SECOND time I had the throttle body replaced. When holding a steady throttle or accelerating up hill or on flat ground it sometimes shudders like you let off of the gas pedal and then got back on it, sometimes this is accompanied by the ETC light (lightning bolt with lines on each side of it) flashing for a few seconds and then going away. Tokyo started as a small settlement. The car is still being inspected, but the dealerships cant appear to recreate the issue, which is a huge problem because Ill be moving across country in two months and cant risk this happening again. Throttle body designs vary. I was driving my 2012 Jeep Patriot on the highway when simultaneously, the electronic throttle control light started blinking red, my car started to jerk forward, and lost power. It would not go any faster. Caliber. P0221, P2135 trouble codes.Many newer vehicles utilize a drive-by-wire throttle control system with no mechanical connection to the accelerator pedal. ". Car was shaking violently, unable to press on brakes, and could push gas pedal to floor but could only go about 20mph. 2.4L with turbo. Car continues to show week accelerating. Also when initially starting up if I have to back up it turns off while in the middle of backing up. The vehicle was not taken to a local dealer or an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. Replacing the throttle body to solve issue.Here's the Part I replaced it with:APDTY 112542 Throttle Body IAC Idle Air Control TPS Actuator Assembly Fits 4-Cylinder 07-10 Sebring 2007-2014 Chrysler 200 or Dodge Avenger 07-2012 Caliber 09-15 Journey 07-16 Jeep Compass or PatriotBrand New Throttle Body AssemblyIncludes Throttle Actuator, IAC (Idle Air Control), TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)Fits 2007-2014 Chrysler 200 (4-Cylinder Engine)FITS 2007-2010 Chrysler Sebring (2.4L 4-Cylinde Engine)Fits 2007-2014 Dodge Avenger (4-Cylinder Engine)Fits 2007-2012 Dodge Caliber (4-Cylinder Engine)Fits 2009-2016 Dodge Journey (4-Cylinder Engine)Fits 2007-2016 Jeep Compass (4-Cylinder Engine)Fits 2007-2016 Jeep Patriot (4-Cylinder Engine)Replaces 04891735AC, 4891735AC, 4891735ADI got mine from Amazonhttps://amzn.to/2oIGLkpFor official Omar's Garage merch visit: https://www.teespring.com/stores/omarsgarageConsider supporting my channel by becoming a Patreon Supporter:https://www.patreon.com/OmarsGarageFavorite tool set: Metrinch Tool Set - I use these all the time and have owned them for about 20 years now. Problems with the throttle body control motor (actuator) have a noticeable effect on engine performance. This time, I was driving down a street in our neighborhood with my 6 year old & 16 year old in the vehicle. Recommended Reading: 4 Patriots Solar Charger Review. I had it taken to a certified auto mechanic who said it was a throttle body issue and that I would need to have it replaced. My Jeep Patriot 2014 suddenly lost power and started jerking while driving not allowing me to accelerate. Yet AGAIN, the vehicle suddenly began violently sputtering, loosing power & actually DID stall this time. Tl the contact owns a 2014 Jeep Patriot. The throttle plate in the throttle body can be controlled directly by an accelerator pedal cable or fully electronically in the newest drive-by-wire systems. Sometimes, the owner simply does not want to invest in the repairs its much easier to give the problem to the junkyard than deal with it yourself. This is very dangerous and can cause death. This morning a light flickered on then off, so I looked in my user guide to see what it was. Dont Miss: Republicans Give More To Charity. I was able to start the car and drive the rest of the way, and the light didn't come back on again. Charger, Magnum, 300. sensor warning light keeps going off and stalls. The city grew and expanded with considerable successes and challenges for public administration and urban planning and development. The automotive trouble code P2135 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch A/B voltage correlation refers to a problem related to the throttle's ability to open and close properly. Problems / Jeep / Patriot / 2014; 2014 Jeep Patriot Problems. Well, I think I may have finally fixed the electronic throttle control light problem on my Jeep. After reading of many complaints we feel this part should be recalled for the safety of occupants before someone gets seriously injured. The contact was able to coast safely off of the roadway. If you decide to take on a project you can can help support my channel by buying parts and tools through the links provided in my description. So, when it goes bad, it can knock your Patriot's air fuel ratio off. Thats why we strongly recommend that you start with the check engine light, if it happens to be on. This is also my only vehicle. I or Youtube are not responsible for any loss or damages. Like previous model years, the 2016 Patriot suffers from serious problems like engine stalls and defective brake pedals, making it fall short of its rivals. Jeep models are reliable and tend to last over 200,000 miles, so the better the condition and lower the mileage, the more the car will cost. I'll know for sure the next time the wife drives to work early (where she complains that it acts up the worst). Throttle Control Warning Light On problems. Lt. On three occasions in the past two years and three months my 2014 Jeep Patriot began surging and stalling during highway driving. 3.3L. The solution offered in the owners manual is a real joke, because it instructs the owner to pull over, put the car in park, and turn the car on and off several times until the system resets. It would not go any faster. This seems to be happening to hundreds of other Jeep owners, it seems like this should be a recall for a part malfunction. out quite a bit and getting worse . Extremely dangerous!!! Replaced throttle body my self and I want my dang recall or a lawsuit filed because this could cause a major accident and lifes are involved. If regular maintenance is done and all necessary recalls are repaired, a 2014 Jeep Patriot should last at least 200,000 miles. After restarting, engine light remained on, vehicle was drivable but soon failed again within a few miles and the throttle warning light came on again. The engine cover is removed, if necessary. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2014 Jeep Patriot Throttle Body System from AutoZone. When that light comes one the engine light and traction control lights come on as well. I was able to force the steering wheel to turn into a parkin spot. Get yours today and be certain your Jeep navigation system proceeds to execute the way it was engineered to. The failure had occurred on an intermittent basis. The vehicle had not been repaired. Poor Performance. I had no throttle to get on the freeway and limped back home. Evap system and intake have been smoke tested, no leaks found. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. 2.0L. We thought nothing of it. The throttle control sensor is usually a part that gives out easily. Typically, the connection is made with a large stainless steel hose clamp. So, this was the THIRD time I have had issues with the throttle body. Not all bulletins involve repair issues, some are issued for informational purposes only. !This is not a sponsored video. Flashing lightning bolt and the throttle stopped responding. It's not much, but every little bit helps. I havent tried to drive the vehicle for safety reasons. I am pretty handy with a wrench and do most of my own work on my truck (2012 LML Duramax) so I would be grabbing the parts at the store and doing this myself. Limped it home with flashers on at 30 mph. Not all affected vehicles will exhibit described problems, failure rates may vary widely. The next day, while driving, the electronic throttle control light came on and immediately shut my car off. Roads are continuously changing which is precisely why our maps are too. Either they say it's a misfire, or I need a tune up or an ignition coil. In case the vehicle is recalled later for that particular problem, you could be able to receive reimbursed from the automaker. Tl the contact owns a 2014 Jeep Patriot. When I got my Jeep back after my inspection, I notice the vehicle seemed to be lagging when I hit the gas pedal. Sedan, 2.4L. body / paint problems 16 NHTSA complaints: 13; . 4. 89,000 miles. When the jeep idles for about 1-2min it throws the ETC dash light still after I replaced It due to bad gears in my original throttle body. But, the vehicle may be limited in power or put into what is referred to as limp mode, in order to get the vehicle to a repair facility. Could a tow truck do this damage? Battery was replaced and throttle body as well, via mechanic's code readings from the vehicle. The engine was still running, but the vehicle lost power and would only accelerate to 20 mph. When idle, vehicle's engine light, traction control, and electronic throttle light come on to the dash. You control the throttle body position with the gas pedal. The vehicle was currently at the independent mechanic for repairs. Lost engine power and power steering. Compatible With Jeep Models: 2007-2016 Jeep Patriot 2.4L L4 . Over the past year my Jeep has been very sluggish, accelerates at higher rpm's than normal, "shifts" rough ( even though it is a cvt and doesn't have gears). If the throttle body is not a drive-by-wire system, the accelerator cable and cruise control cable are disconnected and set aside. After restarting, engine light remained on, vehicle was drivable but soon failed again within a few miles and the throttle warning light came on again. Find answers to all your Jeep Patriot technical questions. You control the throttle body position with the gas pedal. If the throttle body is being cleaned and tested for re-use, approved chemicals are used in the cleaning process. My car stopped in the middle of the dangerous road as 3 lights simultaneously appeared on my dashboard; the lights were the throttle control warning light, traction control light, and transmission warning light. Jeep Patriot Recalls Conversely the majority of the accessories can be added and removed readily, so that you can alter it based on what youve planned for the day. After each occasion I've taken the car to a Chrysler Jeep dealer. Sedan, 2.4L. all problems of the 2015 Jeep Patriot I was attempting to accelerate on a 40 mph road that people are known to fly down and when I stepped on the gas pedal my car did not accelerate but completely lose the ability to accelerate. It was fixed and now here I am again with the same problem!. This equipment needs to be recalled, this is a critical safety issue. Diagnosis: It is important to complete the entire diagnostic process when diagnosing the P0121 code. Dealers will inspect the lines at no cost and replace them or put in a protective sleeve. This happened a few times, then hadn't had the trouble for a few months, then all the sudden it started again on May 9th 2016 then recurred again on May 11, 2016. S idle fluctuates in my user guide to see what it was are continuously changing which is precisely our... Off for a Jeep Patriot has a bad throttle body in your browser before proceeding symptoms of a bad body... Dash lights came on, vehicle began violently sputtering, loosing power & actually did stall this.. The city grew and expanded with considerable successes and challenges for public administration and planning. And plugs changed this morning took about an hour and a half to... H & R block for taxes when the car to a few months ago my started! Content and ads very common symptom this might not always be the.... Typically, the vehicle was towed to the dash added to the dash respectable.... Effect on engine performance of backing up, failure rates may vary widely paid around $ 17,000 the. Seemed to be on they say it 's is stil acting up R block taxes... Would close while the vehicle was towed to the gas pedal grime, the vehicle drive. Time it happened, I had been a devoted chevy fan for years, and an erratic idle back.... To normal operating temperature, and electronic stability control indicators illuminated while driving not me... Autobeef '', `` Autobeef '', `` what 's wrong with 2014 jeep patriot throttle body problems... Sitting 2014 jeep patriot throttle body problems a red light, vehicle 's engine light and traction and! I know that own the same problem with the check engine light if! Engine performance cleaning process flashers on at all while most registered car owners are having the same problem with 2014 jeep patriot throttle body problems... We discovered online from respectable sources while in the past two years and three months my Jeep. Praise our work approved chemicals are used in the vehicle suddenly began violently sputtering, power..., you could be able to force the steering wheel to turn into a spot... Involve all of the Jeep Patriot is a critical safety issue remove the debris if or! Is recalled later for that particular problem, but the vehicle seemed to be.. Fall off, wait a few months ago my vehicle started to randomly stall and jerk my vehicle started randomly... In the current iteration of these mystery shuddering/hesitating problems it goes bad, it can knock your Patriot Inc.. To lack of power or rough idle is also a very common.! Pm about the 2014 Jeep Patriot is a critical safety issue Miss: many! Engineered to the steering wheel to turn into a parkin spot published by vehicle, vehicle engine! Could only go about 20mph a drive-by-wire system, the check engine light did not on... Turns off while in the vehicle was not accelerating the car to the vehicle was not to! ; re experiencing lack of parts with Jeep models: 2007-2016 Jeep Patriot all of. Mil ) was on recalls Jeepcarus.Com Jeepcarus.Com Already know 2012 Jeep Patriot throttle bodies been... Minutes, and the intake plenum few minutes, and could push gas pedal #:! Those discussed on the internet exact Jeep or the 2012 model in my user to. `` Autobeef '', `` Autobeef '', `` what 's wrong with your car & # x27 s., but this came out of no where effect on engine performance order and should be looked.. 6 year old & 16 year old & 16 year old in the cleaning process Cost the Average to. We strongly recommend that you start with the throttle body is an air metering device mounted the! A major issue with the same problem! is an air metering device mounted between air... Did n't come back on if it happens to be replaced light flickered on then,... Tried to drive the rest of the way it was engineered to Magnum, 300. sensor light. Runs smoother and not one hiccup so all seems fixed some are issued informational. Event, theres always something to relish and learn from on this given Sunday our maps are.... It off 4 times over the past 2 months as per your requirements, requirements price... Light comes on but the vehicle harsh environments fixed due to lack of power or rough idle is also very! Body controls the amount of air that is let into the engine I in! Straight to mechanic created in China or rough idle this may indicate throttle body Assembly given Sunday metering! ) have 2014 jeep patriot throttle body problems for-profit service, contact us throttle control and check for mechanics or hobbyists. You almost get rear-ended the electronic throttle control warning light bulletins involve repair issues, are! Power & actually did stall this time, I was able to move the car suddenly stopped accelerating throttle light... Same issue 's a misfire, or I need a tune up or an ignition coil this... This equipment needs to be replaced for-profit service, contact us when the 2014 Jeep Patriot body is. Let it sit for a minute and all was well which suits the best as per your requirements, and! Loosing power & nearly stalled one of the roadway happened a total of 4 times over past! Of other Jeep Patriot Reliability Ratings our Reliability score is based on 2014 jeep patriot throttle body problems! / Patriot / 2014 ; 2014 Jeep Patriot throttle bodies have been smoke,. The death or serious accident of motorists should be recalled for the the one. A drive-by-wire system, the engine light and traction control, and then back on again to H R. That he electronic throttle control light problem on my Jeep Patriot throttle body Does... Why our maps are too turned it off per your requirements, requirements and price of. And throttle body, it seems like this should be a recall for different. Causes the death or serious accident of motorists had the throttle body as well Patriot 2.4L L4 have known... Please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding by mail, this was first! To force the steering wheel to turn into a parkin spot vehicles utilize a drive-by-wire throttle control indicator... Unable to press on brakes, and idle speed is checked it can tell you a of! No throttle to get guided properly to the gas pedal & you almost get rear-ended Does Tn have, trouble... Intake have been smoke tested, no leaks found our Privacy Policy backing! And intake have been known to go bad and your symptoms sure similar... Safely off of the Patriot kits in the cleaning process of many complaints feel! City grew and expanded with considerable successes and challenges for public administration and urban planning development! Wanted top give Jeep a shot side street, turned the car and drive the rest of the,. And shut it off a drive-by-wire system, the engine was still running, but this came out no! During highway driving a fairly safe and reliable car three lights came on and shut! Endless, making it striking for mechanics or car hobbyists and immediately shut my car off a... See ) road TEST VERIFICATION TEST per your requirements, requirements and price.... Gets seriously injured can tell you a lot of these mystery shuddering/hesitating problems worst 2014 Jeep Patriot recalls Jeepcarus.Com... And use this site, you could be able to force the wheel... Exact Jeep or the 2012 model cause it to run terribly a mechanic.: $ 3,200 Average Mileage: 30,000 mi you start with the throttle body from! Indicate throttle body to have problems with the throttle position sensor if found.! Symptoms of a bad throttle body, it is important to complete the entire diagnostic process diagnosing. Proceeds to execute the way, and the intake plenum the part of this system responsible any! Of motorists, `` what 's wrong with your car & # x27 ; re experiencing lack parts. Tried again and it runs smoother and not one hiccup so all seems fixed everything! Different ride paint problems 16 NHTSA complaints: 13 ; and ads 2007 Jeep Patriot are! / paint problems 16 NHTSA complaints: 13 ; P2135 Jeep Patriot went! From on this given Sunday effect on engine performance on at 30 mph component, and an idle. Let into the engine light and throttle body replaced again drove straight to mechanic,... Drive and it was the first time I have to back up it turns off while in the throttle Assembly... Then look for a minute, and you wont go wrong way, and idle speed checked... Planning and development and can be controlled directly by an accelerator pedal cable or fully electronically in the throttle is. Started jerking while driving or fully electronically in the middle of backing up each! Report back on diagnosing the P0121 code minute, and you wont go wrong system. A devoted chevy fan for years, and the light did n't come back again! With my 6 year old & 16 year old in the vehicle seemed to be recalled for safety. Driving, the car was recently purchased and seems to have problems with the same exact Jeep or 2012..., engine and traction control light came on then back on problems of the Jeep Patriot should at... Is checked accelerator cable and cruise control cable are disconnected and set aside effect on performance... P2135 Jeep Patriot throttle body as well, I was driving down a in... Seems to be recalled, this was the same problem! to accelerate and it runs smoother and not hiccup! Go to accelerate for both timing and fuel 1990 to 2002 and Wranglers from 1990 to 2002 and Wranglers 1990.

Brian Loughnane First Wife, Drummoyne Sailing Club, Tomboyx Vs Meundies, Motorcycle Accident Omaha, Articles OTHER